Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Just cracked open a schlenkerla rauchbier urbock. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Joekers

Have a bottle of Founders Breakfast Stout chilling in the fridge can't wait to crack it open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Joekers wrote: »
    Have a bottle of Founders Breakfast Stout chilling in the fridge can't wait to crack it open

Take it out of the fridge! It's much nicer than chilled

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Rogues chocolate stout. Far too sweet. Their 7 hop IPA is a much nicer choice. 6 hours left and then home. Might hit the lucky Labrador brewery pub

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Having a can of Mikkeller - Keeper Pils. It's an American Pilsner no less....whatever that is. It's a beautiful beer though, essentially an IPA though. Brewed and canned by Slyfox. Mikkeller seem to get quite a few beers contract brewed by other breweries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Mikkeller seem to get quite a few beers contract brewed by other breweries.
    100% of them. That's the deal with Mikkeller. Though I saw recently he bought a brewkit, so that may change.

BeerNut wrote: »
    100% of them. That's the deal with Mikkeller. Though I saw recently he bought a brewkit, so that may change.

Ha. Explains the "gypsy" moniker I suppose.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bit like the Brown Paper Bag Project, is it?

Anywho. I'm starting my weekend with a Buried At Sea. I'm saving a Nogne Ø Porter for after this. Boo yeah. :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

An File wrote: »
    Bit like the Brown Paper Bag Project, is it?
    Exactly. And Evil Twin (Mikkeller's actual twin) and To Øl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Via Maris from Galway bay really is a great beer for the price.

Had a few yesterday and I think it gets better very time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Currently sipping away on the Kinsale Pale Ale, at 2.85 in Dunnes it isn't fantastically cheap but had a couple together with a couple of Smithwicks PA and the taste is noticeably better, which I guess wouldn't be hard.

Having another can of Mikkeller this evening, Better Half. 6.8% IPA, again brewed by SlyFox.
    It reminds me of lot of Modus Hoperandi by Ska Brewing (so obviously I'm enjoying it a lot!) and funnily enough they both share the same abv. Top beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭jh79

Bo Bristle Special Brew Imperial Red
    Really nice , hides it's 7% really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Currently having a can of Torpedo.

My go to IPA these days along with Centennial IPA.

When I'm a good boy I allow myself a bottle of Of Foam And Fury. Lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are Whitewater still doing Hopplehammer? I haven't seen it anywhere in Limerick in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

isn't it a seasonal (winter ale). Should start to be reappearing again soon, hopefully.

Evil Twin - I Love You With My Stout.
    Beautifully balanced Imperial Stout. The alcohol is hidden ridiculously well so it drinks super easy, so as a result I'm a little bit tipsy! :o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Got hold of some of Monaghan's Brehon Red last night. Nicely impressed with it; it has a good body to it and tastes like it's been given a good long final conditioning. I'd actually consider it superior to Brú Rua and O'Hara's Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm staying in Galway city next weekend, can anyone recommend any good craft beer pubs? The Salthouse is on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Currently having a can of Torpedo.

My go to IPA these days along with Centennial IPA.

When I'm a good boy I allow myself a bottle of Of Foam And Fury. Lol

Out of interest, what is Sierra Nevada's availability like in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Joekers

Ipso wrote: »
    Out of interest, what is Sierra Nevada's availability like in Ireland?

Widely available across Dublin (Year Round, Seasonal and Variety Pack) can't speak for the rest of the country though I rarely step foot outside the Pale

Widely available across Dublin (Year Round, Seasonal and Variety Pack) can't speak for the rest of the country though I rarely step foot outside the Pale

At least two of the offies in Limerick do a fair share of the Sierra Nevada range. Usually at decent enough prices too.

Yeah it's becoming fairy handy to get. Most big towns have a decent offi at this stage with a selection of craft beers and generally theyre open to ordering in beers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Got the last of the cask of Goodbye Blue Monday in Blackrock (on the house too!) and it was really excellent. Hope it becomes more widely available in the future.

Simcoe, The Full Irish and Hurricane IPA all by Eight Degrees in bottles at home. All very good with the Hurricane probably being the pick of the bunch. Throw Amber Ella into the mix and it would be hard to argue that Eight Degrees are producing the best Irish beers at the minute.

Maynard wrote: »
    Got the last of the cask of Goodbye Blue Monday in Blackrock (on the house too!) and it was really excellent. Hope it becomes more widely available in the future.

Simcoe, The Full Irish and Hurricane IPA all by Eight Degrees in bottles at home. All very good with the Hurricane probably being the pick of the bunch. Throw Amber Ella into the mix and it would be hard to argue that Eight Degrees are producing the best Irish beers at the minute.

I would have to agree. They're knocking it out of the park at the minute.

Speaking of Irish beers I had a bottle of Kinnegar Rustbucket the other night. Very tasty stuff I must say. Will definitely be giving their other beers a go now starting with their IPA next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

this wkend had some lidl perlinbacker, was on offer xxl box

• Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail
    I couldn't get to like this at all.
    Sticky sugary Syrupy sweet and then really bitter at the end with no balance at all. Not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I'm staying in Galway city next weekend, can anyone recommend any good craft beer pubs? The Salthouse is on my list.

The Cottage is a good one, lovely old pub with some good taps. Has standard stuff like Guinness too, but plenty of craft ones. Owned by Galway Bay crowd that own Oslo and Salthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Double Mountain - Fresh Hop, Killer Green IPA.
    at 7.5% and 97 IBU one will do for tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Nice afternoon in the Black Sheep with My Antonia, Hoptimum and Rustbucket Rye.

Happy girl here this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement