Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sounds good - I recently received my SuperValu mailing, only the vouchers are for a specific store, which is no longer local to me. Hopefully I can use them at Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

dudara wrote: »
    Sounds good - I recently received my SuperValu mailing, only the vouchers are for a specific store, which is no longer local to me. Hopefully I can use them at Tesco.
    As long as they are in date that should not be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

A quick question on this, for the Dunnes vouchers i got in the mailing this month (€8 off and €9 off) can i use these in Tesco?

To note, these arent the ones were you have to spend a certain amount (e.g. €12 off when you spend €60)

So if i have €19 off from Dunnes and €12 off from Tesco, can i use all in Tesco in one shop? Im guessing not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    A quick question on this, for the Dunnes vouchers i got in the mailing this month (€8 off and €9 off) can i use these in Tesco?

To note, these arent the ones were you have to spend a certain amount (e.g. €12 off when you spend €60)

So if i have €19 off from Dunnes and €12 off from Tesco, can i use all in Tesco in one shop? Im guessing not.

Its one voucher- per transaction.
    What I do is put all the shopping on the conveyor belt- and tell the cashier to stop when she hits €60 (or whatever the target spend is) and then to start off again. On one occasion I managed to use 3 €10 off vouchers in the one shop this way (and get the Tesco 25% off wines, bogoff on coffee, special offers on children's clothes and wellington boots- and a rake of other offers that day).

So- one voucher per transaction- but you can have as many transactions as you like (keeping in mind you'll have to hit the target spend on the voucher, in order to use the voucher).

JoeCole26 wrote: »

I am assuming you mean the clubcard vouchers? No you cannot use them in Tesco. Its only the one's that you cite like the €12 off a €60 shop that you can also use in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Just back from shopping, had 2 vouchers from newspapers at weekend the Aldi ones, spent one in Aldi, stocked up on chicken (special offer - filled the freezer) the other in Tesco no questions asked, New Ross.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Used the Aldi €10 off €50 in Tesco. Was able to use it on two €20 phone top ups and other stuff to bring it just over €50. This included two packs of the Moy Park Chicken Kievs (at 1.29 each after MP coupons).

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Can dunnes vouchers be used for a tesco online shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

any idea if they will work for petrol in tescos

irlgirl wrote: »

Wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mac1961

If using dunnes 10 off when you spend 40 in tesco do you need to produce your dunnes loyalty card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

mac1961 wrote: »
    If using dunnes 10 off when you spend 40 in tesco do you need to produce your dunnes loyalty card.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

irlgirl wrote: »

Asked at a Tesco Petrol station today and they said "unfortunately not" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

This came in handy

got 24 big tigers for 44
    same would cost around 72 in dunnes
    happy out

Can anyone clarify if these are being accepted for Tesco online shopping?
    Fakebuke Tesco suggest you give it to the delivery driver:
    Customer: my delivery driver would not accept my Dunnes stores €15 off a €60 shop today. I phoned customer services and was told that he should have done so. They have refunded the money to me (many thanks) but could you please ask Tesco in Maynooth to advise their drivers to take the vouchers, so I don't have to go through this again next week. Otherwise, very pleased with my delivery from Maynooth.

Tesco Ireland: Thanks for getting in touch with us.
    I'm really sorry that the driver would not accept the voucher, although I am pleased that you were happy with your order otherwise.
    If you can let me know your full home address, order number and address in a private message I will speak to the department to make sure they are aware of the correct process.
    Thank you, Clare - Customer Care

You can use them for Tesco online!
    Tesco fakebuke: if you are placing a grocery order from the website, you will be able to present our driver with the coupon on the door step; so long as the terms and conditions are met, you will receive a refund for the difference

Now can we combine this with Tesco online coupons :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

snubbleste wrote: »
    You can use them for Tesco online!

Now can we combine this with Tesco online coupons :cool:

Now that I'm going to give a try, my 32€ off a shop over 100€ from Dunnes will come in handy than, let's see what my driver tells me on Saturday.

• Advertisement

.. 32€ off a shop over 100€ from Dunnes..
    32% off! that's an excellent coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

32% off! that's an excellent coupon

I know but ever since Superquinn become Supervalue their local store has gone down to become a horrible place so I now shop dunnes regulary, especially as they have all the nice food I want (like Ardale farm milk) that I can't get at tesco.

So I wrack up large bills with them, I assume the more you spend the nice vouchers get because I know some people that got 32€ off over 160€ who spend less than me.

But let's see if Tesco takes that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I know but ever since Superquinn become Supervalue their local store has gone down to become a horrible place so I now shop dunnes regulary, especially as they have all the nice food I want (like Ardale farm milk) that I can't get at tesco.

So I wrack up large bills with them, I assume the more you spend the nice vouchers get because I know some people that got 32€ off over 160€ who spend less than me.

But let's see if Tesco takes that one.
    A dunnes better to shop in than a Supervalu. I'm shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lifestyle

Hi my local tesco sells loads homewares things. Has anyone used the money off coupons for cutlery, toaster etc. thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

lifestyle wrote: »
    Hi my local tesco sells loads homewares things. Has anyone used the money off coupons for cutlery, toaster etc. thanks

Yeah, they're allowed.

The Sun has a €5 off €25 spend at Iceland for those lucky enough to live near one.
    Not honoured by Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

The Sun has a €5 off €25 spend at Iceland for those lucky enough to live near one.
    Not honoured by Tesco.

Why wouldn't it be? It should of been i would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Why wouldn't it be? It should of been i would have thought

All of the Tesco ads on the radio state that they accept all Dunnes, Super Value, Aldi and Lidl vouchers, so I'd be surprised if they accept the Iceland voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Whiplashy wrote: »
    All of the Tesco ads on the radio state that they accept all Dunnes, Super Value, Aldi and Lidl vouchers, so I'd be surprised if they accept the Iceland voucher.

They accepted a Marks and Spencer one from me (€5 off €25 spend) a few weeks ago so worth asking if they'll take Iceland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    A dunnes better to shop in than a Supervalu. I'm shocked.

I take it you're saying that tongue-in-cheek?
    Dunnes tends to be far better now than Supervalu.......
    Dunnes are even carrying quite a few Waitrose ranges, that Superquinn had once upon a time..........
    Dunnes has gone upmarket- Superquinn- as Supervalu- has gone decidedly downmarket.

Advertisement