Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFICIAL INTAKE 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Ummmmm not being thick....but what clothes are people wearing? Like business ? I don't want to rock up in a shirt and jumper and get a good talking too

I bought this black dress (below knee) from Tesco's business section and wearing that with flat black shoes and a nude coloured blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

I'm going for a white suit with a white top hat and a cane. Nothing too over the top!! :D

JMcClane wrote: »
    I'm going for a white suit with a white top hat and a cane. Nothing too over the top!! :D

I think maybe red shoes will tie the whole outfit together

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

LadyVernal wrote: »
    I think maybe red shoes will tie the whole outfit together

And maybe a red cravat.

And maybe a red cravat.

Now your talking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shaved Fish

At least I won't feel overdressed in my purple sparkly suit. :D

It would be slightly awkward if alwayshungry now appears at the induction with some extravagant getup and the belief that we were being serious (which we are - purple is definitely in at this time of year).

In all seriousness, I am going for a suit. I think it mentions 'smart dress' in one of the documents. At least if you are too smart you can dress down by taking your tie off, etc. Don't really have that luxury with a pair of jeans and a hoody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

At least you won't feel out of place. Fenners is sporting his mankini apparently lol

There's a really useful thread that shield started on page 2 "starting GV soon" he outlines what to expect, what to bring, great hints and tips some things I read and thought great idea lol. I'm almost certain he posted a pic of what you should be wearing to induction and your first days until you get uniform. Basically is suits for the boys and ladies you have the option of smart trouser suits or skirt/dress. Personally I have a couple of pencil dresses I'll be sporting when I eventually get a call lol.

Good luck my lovelies, enjoy and stay safe xx

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I bought this black dress (below knee) from Tesco's business section and wearing that with flat black shoes and a nude coloured blazer

Well there goes my outfit plans...:(

Dekkers I've a lovely pair of grey kitten heeled Mary Janes you could borrow and a grey jacket. Just accessorise it differently or if you fancied I think the pink courts and belt would look awesome with that and a black jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Mop a top wrote: »
    Dekkers I've a lovely pair of grey kitten heeled Mary Janes you could borrow and a grey jacket. Just accessorise it differently or if you fancied I think the pink courts and belt would look awesome with that and a black jacket

Lol kitten heels??

I don't even like driving in dress shoes. I'll be hastily changing outta trainers as soon as I land in!

• Advertisement

Lol kitten heels, anything between 1-2 inches lol

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭alwayshungry

At least you won't feel out of place. Fenners is sporting his mankini apparently lol

There's a really useful thread that shield started on page 2 "starting GV soon" he outlines what to expect, what to bring, great hints and tips some things I read and thought great idea lol. I'm almost certain he posted a pic of what you should be wearing to induction and your first days until you get uniform. Basically is suits for the boys and ladies you have the option of smart trouser suits or skirt/dress. Personally I have a couple of pencil dresses I'll be sporting when I eventually get a call lol.

Good luck my lovelies, enjoy and stay safe xx

Is there a link? Now I'm panicking - I always look like I got dresses in the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shaved Fish

Is there a link? Now I'm panicking - I always look like I got dresses in the dark

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055236430

Can't post the full URL as I am classed as a new user.

Honestly I read it so long ago. Male or female?

Honestly I read it so long ago. Male or female?

I'm a girl :)

Aww chick why are you worried!? Pencil shirt dress and court heels or knee length skirts with blouse or fine knit jumper or top and cardigan. If you don't like skirts switch them for tailored trousers

Aww chick why are you worried!? Pencil shirt dress and court heels or knee length skirts with blouse or fine knit jumper or top and cardigan. If you don't like skirts switch them for tailored trousers

I have brogues? I only own one pair of heels and I can only be in them for 1 hr before my feet hurt :/ I'm going shopping thursday in town so ill have a wee look.:)

Brogues could work

Had a think about it. Tailored trousers to the ankle, high waisted maybe, blouse? Failing that I wear brogues with tights and skirt/dress but above the knee length. If it was below the knee it wouldn't look right. With brown I'd stick to tans creams tweeds rust petrol maybe? Making this up as I go along lmao!!!!

Shoes, you'll only need them for a week or two so tbh I'd hit primark, new look or the supermarkets and look for the kitten heels. I think although pumps are practical they just don't have that tailored professional look that heels or brogues do. Definitely no sandals or peep toes. I'd try there for some workwear skirts and dresses, pencil style usually flatters all shapes plus I think it looks like you're suited and booted in a good pencil skirt lol. George/Asda usually have a good range of "grown up clothes" which you could get away with using as work wear. Try to layer up as well, you don't want to be roasting and not able to shed a layer or two

All personal opinions but I hope that helps and wear what you feel comfortable in.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

And all men are just thinking il put on the cleanest dirty shirt ...........

• Advertisement

Lol men are too easy to dress. Same suit and a couple if different shirt and tie combos. Any wonder it takes girls ages to get ready lol!!!

Had a think about it. Tailored trousers to the ankle, high waisted maybe, blouse? Failing that I wear brogues with tights and skirt/dress but above the knee length. If it was below the knee it wouldn't look right. With brown I'd stick to tans creams tweeds rust petrol maybe? Making this up as I go along lmao!!!!

Shoes, you'll only need them for a week or two so tbh I'd hit primark, new look or the supermarkets and look for the kitten heels. I think although pumps are practical they just don't have that tailored professional look that heels or brogues do. Definitely no sandals or peep toes. I'd try there for some workwear skirts and dresses, pencil style usually flatters all shapes plus I think it looks like you're suited and booted in a good pencil skirt lol. George/Asda usually have a good range of "grown up clothes" which you could get away with using as work wear. Try to layer up as well, you don't want to be roasting and not able to shed a layer or two

All personal opinions but I hope that helps and wear what you feel comfortable in.

Thank you :) I've had a look through my wardrobe last night -it's not as awful a situation as I previously thought :) it's only for the induction so should be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

I wonder what goes down at induction? Uniform measurements presumably, outline of training etc, anyone know athing else??

C.George wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we can get back onto the online learning? I tried today but it didnt work unless im doing something stupid.

Online learning is back up

Can we start now? with the modules under the sub heading - courses?

...just realised, it says you cant enrol yourself into this course

...just realised, it says you cant enrol yourself into this course

It says monday 6th october

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C.George

Thanks for the heads up have got the email now will have to take a look

Looking forward to meeting everyone...

• Advertisement

Looking forward to meeting everyone...

I was so nervous - was babbling like a maniac!

Advertisement