Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800 a month for this!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

UCDVet wrote: »
    I used to live two doors down from there. Price looks about right, all things considered. I'm sure they'll rent it in no time.

This is along the 145 and 46a. Anyone looking to rent a place like this isn't going to have a car. Dublin Bikes is right outside the door too. Great for working in city centre. Might be able to get it for 700-750 - it's hard to find anything in that price range that doesn't require sharing accommodation.

700-750?

For that piece piece of crap. I'd consider €300 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

What's the floor area
    20 m2 ?

Its aimed at poor people
    Poor people always get shafted

People should live in a decent sized dwelling and their budget should dictate location.
    Otherwise developers would have people living in shoebox's
    But doesn't that happen already.
    As long as fools (poor people) are prepared so settle for less, there will be predators willing to exploit them.
    At the risk of sounding like a boastful asshole, I share 200 m2 with my wife and 2 young kids. I despise shoebox landlords but have zero respect for their willing victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

lanos wrote: »
    What's the floor area
    20 m2 ?

Its aimed at poor people

People should live in a decent sized dwelling and their budget should dictate location.
    As long as fools (poor people) are prepared so settle for less, there will be predators willing to exploit them.
    At the risk of sounding like a boastful asshole, I share 200 m2 with my wife and 2 young kids. I despise shoebox landlords but have zero respect for their willing victims.

For some people a shoebox is better than having to get a shared room in a bigger house. I believe there is a clamour for legislation to stop people renting these people out but that will only drive prices up more. If you only need a place to sleep this is grand particularly if it's only for short term. I'd have no bother living in a place like that for a while if it wasn't cold or mouldy, wouldn't pay 800 quid for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

lanos wrote: »
    What's the floor area
    20 m2 ?

Its aimed at poor people

Your a boastful asshole :p

All joking aside, why don't u have a dog with all that space?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

It's on Leeson St, there's your answer there. Doesn't look that bad either, was expecting a lot worse.

It's a hole. And a dangerous one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

UCDVet wrote: »
    I used to live two doors down from there. Price looks about right, all things considered. I'm sure they'll rent it in no time.

This is along the 145 and 46a. Anyone looking to rent a place like this isn't going to have a car. Dublin Bikes is right outside the door too. Great for working in city centre. Might be able to get it for 700-750 - it's hard to find anything in that price range that doesn't require sharing accommodation.

There's a much bigger bedsit going for 750 just off aungier street. Which has everything you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

NZ_2014 wrote: »
    Your a boastful asshole :p

All joking aside, why don't u have a dog with all that space?

I have 3 cats
    does that count ?
    cat3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh my god it's got so much character when can I move in?

Valetta wrote: »
    Its a studio apt. Perfectly legal.

It fails on a number of points. Did you not read the post listing them? If so, reading comprehension failure. No honour in English for you!

• Advertisement

It's in a posh part of Dublin city, very near the centre. 800 seems standard even for that. I'd like to think you could get more bang for your buck in Dublin, but reality is you can't.

You can. People like you think you can't and end up paying that, but you can. Even in D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

It's in a posh part of Dublin city, very near the centre. 800 seems standard even for that. I'd like to think you could get more bang for your buck in Dublin, but reality is you can't.

Sorry, Leeson St is posh now? Lulz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

biko wrote: »
    If no-one rented it then price would fall I'd think. Is that not how free market works?

It's not a free market, the rents are fixed by the rent allowance and there are thousands of
    properties withheld by NAMA.
    biko wrote:
    I'd think

Yes, try doing that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

All those idiots who bought. (insert decking joke).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Listed as fuly furnished 1 bed 1 bath Studio, f.f.s. its a bathroom with a fold-down bed, a fridge and a microwave in it.
    At 800 a month, Leeson St or not, more the fool that pays for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

SameDiff wrote: »
    It's not a free market, the rents are fixed by the rent allowance and there are thousands of
    properties withheld by NAMA.

Not wanting to get off topic, but most of the Nama held properties are already being rented out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,344 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It looks clean and tidy. Thats a lot more than I can say about about 80% of the places I looked at. Most places have mould. Dublin landlords just can't get enough of fricking mould.

How long do you think it will stay mould free when you have the shower in your bedroom which is also your kitchen and living room?

Especially when the only heating appears to be a small electric oil filled radiator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

This is why I'm still living at home. Even if I could afford that I wouldn't go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Reality is this room will be rented out within 48hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

This is why I'm still living at home. Even if I could afford that I wouldn't go near it.

You havent gotten the message yet !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,129 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

NZ_2014 wrote: »
    That last flower picture is a mirror image of the other picture featuring the flower, microwave and sink, mirror etc are on opposite sides; perhaps they mirrored it in photoshop, perhaps.

They took the photo through the mirror on the wall to give the place a wider feel :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

biko wrote: »
    If you don't like it, don't rent it.

That's the spirit Biko. And sure so what if standards get so low we have to reach up to touch the bottom.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Having worked in a few of those late Georgian/early Victorian Leeson St buildings for enough years to know their various possible layouts backwards, I have to conclude that this -cough- apartment is in the rear basement (or just possibly the front steps). So no sunlight is getting near that 'window' for 8 months of the year. On the other hand, the Leaning Tower of Powercity aside, it mightn't be too awful if you were just staying there during the week, and you were working long hours in town. I've stayed in worse, certainly - but never for €800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Reality is this room will be rented out within 48hrs

It's been up for a week so far, saw it last weekend when I was looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Just gonna leave this here for comparison...

http://www.propertypal.com/property-to-rent/belfast-city-centre/price-800-800

You Dubliners are crazy standing for this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Do rental properties not have to be certified before they are put on the market? Because if that's not something we currently have we should be put in place. I may be quite naive but I think it's frickin shocking places like that are being rented out. And that place is clean! I have seen photos of far worse. We should have minimum standards for habitable accommodation, that are enforced. People shouldn't be ridden by disreputable landlords like this. That place is a death trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Just gonna leave this here for comparison...

http://www.propertypal.com/property-to-rent/belfast-city-centre/price-800-800

You Dubliners are crazy standing for this ****.

£800 is over €1000, so lets compare like with like please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

We seriously need to get rent control. It is pricing a lot of people out of Dublin and or back home. 800 for that is just plain mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Luke92 wrote: »
    http://touch.daft.ie/imagebrowser.daft?type=rental&id=1497539

You would want to be mental! I'd rather pay for a hostel!

Edit: yeah sorry mods I couldn't find the present thread in accommodation and property. So thought it would be more suited here.

Welcome to my tomb!

That is unreal, I pay less for a 3 bed house, granted it's not in Dublin.

But if all you want is location, location, location then you're welcome to this compact and bijoux studio!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

£800 is over €1000, so lets compare like with like please....

http://www.propertypal.com/property-to-rent/belfast-city-centre/price-600-700

Still 100times more acceptable.

Advertisement