Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just finished episode 5. Amazing. Really strong finale.
    I stayed with Kenny. Surprised I was in such a tiny minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is 400 days dlc not available on vita?

It is yeah, it should be in with season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Just finished episode 5. Amazing. Really strong finale.
    I stayed with Kenny. Surprised I was in such a tiny minority.

You weren't in a tiny minority. Only a slight minority. The percentages for that decision are all going to be small because there are 5 different options. Even the most popular one is less than 25%.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    It is yeah, it should be in with season 1

Damn, is it totally unrelated to season 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn, is it totally unrelated to season 1?

Not totally unrelated. Some crossovers or references to things that happened in Season 1 occur. But for the most part, they're new separate short stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭brady12

Why the **** isn't this showing up on ps3 psn for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Go to games > dlc and you'll see it

Some more thoughts;
    I really, REALLY hope S3 will give me a chance to dismember Arvo. The little ****.

Poor Luke. It was so sudden. :( Anyone else Clem has been close to, she's had a chance to say goodbye to them(apart from her parents, obviously).

I took Kenny's side. Yes, he was losing the plot, but his intentions were always good. He just wanted to protect AJ and Clem. He's been hurt and lost more then anyone.

How STUPID was it of Jane to deliberately push his buttons and risk the life of a newborn baby just to prove a point??? The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some more thoughts;
    I took Kenny's side. Yes, he was losing the plot, but his intentions were always good. He just wanted to protect AJ and Clem. He's been hurt and lost more then anyone.

How STUPID was it of Jane to deliberately push his buttons and risk the life of a newborn baby just to prove a point??? The mind boggles.
    The fact that people had to walk on eggshells around Kenny to avoid invoking his tantrums and rages is a clear sign that his intentions were not good. All the characters were hurt and lost people: Clem lost her entire family. Jane lost hers. Luke lost his. Rebecca lost hers. Mike lost his. Bonnie lost hers. Carver lost his. Avro lost his. Yet Kenny gets a licence to be a dickhead?

As for Kenny wanting the best for Clem...that's not true. His behaviour indicates a disregard for Clem.

In the confrontation with Jane, Clem tries to stop Kenny attacking Jane early on, pleading him to wait: Kenny roughly shoves Clem out of his way and ignores all Clem's pleading to stop trying to kill Jane in front of her.

When beating Avro almost to death in front of Clem, when Clem tries to intervene, Kenny snarls "What? Lost your taste for this sort of thing?"

After Clem cuts off Sarita's hand to try to save her, Kenny goes ape****, a grown man blaming an 11 year old girl for making an impossible decision to which there was no right answer. He can go so far as to call her a "stupid ****ing kid" . Kenny then abandons Clem in the midst of a walker horde. It is Jane who helps Clem escape.

When Clem meets Kenny again at the camp, he lays a guilt trip on her, telling her that just because she is a little girl, it doesn't mean people wont care when she gets someone killed. Even if Sarita survives the horde, Kenny is still angry and blames her. An 11 year old girl.

He needs to be persuaded to help Rebecca deliver her baby. For a guy who only wanted the best for AJ...

I dont remember Lee dumping on Clem like that in season 1. I dont remember Kenny dumping on Duck like that in season 1. I do remember Kenny refusing to help search for Clem in Season 1, despite always having her best interests at heart. The guy is a cowardly, selfish thug. I'm surprised he's held up as a standup guy when Avro is condemned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sand wrote: »
    The fact that people had to walk on eggshells around Kenny to avoid invoking his tantrums and rages is a clear sign that his intentions were not good. All the characters were hurt and lost people: Clem lost her entire family. Jane lost hers. Luke lost his. Rebecca lost hers. Mike lost his. Bonnie lost hers. Carver lost his. Avro lost his. Yet Kenny gets a licence to be a dickhead?

As for Kenny wanting the best for Clem...that's not true. His behaviour indicates a disregard for Clem.

In the confrontation with Jane, Clem tries to stop Kenny attacking Jane early on, pleading him to wait: Kenny roughly shoves Clem out of his way and ignores all Clem's pleading to stop trying to kill Jane in front of her.

When beating Avro almost to death in front of Clem, when Clem tries to intervene, Kenny snarls "What? Lost your taste for this sort of thing?"

After Clem cuts off Sarita's hand to try to save her, Kenny goes ape****, a grown man blaming an 11 year old girl for making an impossible decision to which there was no right answer. He can go so far as to call her a "stupid ****ing kid" . Kenny then abandons Clem in the midst of a walker horde. It is Jane who helps Clem escape.

When Clem meets Kenny again at the camp, he lays a guilt trip on her, telling her that just because she is a little girl, it doesn't mean people wont care when she gets someone killed. Even if Sarita survives the horde, Kenny is still angry and blames her. An 11 year old girl.

He needs to be persuaded to help Rebecca deliver her baby. For a guy who only wanted the best for AJ...

I dont remember Lee dumping on Clem like that in season 1. I dont remember Kenny dumping on Duck like that in season 1. I do remember Kenny refusing to help search for Clem in Season 1, despite always having her best interests at heart. The guy is a cowardly, selfish thug. I'm surprised he's held up as a standup guy when Avro is condemned.

Other endings
    I shot Kenny but looked at the other endings, what about at the gates of Wellington? He tells Clem and AJ to go in while he's left on his own. That's not selfish.

• Advertisement

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

I found it quite sad to see his fall. As Jane said, Carver may once have been a good man. From the seeming nice and friendly family man in Episode 1 Season 1, to the raving, feral lunatic in the last episode. Putting him down felt like putting down a wild dog. And if you spare him, he redeems himself at the gates of Wellington. He PLEADS with Clem to abandon him, because he knows they aren't safe around him. Just as he redeems himself at the end of Episode 1 and saves Ben/Christa without hesistation.

I suppose he's around for both games for so long, he has longer to develop and we see more horrors from him then anyone else.

All the others you mentioned all committed deplorable acts:

Jane: Abandons her sister, abandons Clem and her group(yes she comes back but still) and endangers an infant and lies to a young girl and a clearly unhinged, dangerous man simply to prove a point.

Rebecca: She was happy to shoot Clem and leave her to rot at one point.

Mike: Happy to rob and almost certainly condemn a young girl and a newborn baby.

Bonnie: Played the wounded gazelle and got around half the Cabin survivors killed. Blasted Clem for Luke's death, and willing to rob and desert a child and an infant.

Arvo: Sets up and robs Clem's group and actually shoots her. Even if you defend and be nice to him. Oh, and he indirectly causes Luke's death.

Moral of the story: Everyone is a dick :pac:

Jane saves the group from the shooter at the start of ep 5. Jane saves Clem's life from drowning in the lake while Kenny is more interested in proving how manly he is by pummelling Arvo. Blaming a little girl for the death of Sarita is typical Kenny.

Hiding the baby was a risky thing to do and breaks the trust with Clem.....but Kenny and Clem had known each other for so long that something drastic like that was necessary for Clem to realise how unstable and dangerous Kenny was.

The bottom line is, Kenny is dangerous. You just couldn't trust him. Clem is a lot safer with Jane.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's worth noting that Kenny and Arvo lost someone very close to right there and then, the rest have had time to 'digest' their losses. Kenny definitely took his anger/sorrow out on Arvo/Jane but Jane, the clear-headed survivalist, put the baby at risk and made Kenny snap to prove that Kenny will snap. Jane got her way (she pounded you with "Kenny's not safe" this episode - he's dead or a killer in the end) despite whatever you say or do. She told you to leave Sarah, and leave Luke to die. I've no doubt she cares for Clem but I've also no doubt she'd leave Clem/the baby to die without hesitation.

Also, what great characters to discuss and dissect.

Just as a question, when do spoiler tags end? A month after release or...?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's worth noting that Kenny and Arvo lost someone very close to right there and then, the rest have had time to 'digest' their losses.
    Clementine had to handcuff Lee to a radiator and watch him die right in front of her. And she dealt with it. No time to mope. She went and found Crista and Omid and survived. A child. Kenny has no excuse.

I've also no doubt she'd leave Clem/the baby to die without hesitation.
    So why would she come back at the start of episode 5? And risk falling in the ice to save Clem? And bother fighting Kenny? If she didn't care she could have just left Clem and Kenny there instead of risking her life..

She told you to leave Sarah.
    We all wanted to leave Sarah. Sarah was a liability, we all knew it. It's the main reason I liked Jane. She wasn't moral to a fault. Try to do the right thing but you don't let yourself get killed trying to save somebody like that.

Spoilers and quotes are hard man!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's worth noting that Kenny and Arvo lost someone very close to right there and then, the rest have had time to 'digest' their losses. Kenny definitely took his anger/sorrow out on Arvo/Jane but Jane, the clear-headed survivalist, put the baby at risk and made Kenny snap to prove that Kenny will snap. Jane got her way (she pounded you with "Kenny's not safe" this episode - he's dead or a killer in the end) despite whatever you say or do. She told you to leave Sarah, and leave Luke to die. I've no doubt she cares for Clem but I've also no doubt she'd leave Clem/the baby to die without hesitation.

Also, what great characters to discuss and dissect.

What if a mod adds "spoilers" to the thread title? Then people could post without spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]What if a mod adds "spoilers" to the thread title? Then people could post without spoiler tags.

Dunno, this is being released on Next Gen in the next month or so and would be a no go for people playing it on that. Also, some people here would have waited for the 5th epiosde before playing them all so they wouldn't have anywhere to compare their individual episode ending choices. Just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

My choices for the very last Chapter seemed to be in complete contrast to other players if the stats at the end were anything to go by. But I feel the story does try to influence your decisions near the end, lucky you can still choose and it makes a difference unlike ME3.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I'd say now. There's absolutely no one reading this thread that hasn't beaten the game.. after all there's been pages of nothing but spoiler text.. there's nothing non-spoilery worth reading.

My choices for the very last Chapter seemed to be in complete contrast to other players if the stats at the end were anything to go by. But I feel the story does try to influence your decisions near the end, lucky you can still choose and it makes a difference unlike ME3.

Yeah. The Bioware/EA version of ep5 would be a different colour
    knife for Kenny to stab Jane.

And AJ is the star child! It all makes sense now! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well personally I went with
    shooting kenny and leaving the Jane

I was quite happy with my choice...and the ending...until I seen the other endings.
    They are COMPLETELY different.
    Proably the biggest difference of any choice made within either walking dead.

If you only watched your own ending, then I definitely suggest looking at the other choices... personally the last one of this vid
    save kenny, go with kenny
    is my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

As a matter of interest, who else
    went with Jane and didn't let the family in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

As a matter of interest, who else
    went with Jane and didn't let the family in?

I did

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

On the whole Jane/Kenny thing:
    I think Jane was reliable and genuinely cared for Clem. Sure, she has a prickly exterior but her experience with others has been poor.

At Howes she helps the group by explaining how to use walker guts to evade the herd. She handles Troy when he catches the group off guard and escaping. She helps Clem in the herd when Sarah starts freaking out. After Kenny abandons Clem to die in the herd, Jane helps Rebecca and Clem to escape. Like Lee before her, Jane teaches Clem how to take down walkers and gives her tips on looting. She helps Clem to rescue Luke and Sarah (though she wisely - if coldly - recommends leaving Sarah when it becomes clear Sarah was basically broken). When Rebecca's baby is coming, Jane goes searching for a safe location for the birth. When Avro pulls a gun on Clem, Jane disarms him. When the decking collapses, and if Sarah is trapped Jane *will* attempt to rescue Sarah despite her own misgivings if Clem asks her to. For all her presumed coldness, she leaves the group after Sarah's death - her death, and her lack of survival instinct, upset her because it reminded her too much of her sister.

She returns in the last episode to kill the last Russian, who was threatening to shoot Kenny (if she was as cold as is portrayed she would have let him kill Kenny *before* intervening). Jane makes it clear that she came back for Clem. Kenny by this point is acting highly erratically and Jane tries to warn Clem. When crossing the frozen river, Jane is the one who recommends spreading out and is the one who saves Clem from the water. Again, despite the tough exterior she reveals to Clem that she is feeling the loss of Luke. Jane has the smart and best plan to return to Howes where they know there is food for the baby.

Even in the final battle, Jane never says she killed or abandoned the baby. If she cared so little for the child why not just abandon it at the car crash? She just allows Kenny to jump to the wrong conclusion before she is given a chance to explain. The baby is never in any danger, and she makes it clear to Clem after Kenny rushes outside that Clem needs to trust her. Given the above, Clem has every reason to trust Jane's judgement. Jane tries to de-escalate the situation by putting her knife away, but Kenny just takes this an opportunity to jump her. I think even Jane underestimated just how crazy Kenny was if she thought she and Clem would just be able to walk away from Kenny with the baby.

I think Kenny and Jane are two diametrically opposed characters: Kenny is erratic, violent, unpredictable. He is quick to anger or panic, and quick to switch into "Good Ol' Boy Kenny". On the surface he seems friendly enough until he is stressed or challenged, in which case his panic and anger take over. He is dangerous. He is not someone Clem can depend on - in my Season One playthrough, he will refuse to help search for Clem when she goes missing in Savannah if Lee doesnt help Kenny murder Lilly's father. The point Jane was demonstrating to Clem was that if Clem was ever to lose the baby (very possible given bodycount in the campaign) then Kenny would flip out and would murder her without giving her a chance to explain.

Jane on the other hand seems almost the exact opposite. She is very dependable - she never lets Clem down. She is much cooler, much more distant. She lets Clem, and to some extent Luke, in but for everyone else she puts up a tough exterior - similar to combat veterans in WW2 who were distant and unfriendly towards replacements in their units: they were aware the new guys could be dead in a few days, and protected themselves by not getting to know them. Jane is protecting herself from the obvious trauma she suffered by her sisters death/suicide - look at Kennys fragile state of mind to see that it maybe makes more sense. All that said, Jane clearly cares for Clem and invests time in teaching her how to survive. She returns to the group to help Clem. She actually *listens* to Clem and can be influenced by her - Kenny does not listen to Clem, and cannot be influenced by her. Jane will try to save Sarah if Clem asks her to despite believing it to be pointless. She will go along with letting the family in at Howes, if Clem asks her to.

The only issue I had with the story is that it presumes Clem is automatically on Kenny's side and needs to be persuaded by drastic means to leave Kenny behind. It doesnt take account that Clem might say to Jane "Hell yeah, Kenny is crazy. Lets bail" But I guess that the difference between the player and the character of Clem.

I
    shot Kenny, went with Jane and let the family in. I actually couldn't wait to off Kenny, I had a bit of a soft spot for him in season 1 but he was just a psycho in season 2, he was going to get everyone killed at some point. Everyone in any group of people in the game lost people close to them, or multiple people, Clem lost her family and Lee, dont see her flying off the handle at everyone just because she didnt get her own way.
    I sided with Jane because she puts survival above emotions, but does help people when it matters.

Be interesting to see how season 3 goes as there are very different choices given to you in this, must watch the other endings

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

On the whole Jane/Kenny thing:
    I think Jane was reliable and genuinely cared for Clem. Sure, she has a prickly exterior but her experience with others has been poor.

At Howes she helps the group by explaining how to use walker guts to evade the herd. She handles Troy when he catches the group off guard and escaping. She helps Clem in the herd when Sarah starts freaking out. After Kenny abandons Clem to die in the herd, Jane helps Rebecca and Clem to escape. Like Lee before her, Jane teaches Clem how to take down walkers and gives her tips on looting. She helps Clem to rescue Luke and Sarah (though she wisely - if coldly - recommends leaving Sarah when it becomes clear Sarah was basically broken). When Rebecca's baby is coming, Jane goes searching for a safe location for the birth. When Avro pulls a gun on Clem, Jane disarms him. When the decking collapses, and if Sarah is trapped Jane *will* attempt to rescue Sarah despite her own misgivings if Clem asks her to. For all her presumed coldness, she leaves the group after Sarah's death - her death, and her lack of survival instinct, upset her because it reminded her too much of her sister.

She returns in the last episode to kill the last Russian, who was threatening to shoot Kenny (if she was as cold as is portrayed she would have let him kill Kenny *before* intervening). Jane makes it clear that she came back for Clem. Kenny by this point is acting highly erratically and Jane tries to warn Clem. When crossing the frozen river, Jane is the one who recommends spreading out and is the one who saves Clem from the water. Again, despite the tough exterior she reveals to Clem that she is feeling the loss of Luke. Jane has the smart and best plan to return to Howes where they know there is food for the baby.

Even in the final battle, Jane never says she killed or abandoned the baby. If she cared so little for the child why not just abandon it at the car crash? She just allows Kenny to jump to the wrong conclusion before she is given a chance to explain. The baby is never in any danger, and she makes it clear to Clem after Kenny rushes outside that Clem needs to trust her. Given the above, Clem has every reason to trust Jane's judgement. Jane tries to de-escalate the situation by putting her knife away, but Kenny just takes this an opportunity to jump her. I think even Jane underestimated just how crazy Kenny was if she thought she and Clem would just be able to walk away from Kenny with the baby.

I think Kenny and Jane are two diametrically opposed characters: Kenny is erratic, violent, unpredictable. He is quick to anger or panic, and quick to switch into "Good Ol' Boy Kenny". On the surface he seems friendly enough until he is stressed or challenged, in which case his panic and anger take over. He is dangerous. He is not someone Clem can depend on - in my Season One playthrough, he will refuse to help search for Clem when she goes missing in Savannah if Lee doesnt help Kenny murder Lilly's father. The point Jane was demonstrating to Clem was that if Clem was ever to lose the baby (very possible given bodycount in the campaign) then Kenny would flip out and would murder her without giving her a chance to explain.

Jane on the other hand seems almost the exact opposite. She is very dependable - she never lets Clem down. She is much cooler, much more distant. She lets Clem, and to some extent Luke, in but for everyone else she puts up a tough exterior - similar to combat veterans in WW2 who were distant and unfriendly towards replacements in their units: they were aware the new guys could be dead in a few days, and protected themselves by not getting to know them. Jane is protecting herself from the obvious trauma she suffered by her sisters death/suicide - look at Kennys fragile state of mind to see that it maybe makes more sense. All that said, Jane clearly cares for Clem and invests time in teaching her how to survive. She returns to the group to help Clem. She actually *listens* to Clem and can be influenced by her - Kenny does not listen to Clem, and cannot be influenced by her. Jane will try to save Sarah if Clem asks her to despite believing it to be pointless. She will go along with letting the family in at Howes, if Clem asks her to.

The only issue I had with the story is that it presumes Clem is automatically on Kenny's side and needs to be persuaded by drastic means to leave Kenny behind. It doesnt take account that Clem might say to Jane "Hell yeah, Kenny is crazy. Lets bail" But I guess that the difference between the player and the character of Clem.

On reading your post, and as a player who ended up staying with Jane, i totally agree with everything you said. Kenny is ultimately a very dangerous person and clem is not safe with him. Even if kenny means well at times and literally would do anything to protect her, his unpredictability and temper makes him a continuous danger for clem, either directly or indirectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I
    Be interesting to see how season 3 goes as there are very different choices given to you in this, must watch the other endings
    Can tell you, seeing how there's an option for Clem to be alone with the baby, and the fact you can kill either Kenny or Jane off... I can tell you 100% that in Season 3, all these points merge into Clem being alone again regardless of where you had Jane or Kenny with you... they'd be killed off in Season 3 early in episode 1 for that merger.

Season 2's ending is just a pseudo choice, don't matter what you picked... you still end up being wherever TellTale is leading the story to - probably to find a reappearance of Christa.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I can tell you 100% that in Season 3, all these points merge into Clem being alone again regardless of where you had Jane or Kenny with you.

I disagree. Simply because
    You can't tell us 100% that we're even going to be playing Clem in Season 3

Yeah, clems story has come to an end I think, time for a new character and situation.
    Not Clem and a baby...finding new groups and getting into new adventures again.

Also....Jane wasn't that dependable and she did let Clem down...
    First by getting off with Luke when they are meant to be keeping watch...invetably causing the death of someone...I felt.
    The she ran away after that.
    So that's twice...she let you down...in 1 day.

I'm not saying Kenny is the right choice, but Jane is a wildcard also.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, clems story has come to an end I think, time for a new character and situation.
    Not Clem and a baby...finding new groups and getting into new adventures again.

Also....Jane wasn't that dependable and she did let Clem down...
    First by getting off with Luke when they are meant to be keeping watch...invetably causing the death of someone...I felt.
    The she ran away after that.
    So that's twice...she let you down...in 1 day.

I'm not saying Kenny is the right choice, but Jane is a wildcard also.

I don't mind the story sticking with Clem as she has definitely developed as a character and she's likeable, but
    I can see the baby either being given to another family or being taken, I seriously doubt they'd kill off a newborn although they have killed off kids already.
    There's scope to bring in a new playable character and have their paths intersect with Clem as well, that'd make for an interesting mechanic too, if you're playing as both characters and you have to make crappy choices regarding either one depending on who you're controlling at the time.

• Advertisement

I don't mind the story sticking with Clem as she has definitely developed as a character and she's likeable, but
    I can see the baby either being given to another family or being taken, I seriously doubt they'd kill off a newborn although they have killed off kids already.
    There's scope to bring in a new playable character and have their paths intersect with Clem as well, that'd make for an interesting mechanic too, if you're playing as both characters and you have to make crappy choices regarding either one depending on who you're controlling at the time.

But the difference in the paths you can choose from at the end...not sure how they'd restart the story with just Clem if they wanted to. It would probably have to be "6 months later" and some flashbacks .
    Because
    given the choices, you can be along with the baby in the middle of walkers, with no Kenny, no Jane (or with either)......or you can be safe in a sanctuary. I can't see her just leaving the safety of that place to go back out into the wild....and from what you gather...they seem like really nice people...she gives you 2 big bags of supplies and asks you to try again in a few months

Advertisement