Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Speaking of Irish beers I had a bottle of Kinnegar Rustbucket the other night. Very tasty stuff I must say. Will definitely be giving their other beers a go now starting with their IPA next week.

I like the Rustbucket a lot. I've a bottle of their IPA here for later so I'll report back after I've sampled it. Got a BPBP Pleasant Porter too.

Update: I like it! Reminds me of another IPA I enjoy. Possibly Proper Job? Anyway, that's 3/3 from Kinnegar that I've enjoyed in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Kinnegar are my favourite Irish brewery, wasn't a huge fan of their saison, but have liked pretty much everything else. Shame that there's a load of their IPAs out there that are quite old, would love to try them fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

jsa112 wrote: »
    Kinnegar are my favourite Irish brewery, wasn't a huge fan of their saison, but have liked pretty much everything else. Shame that there's a load of their IPAs out there that are quite old, would love to try them fresh

One of my favourites too, but loved their Saison. :D Had the good fortune to try all their beers in their tap house in Rathmullan House this summer too. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

2 fantastic beers tapped on Bierhaus, Cork last night:
    Dry hopped cask Cottonball Kerry Lane Pale Ale .
    Lovely fresh, fragrant, light pale.
    Boon Lambic. Beautiful, sour, complex, uncarbonated gorgeousness with a very challenging horse stable nose! A must for any Lambic fans out there. It's kinda pricy but compared to Lambic bottles in an offie, it doesn't seem too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any opinions on Cloughmore granite lager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Off to Wexford for the weekend. I'm assuming The Ground still has that White Gypsy red ale with the almost Guinness-level of creaminess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

no, but the Stout is good enough.

Weird beers too, the range was commissioned from Whitewater by Noreast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I thought it was excellent. Much better than the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That left hand brewing co's milk stout on draught(nitro) in ATG is lovely. Although I preferred the founders breakfast stout. Served in one of these is a bit too hip for me.

bf21b4abcfa8fa1fe5e976d16f553f94.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BeerNut wrote: »
    I thought it was excellent. Much better than the other two.

Nice review, big fan of Belfast lager here :p my local super value hasn't stocked It in a while though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

RasTa wrote: »
    That left hand brewing co's milk stout on draught(nitro) in ATG is lovely.

I much prefer the regular, non-nitro version. I've rarely seen it around on draught or in bottle form since the introduction of the Nitro Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nice review, big fan of Belfast lager here :p my local super value hasn't stocked It in a while though.

They have it in Aldi now.

They have it in Aldi now.

Time to make a trip so

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Halfbaker

Trouble Brewing have a pumpkin beer out for halloween. I am usually not a fan of novelty beers but I'm sorry I only bought one bottle, this was much nicer than I expected. Nice hint of spiciness (cinnamon and ginger) and not overly sweet either.
    I will need to sample another to decide whether I like it or not :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Halfbaker wrote: »
    Trouble Brewing have a pumpkin beer out for halloween. I am usually not a fan of novelty beers but I'm sorry I only bought one bottle, this was much nicer than I expected. Nice hint of spiciness (cinnamon and ginger) and not overly sweet either.
    I will need to sample another to decide whether I like it or not :)

I was disappointed with this year's version, thought it was too sweet compared to previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Halfbaker

irish_goat wrote: »
    I was disappointed with this year's version, thought it was too sweet compared to previous years.
    Sounds interesting, I would probably like it better if it was less sweet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

irish_goat wrote: »

I had last year's version on cask and thought it was awfully bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I had last year's version on cask and thought it was awfully bland.

Had a bottle of this year's and really enjoyed it. Not too sweet either, nice cinnamon spice notes. Must pick up another

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

how available is it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

GY A1 wrote: »
    how available is it,

O'briens have it if there's one near you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 slavik

Tonight I'm having one of each of Freudian Slip by Evil Twin, Founders Breakfast Stout, Loose Leaf by Odell,Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale and maybe a bottle of Double Dog pale Ale by Flying Dog Brewery.

Ok this stuff is very tasty indeed, its like an upgrade of Belfast lager, must get a few bottles for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Over the last few days I had Oskar Blues G'Knight Imperial Red, Stones use by 10/31/14 IPA and Russian River's Supplication.
    G'Lnight was nice but I'm not crazy about the style in general, Stones was better than the one I tried before (don't get all the praise for Stone tbh) and Supplication was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭H_Lime

RasTa wrote: »
    That left hand brewing co's milk stout on draught(nitro) in ATG is lovely. Although I preferred the founders breakfast stout. Served in one of these is a bit too hip for me.
    Delighted to see it back on the shelves. Picked up six bottles to savour yet again over the coming week.

Hopefully backwoods bastard makes its treacley bourbon presence felt once more, jesus i can taste it now lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/10/22/heineken-sales-down-as-dickheads-migrate-to-craft-beers/
    BREWING giant Heineken has suffered a decline in sales this quarter as well known dickheads migrate to a new plane of pretentiousness in the emerging craft beers market.

While Heineken, a brewer also responsible for Tiger and Sol beers, has seen some growth in Asian markets it is here in Europe and Ireland specifically that it has seen its largest decline in sales.

“Eh, well, there’s just too much f*cking choice and social pressure when it comes to drinking these days,” explained beer expert Donnacha Keeley-Smith, “like, you’ll have friends giving out if you drink a Heino. It’s all Wolf Foreskin Micro Brew this, Cobblers Knob 7.6% that”.

Donnacha went on to explain that many former Heineken drinkers have made the move to craft beers in an effort to feel part of the condescending elitism no longer afforded to them by drinking Heineken.

“You wouldn’t be caught within a minge hair’s breath of that old sh*te anymore. I’m talk of the town with the lads now because I’ve discovered the key to this craft beer lark,” offered reformed ex-Heineken drinker Jack Dooley-Forde-O’Loughlin-Ahern, “you just find the most German sounding f*cking yoke on the shelf or behind the bar and the lads think you’re like, up to speed on all things beer”.
    Heineken’s main competition for dickhead affection is now light wheat beer Von Karldüsselfranschhause which is served in a 3ft wide glass to accommodate its long name.

Rumours within the brewing industry suggest that Heineken’s own attempt at craft beer has flown off the shelves this week following its hastily put together launch.

Entitled ‘German Craft Beer’, sales are believed to be in the millions and are also receiving rave reviews on blogging sites despite it being Heineken placed in a different packaging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

About as funny as Brendan Grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I laughed anyway ....
    Has anyone tried the lager from Munster brewery in youghal (I think it's fir Bolg )
    Really nice , kind of a cross between ale and lager, not too bitter either...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

H_Lime wrote: »
    Delighted to see it back on the shelves. Picked up six bottles to savour yet again over the coming week.

Hopefully backwoods bastard makes its treacley bourbon presence felt once more, jesus i can taste it now lol...

Yeah very reasonable price considering the %. Going to pick up a couple myself this weekend, hopefully as good as draught.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ipso wrote: »
    About as funny as Brendan Grace.

Its waterford whispers its a piss take. the whole page is.

I found it amusing. The writers are probably craft beer drinkers its a joke...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Lemmie see now......what beer could I possibly be drinking this week.......
    lh3pg8xl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement