Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Am I right in thinking that it's for deliveries?
    As for the cost of delivery. I'd say 23€ is about right when you take in wages, vehicle costs and diesel..
    Probably doesn't account for the picking costs.

I know I wouldn't allow a new customer if they spent less than 20 per delivery. It upset the sales reps no end.

I've seen these in France. Supermarkets have turned their warehouses, that they need anyway, into click and collect bases. All they needed was a few extra staff to do the collection and a few parking bays for customers to park. Since the customers are not allowed in the warehouse, you don't need special lighting, music, displays, etc... And it's easier to manage the stocks that way too

Has anyone tried the competitor vouchers for online shopping? I couldn't enter mine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the competitor vouchers for online shopping? I couldn't enter mine
    You give it to the delivery driver and your card should be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 68,145 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've seen these in France. Supermarkets have turned their warehouses, that they need anyway, into click and collect bases. All they needed was a few extra staff to do the collection and a few parking bays for customers to park. Since the customers are not allowed in the warehouse, you don't need special lighting, music, displays, etc... And it's easier to manage the stocks that way too

Tesco have some click and collect here, e.g. Maynooth has one sited in the old store (they built a new store about 6 years ago to replace an 'old' one built in 2001!)

MYOB wrote: »
    Tesco have some click and collect here, e.g. Maynooth has one sited in the old store (they built a new store about 6 years ago to replace an 'old' one built in 2001!)

In Clarehall too, but they still have a store. What I meant was a click and collect linked to a warehouse and no customers allowed in. Saves a great deal of money to the comapny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

In Clarehall too, but they still have a store. What I meant was a click and collect linked to a warehouse and no customers allowed in. Saves a great deal of money to the comapny

This is what they have in Maynooth. They have an entire store- which pickers use to fulfill online orders- its where Tesco used to be before the new Extra opened a few years ago.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Are these vouchers only given against groceries?? Was looking at purchasing a laptop and wondered if they would accept the €25 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

hello, dose anybody know if this can be used as the same time as the discount for making your first online order ?

hello, dose anybody know if this can be used as the same time as the discount for making your first online order ?

Unless the first online discount gives reasons why other vouchers wouldn't be accepted it should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

snubbleste wrote: »
    tried giving it to the driver today and he would not take it. I had to tell him that he should take it but he said it was off my next shop that my order was already paid for. I did insist he take it but he said he couldnt guarantee it would be refunded as he had never taken one of these coupons before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

tried giving it to the driver today and he would not take it. I had to tell him that he should take it but he said it was off my next shop that my order was already paid for. I did insist he take it but he said he couldnt guarantee it would be refunded as he had never taken one of these coupons before.

The driver does not know what he was talking about by the sounds of it. I was told from the driver last night that all stores got a memo on the coupon thing. Drivers are to bring them back and get the manager to call customer service to arrange the refund due.
    They took one off me.

I would suggest you call them and explain what happened.

Tried that as well with the click and collect, the guy there said to go to Customer service. I've sent them a message, will see what they come back with

They confirmed on FB that drivers should take the vouchers for home deliveries;. Trying to find out about the click and collect ones

They didn't take mine for petrol either :mad:

They didn't take mine for petrol either :mad:

They're not supposed to.......
    It is specifically not valid for Baby formula, Lottery tickets, tobacco products or Petrol/Diesel.

They are not supposed to take it for petrol.

They're not supposed to.......
    It is specifically not valid for Baby formula, Lottery tickets, tobacco products or Petrol/Diesel.

They are not supposed to take it for petrol.

Some people had success with petrol, there is nothing at the back of the voucher about fuel (although the one from Super Valu mentions not to be used for fuel)

Some people had success with petrol, there is nothing at the back of the voucher about fuel (although the one from Super Valu mentions not to be used for fuel)

If some people had luck with them being accepted- it was through negligence on the part of the cashier- or a lack of understanding of how the scheme was supposed to operate. We also have reports of people cheerfully loading up on baby formula with coupons. Neither are supposed to be allowed- and it is spelt out quite clearly in the competitor coupon leaflet that you can find at any of the customer service desks.

If some people had luck with them being accepted- it was through negligence on the part of the cashier- or a lack of understanding of how the scheme was supposed to operate. We also have reports of people cheerfully loading up on baby formula with coupons. Neither are supposed to be allowed- and it is spelt out quite clearly in the competitor coupon leaflet that you can find at any of the customer service desks.

Ah, right so.

I received an answer from the CS regarding click and collect: the staff will accept the coupons. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Do you think I could use a Dunnes E10 off if you spend E50 on a computer game??Has anyone tried??

mac1961 wrote: »
    Do you think I could use a Dunnes E10 off if you spend E50 on a computer game??Has anyone tried??

Its accepted on close to everything to shop so that'll be fine; not withstanding the standard issues of staff sometimes not having a clue.

• Advertisement

mac1961 wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

If I am doing a big shop but baby formula is part of it can I still use the Dunnes money off vouchers in tesco? E.g. Spend 100, 12 of it formula can I still use my money off for a shop of 80 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

polydactyl wrote: »
    If I am doing a big shop but baby formula is part of it can I still use the Dunnes money off vouchers in tesco? E.g. Spend 100, 12 of it formula can I still use my money off for a shop of 80 euro?

Yes, they just take away the baby formula from the total price for voucher purposes.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Yes, they just take away the baby formula from the total price for voucher purposes.

In practice- most of them don't bother- but it is what they're supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

snubbleste wrote: »

Any idea how long it takes for the voucher amount to be refunded to the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ruth12345

When i tried to use one of those dunnes receipt vouchers (save 10 off 50) in tescos, i was told they didnt accept them as they were just from the till receipt. Is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

No it's wrong. It should have been accepted. Email customer care with the details. I've used them. They are 'spend & save" , ignorant sales assistant is the problem here

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GoddardNew

Why don't Tesco just drop their bloody prices instead of all these stupid false deals and gimmicks?

They still charge too much on many items. I can buy many things cheaper in my local Eurospar than I can in Tesco, and these items aren't on special in Eurospar either.

It's like the scam matching Lidl and Aldi pricing. Conveniently though their is no breakdown on your till receipt of what was actually cheaper in Aldi or Lidl. Sometimes nothing was cheaper according to the till receipts. And why does it have to be money off vouchers on your next shop anyway?

What's wrong with price matching at the checkout there and then?

I use Aldi for just about everything now. Only go to Tesco for niche items I can't get in the Germans store.[/QUOTE

I agree! Tesco is gone **** crap ass gimmicks, it must be embarrassing for the till worker to give them 1 cent off difference to use for the next shopping after spending alot on their groceries, Not only that Aldi is cheaper also Dealz good with stuff as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ruth12345

If a dunnes voucher says 'not valid for giftcards', can you still buy giftcards in tesco using that voucher?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement