Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

drumswan wrote: »
    Picked up the Brewdog Russian Doll series and a 750ml bottle of the Cockagee cider

had a btl of the Cockagee and best cider i have tasted, njoy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Only coming around from last night now...

There was a craft beer event in a hotel/bar in Derry. £10 entry and there were 25 beers available and you got about 100ml of each. Obviously I didn't make it through the lot and I was able to swap a few lager tokens for more ale. Drank a good bit of Cloghmore, Brewdog, 8 Degrees, O'Hara's and an interesting apple ale from Drygate, Glasgow. Helped Kinnegar out behind their bar for an hour or so and ended up going home with a mixed case of their beer as well. Not bad for a tenner.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

^ surely it would have been easy to get through them all for a total of 2.5L no?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

adamski8 wrote: »
    ^ surely it would have been easy to get through them all for a total of 2.5L no?

It would depend on the %'s I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Only had about 4 hours and I was shovelling fancy hams and salami into me too. Some of the pours were more generous too.

• Advertisement

Its a pretty good idea with the 100ml vouchers except like you said you end up wanting to avoid some

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Some Berliner Kindl that seems to have made a reappearance in Aldi.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads. Sierra Nevada's Narwhal is still one of the finest imperial stouts around.

Just back from the Franciscan well, lots of Belgian and German beers available. Augustiner Edelstoff on tap for the first time in ireland. Will be back there again tomorrow afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

An File wrote: »
    Lads. Sierra Nevada's Narwhal is still one of the finest imperial stouts around.

Yeah. I'm kerping an eye out for their barrel aged version which shoukd be around soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

drumswan wrote: »
    Picked up the Brewdog Russian Doll series and a 750ml bottle of the Cockagee cider

Oh cool, let us know what you think of the Russian dolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Drinking White Gypsy Garden's Wild Ale in Brewery Corner. Taking a break from the beer tent on Savour Kilkenny. :)
    Nice. Mild nettles...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dungarvan Black Rock Stout

rock_big.png

Nice head and carbonation. Slight roasted flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

5jLW2x_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Starting off with a Fullers Past Masters Old Burton Extra.
    After that I have a Trouble Whistle Blower and Sierra Nevada Hoptimum ready to go.

5jLW2x_thumb.jpg

Probably one of the best value beers out there.

Yup think I got it for $8 only wish I brought more home :(

Yup think I got it for $8 only wish I brought more home :(

I've got it for 4.50 maybe even 4. Usually around 5 (in the SF Bay Area).

I bought it in an off license off Union square so that probably explains it. Still compare to irish beers and prices. It's a steal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Trying some Black's of Kinsale IPA. Not sure if I'm a fan. I'm getting a very salty taste from it. Had some Founders Breakfast stout before it and it was absolutely beautiful. Nice roasted, oaty taste to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Charles Wells DNA New world IPA, after a 8º Howling gale ale from Ballyhoura, I prefer the 8º as it has more body.
    Also been trying some Lava Rock from O'Briens this week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer festival in Nancy Blake's (Limerick City) today. Started with Rogue's Dead Guy. Then Kenmare Irish Porter. Then St Austell's Big Job. Finished my night with a Stone Well medium dry cider. Lovely few hours, naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Drank a Cloughmore Stout last night, I really like it.

Proper dry stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I had a couple of bottles of Galway Bay stormy port last night. I wasn't expecting much but I was very pleasantly surprised. Lovely lovely drinkable porter. Will definitely be purchasing more this winter.

I had a couple of bottles of Galway Bay stormy port last night. I wasn't expecting much but I was very pleasantly surprised. Lovely lovely drinkable porter. Will definitely be purchasing more this winter.

They really improved the recipe alright, great beer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

They really improved the recipe alright, great beer now.

I didn't have it on the old recipe but what it is now is very drinkable. 4 for €11 is a perfect price point too in my local offi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

must give it a re-try myself, but whenever I go into TBD and I'm in the mood for a porter or stout I always find it impossible not to order a BAS.

There's no going back from that either, it's so flavoursome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Had some Sheep Stealer in the headline last night then decided to check out blackbird in Rathmines. Good enough selection of beers on offer. Had some Vietnow IPA and then finished the night with White Hag's Imperial oatmeal Stout.

I didn't have it on the old recipe but what it is now is very drinkable. 4 for €11 is a perfect price point too in my local offi

Hold on a second, thats not you is it Seaneh? ;p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Was down in the TTT again last night for the ale festival, really enjoyed Batemans Colonels Whiskers alot of chocolate and coffee from it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement