Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

OFFICIAL INTAKE 6

  • 17-09-2014 9:02am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ LadyVernal


    The following is a list of the board members who are in the next batch of trainees. Let me know if I missed anyone:

    LadyVernal (me)
    Dekkers
    gigity gigity
    C.George
    JMcClane
    col212
    alwayshungry
    Shaved Fish


«1345

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ col212


    LadyVernal wrote: »
    The following is a list of the board members who are in the next batch of trainees. Let me know if I missed anyone:

    LadyVernal (me)
    Dekkers
    gigity gigity
    C.George
    JMcClan

    I'm in too


  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ LadyVernal


    col212 wrote: »
    I'm in too

    of course. sorry


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ alwayshungry


    this is a great idea!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shaved Fish


    Got the call. :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ alwayshungry


    Got the call. :D

    How many do you think are in each intake?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ LadyVernal


    How many do you think are in each intake?

    There is some sort of link somewhere that tells us how many are in each intake. I think it is around the 30-40 mark


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ JMcClane


    So what's the age range for this squad so far?

    I'll kick it off at 32.


  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ LadyVernal


    JMcClane wrote: »
    So what's the age range for this squad so far?

    I'll kick it off at 32.

    Take it everyone on the list so far is male?
    I am 23


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ alwayshungry


    I'm 23 female


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ alwayshungry


    I'm 23 female


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 C.George


    34 & male


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ JMcClane


    Great I'm not the oldest (sorry c.george) lol.


  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ col212


    34 male


  • Registered Users Posts: 25 C.George


    JMcClane wrote: »
    Great I'm not the oldest (sorry c.george) lol.

    Haha I'm sure there will be someone older than me..... Maybe


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6


    Envy you guys so much, waiting to do my 2nd but technically first AC :-\


  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1


    What AC scores are the people who got the call on? I am wondering how far down the list they are now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭ DesertCreat_15


    One or two had 68, but vast majority were 67... i think..


  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭ Dekkers


    Info pack arrived today :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ LadyVernal


    Dekkers wrote: »
    Info pack arrived today :)

    same...it is all so real now


  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭ Dekkers


    Envy you guys so much, waiting to do my 2nd but technically first AC :-\

    I thought I could resist but I can't lol

    What do you mean?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ alwayshungry


    LadyVernal wrote: »
    same...it is all so real now

    Mine hasn't :( she said she was posting it though - just got to be patient I guess


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6


    Dekkers wrote: »
    I thought I could resist but I can't lol

    What do you mean?

    Haha lol.. got the better of ya Dekkers ;-)

    Basically I passed my IST in the last campaign but had to leave the AC just after registration, extreme family emergency, only left when I was 110% sure I had to, was gutted and deloitte would not let me reschedule.

    So passed the IST this time round again and got my AC date, waiting patiently for the day to come :-\


  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Duafc


    Hi guys, massive congratulations to all who have heard!

    Have followed this site through the process but only signing up now in worry!

    Basically, I was the August recruitment, passed everything and scored 74 at AC. I failed my medical in March on eyes and got laser eye surgery immediately on the advice of the Doc, they then had to wait 6 weeks to pass me medically fit which happened a short while ago, got the letter saying PSNI recruitment would be in touch.

    Haven't heard a thing from Vetting but sent forms a while back.

    Desperately waiting on a call but have a feeling i've been somewhat lost due to the medical fail and laser eye surgery.

    Does anyone have any advice or numbers to ring to potentially see my status? Would greatly appreciate any PMs.

    Again, Massive Congrats and well done!


  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ LadyVernal


    Duafc wrote: »
    Hi guys, massive congratulations to all who have heard!

    Have followed this site through the process but only signing up now in worry!

    Basically, I was the August recruitment, passed everything and scored 74 at AC. I failed my medical in March on eyes and got laser eye surgery immediately on the advice of the Doc, they then had to wait 6 weeks to pass me medically fit which happened a short while ago, got the letter saying PSNI recruitment would be in touch.

    Haven't heard a thing from Vetting but sent forms a while back.

    Desperately waiting on a call but have a feeling i've been somewhat lost due to the medical fail and laser eye surgery.

    Does anyone have any advice or numbers to ring to potentially see my status? Would greatly appreciate any PMs.

    Again, Massive Congrats and well done!


    Hi,
    Thank you. To check the status of my vetting I emailed (with my UID number) the email address that is at the bottom of your AC results email and asked if they could possibly tell me the status of my vetting.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Duafc


    LadyVernal wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thank you. To check the status of my vetting I emailed (with my UID number) the email address that is at the bottom of your AC results email and asked if they could possibly tell me the status of my vetting.

    Thanks! I did the same just there... the last time I emailed them I had no response. Got the automated email that they've logged my query anyway.

    I have this terrible feeling due to failing and then passing the medical after LE surgery my application has found it's way to the bottom of a dusty pile somewhere :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1


    Duafc wrote: »
    Thanks! I did the same just there... the last time I emailed them I had no response. Got the automated email that they've logged my query anyway.

    I have this terrible feeling due to failing and then passing the medical after LE surgery my application has found it's way to the bottom of a dusty pile somewhere :(

    Double check that you not have sent the email to the wrong address. It is not the "joinpsni" address to check your vetting. That one is a Deloitte email address and they will eventually tell you that your details have been passed to the PSNI and to contact them. The email details for the PSNI are at the bottom of the AC email. Generally if you email them they will come back to you and tell you, for example, that the Vetting process is not yet completed pretty quickly. I know this because when I was emailing about my own vetting I sent it to Deloitte first and I only noticed my mistake after a few days. The PSNI came back within the day to confirm my vetting was still outstanding.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Duafc


    ptsb1 wrote: »
    Double check that you not have sent the email to the wrong address. It is not the "joinpsni" address to check your vetting. That one is a Deloitte email address and they will eventually tell you that your details have been passed to the PSNI and to contact them. The email details for the PSNI are at the bottom of the AC email. Generally if you email them they will come back to you and tell you, for example, that the Vetting process is not yet completed pretty quickly. I know this because when I was emailing about my own vetting I sent it to Deloitte first and I only noticed my mistake after a few days. The PSNI came back within the day to confirm my vetting was still outstanding.

    Cheers Bud, I ended up ringing HR about it anyway and they informed me my PCA has lapsed due to the time out to get surgery to pass medical.

    I now have to wait to be booked in to re take the PCA... not looking great for me. Shall just have to wait and hope.


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ alwayshungry


    anyone else looking forwrd to handing their notice in and rocking up to GV?


  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ LadyVernal


    anyone else looking forwrd to handing their notice in and rocking up to GV?

    Already handed it in haha.... cant wait for GV


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ alwayshungry


    its so awkward...ive just signed off as a manager and had to say...so here is my 6 weeks notice!

    got this big eyed look and the words 'this is really sh*t timing'


Advertisement