Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800 a month for this!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

apartment does not meet minimum statutory requirement. 4 hob minimum in kitchen, this place has two. Shower in the same living space, as bedroom come kitchen. Looks clean but a death trap.

No Crying Chair either. Standards are slipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Its a studio apt. Perfectly legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Compact and bijou.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I heard theres a boards.ie special discount for anyone that wants to rent it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

biko wrote: »
    If no-one rented it then price would fall I'd think. Is that not how free market works?
    Free market often doesn't account for stupid people.

• Advertisement

Valetta wrote: »
    Its a studio apt. Perfectly legal.

Is it legal to cover the ventilation system of a microwave?

Would an electrician certify that setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,301 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's on Leeson St, there's your answer there. Doesn't look that bad either, was expecting a lot worse.
    If you don't like it, don't rent it.
    Valetta wrote: »
    What's the problem?

€800 for a city centre apartment seems about right.

Another pointless bank holiday thread?

Worrying.

Honest to God, worrying.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd say it's awfully 'cozy'

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I feel sorry for anyone that has to stoop as low to take a place like that.

Places like that should be shut down and that includes the ones even worse then that.

I done work in places like that and there were 8 or more depending on size of house.

No to bare minimum insulation, lots of damp, cramped and smelly with old rotten furniture and carpets etc etc.

These LL are absolutely minted as they made big money out of these dives in the 80's and still are now as they can get away with charging crazy money no wonder the rents are so high.

I had to move out of Dublin and that wasn't the city centre I was in and now the prices are shooting up as the market has gone nuts and everyone is having to travel further to get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

noodler wrote: »
    Worrying.

Honest to God, worrying.

It's in a posh part of Dublin city, very near the centre. 800 seems standard even for that. I'd like to think you could get more bang for your buck in Dublin, but reality is you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ah jaysus, you've no space on the toilet to reach behind and wipe yourself.

€800 for that, that has to be a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CentimoSal

The exclamation mark suggests some sort of price scandal....

This is slightly above my yardstick of 'meh' - but it's so easy to forget broadband and electricity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Ah jaysus, you've no space on the toilet to reach behind and wipe yourself.

€800 for that, that has to be a joke.

I think thats what the pipe from the basin is for.

1. Run basin of water
    2. Take dump
    3. Lean forward take out plug from basin
    4. Job done

Luke92 wrote: »
    http://touch.daft.ie/imagebrowser.daft?type=rental&id=1497539

You would want to be mental! I'd rather pay for a hostel!

Edit: yeah sorry mods I couldn't find the present thread in accommodation and property. So thought it would be more suited here.
    There's an AH thread here enjoy. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Hobbits need only apply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

How gratifying it must be to laugh at those who live in places like this.

Does it make your malicious glee all the more delicious knowing that vast swathes of people live in places like this?

For shame, AH.

For shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

It's in a posh part of Dublin city, very near the centre. 800 seems standard even for that. I'd like to think you could get more bang for your buck in Dublin, but reality is you can't.

You can get better for less around the same general area. The landlord is just using the street name to rip the piss with the price!

catallus wrote: »
    How gratifying it must be to laugh at those who live in places like this.

Does it make your malicious glee all the more delicious knowing that vast swathes of people live in places like this?

For shame, AH.

For shame.

As it's currently for rent, then techincally there isn't anyone living there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

As it's currently for rent, then techincally there isn't anyone living there...

If that's the sort of reasoning that you use to absolve yourself of the blood on your hands, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A lot of chatter recently about rents. Not much that I can recall from 6 or 8 years ago when they were much higher. Unless I read this wrong the index was at 100 7 years ago and has not yet reached 90 in any sector following a steep decline to well below 80.

https://www.esri.ie/irish_economy/rent-index/historical_reports/PRTBRentIndex2014Quarter1report.pdf

It's a bit like people saying how hard it is to get on the property ladder now. Ignoring that fact that prices have more or less halved in the last few years. And ignoring that fact that for most years of a typical mortgage over the last 40 years interest rates were in double figures, going has high has 18%. It was always hard for people renting and buying property, just a fact of life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Chocolate Lions

If no-one rented it then price would fall I'd think. Is that not how free market works?

The free market doesn't work, which is why everything is so wrapped in regulation - the wheels will fall off if it isn't. Which is what happens every time deregulation occurs.

Having such a poor standard of accommodation is a disgrace, and if you're Irish and even if you're not you should be appalled that that could end up being someone's home, that that's a standard you don't mind seeing. And the money for it, the little baby Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

realies wrote: »
    I like the last photo with the flower in the window.
    that flower in the window in the last photo makes it all worth it
    Me as well ... it really ties the room together
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    Without the flower its probably worth 750 a month, but the flower deffo gives it value at 800:D

That last flower picture is a mirror image of the other picture featuring the flower, microwave and sink, mirror etc are on opposite sides; perhaps they mirrored it in photoshop, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Chocolate Lions

NZ_2014 wrote: »
    That last flower picture is a mirror image of the other picture featuring the flower, microwave and sink, mirror etc are on opposite sides; perhaps they mirrored it in photoshop, perhaps.

lol, if they have photoshop they could have done a bit more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov

No wonder poor oul Gerry turned to the sniff

catallus wrote: »
    If that's the sort of reasoning that you use to absolve yourself of the blood on your hands, so be it.

Their anguish sustains me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I used to live two doors down from there. Price looks about right, all things considered. I'm sure they'll rent it in no time.

This is along the 145 and 46a. Anyone looking to rent a place like this isn't going to have a car. Dublin Bikes is right outside the door too. Great for working in city centre. Might be able to get it for 700-750 - it's hard to find anything in that price range that doesn't require sharing accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're right guys, it's much too expensive.
    Someone has to do something before it's too late.

Let's meet outside tomorrow at 4pm for a protest. Bring your own signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

It'll go for more than 800 too, if other places are anything to go by. It's very weird to see people engaging in bidding wars with each other over crappy apartments, but it's par for the course these days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

I like the way the basin seems to empty into the toilet (12th picture down).

Could be a good way of saving water :)
    you sure its not the other way around? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

landlords run the country thats why they can get away with things like this

keep voting for fianna gaelbour you suckers

Advertisement