Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Surreal:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Layinghen wrote: »
    Surreal:cool:

Sir Reel, the glamorous knight in silver armour rode along on his beautiful milk white filly.

Feeling cock sure of himself in all situations he immediately spotted the lurking Layinghen and pushed his horse into a charge.

Sadly for our gallantless, talentless knight, he had picked on the wrong target.

Layinghen soon had him eating out of her hand. (Mostly tatties) And when he had finally finished he was far too large to ride his horse. Infact, he was popping out of his armour in some very odd places.

The rest of the O&O regulars applauded Layinghen mightily and awaited her encore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

But, loike, sooooo surreal, toad-lily! There, I've invented another word for the OED.

Sorry you had to get treated again Brens. Its certainly got your little grey cells working overtime though - keep yer pecker up! (Am I allowed to say that in public on the hinterweb?) You're right, I keep hearing 'surreal' more often these days. People seem to be in a constant state of amazement and awesomeness, these days! In fact, its surreal!

Rubecula wrote: »
    Sir Reel, the glamorous knight in silver armour rode along on his beautiful milk white filly.

Feeling cock sure of himself in all situations he immediately spotted the lurking Layinghen and pushed his horse into a charge.

Sadly for our gallantless, talentless knight, he had picked on the wrong target.

Layinghen soon had him eating out of her hand. (Mostly tatties) And when he had finally finished he was far too large to ride his horse. Infact, he was popping out of his armour in some very odd places.

The rest of the O&O regulars applauded Layinghen mightily and awaited her encore.

How did you know how myself and the Rooster met??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    But, loike, sooooo surreal, toad-lily! There, I've invented another word for the OED.

People seem to be in a constant state of amazement and awesomeness, these days! In fact, its surreal!

Quite right, JB1! I neglected to remind myself to remember not to forget "amazing". But like, at the end of the day, going forward like, we are like where we are.

Anyway, while studying for my Masters in daytime TV and searching in vain for Albert Tatlock, (I did find Sawwfah and Jawziff. Surreal or what!) I recently discovered another amazing dialect on Carnation Street. Not sure if it comes from drama school or just good, old-fashioned camera-hogging but it goes something like this:

X: (Hands on hips, neck fully extended) Are you sayin'............................that I'm.........
    Y: (Hands slightly outstretched) Now when.................................did I..............
    X: You said...................................
    Y: No...........................................I diddint mean...........
    X: Don't........................................even try to.......

Can I please...............have a job as a script writer on soap operas? I can write really amayyyyyyzing.................gaps.

PS: Simplex question: You know all of those endless TV shows about buying houses? Well, try to imagine them without just three words, i.e. "potential", "pwopawtah and "character". Now, there's gaps!

PPS: Complex question: Our foster woof (a bird dog / water dog spanial) ignores pigeons, crows, magpies, seagulls and all of the twittery little birds but this morning, while on sentry duty at the patio doors, he spotted a pheasant in the field at the end of BrensBenz Manor, and every, and I mean every muscle in his body quivvered, including his upper lip / jowls. He isn't allowed to bark indoors but, as muffled barks (hhrrrummfffs) were released onto the glass, it fogged up, forcing him to have to climb onto a footstool to maintain visual contact with the pheasant.

So, over the millenia, the spanial has evolved into a hunter of gamebirds only but, in that time, why hasn't the pheasant learned the art of camouflage?

• Advertisement

Daytime TV! Don't.........just don't.......get me started. Sat down for my elevenses this morning (ok it was really 8.30'zis eating my bowl of porridge) and flicked the remote (not remote, just beside me on the chair), and this programme came on, Kitchen Cousins on Food Network. Two good lookin' fellas, who happen to be cousins, all bright eyed and muscles, y'know the type girls, white teeth, tight jeans and tee-shirts, who were designin' and fittin' kitchens for poor distraught home owners who just couldn't cope for a minute longer with their old-fashioned, outdated, locked-in-a-time-warp kitchens which 'just didn't work'. I couldn’t see much wrong with the old kitchens myself. Anyhoo, they tear out the old, and install the new, import Italian work tops and wotnot, they move the American refrigerator (what they just call 'refrigerator'), re-do the floor, pull out wires, put in new lampshades, install the deep-fat fryer (yes, you heard me, install a deep fat fryer), add a feature wall (oh I gotta get me wunna those!) plus uber cute roundy Italian tiles (called penny tiles), and suddenly everything is modern and beautiful and it all 'works'. They wheel in the owners who oooh and aaaaah for ages, saying things like 'I can't wait to cook in my kitchen now'. Dare they say anything else? Gimme strength. Forgot to say, no mention of price either. Then the guys arrived at mother’s house and inform her she is gittin’ a new kitchen. ‘Whaaaat?’ sez Maw, ‘a new kitchen?’ ‘Well. I have never been so surprised in all of my life!’ Really, Maw? You really didn’t know these guys were going to do your kitchen? Aw you’re just joshin’ with me, Maw.

Then I found “Flowers Uncut with Jeff Leatham” on RTE1. Jeff and his pardner arrive at Jeff’s home in Utah, it’s Dad’s 70th birthday and a ‘do’ is planned, and Jeff is designing the flower arrangements. ‘Any idea what you would like, dad?’ Jeff asks. ‘Sunflowers’ replies dad. ‘Ohmigawd, Sunflowers!’ sez Jeff. ‘I’m more known for working with more exotic flowers (that means hard to get and very expensive), I never work with Sunflowers! ‘I’ll see what I can do’. Oh, I forgot to tell you, surprise, surprise, there is also a high school class reunion going on at Jeff’s school…….guess who is providing the flower arrangements……yep, our Jeff who has only been given a measly $250 for the whole thing………Ohmigawd, what are we going to do……….we are used to working with centrepieces which cost $250 EACH!!!! We’ll have to be really creative!

Porridge eated, tea drinked, I switched off and left the house in tears, mumbling to myself “I actually buy a TV licence every year!”:(

Bit of news for yiz all. Maybe you are not that bothered but it is pretty important for me. I am having another op on 18th (if not postponed) So I may not be able to log in for a few weeks. I will try to take my laptop with me to Hospital. But my family will be staying at my place for me while I am in so if I log in and it is not me, be kind as tis my sister :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

\Combs hair
    Sister eh?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Unmarried OG LOL But she is dating Satan and he is scared witless of her LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Unmarried OG LOL But she is dating Satan and he is scared witless of her LOL

I'm tellin' on youuuuuuu :p

We'll keep your bed here warm for you Rubes. When I say 'we', I obviously mean whoever falls into it :)

• Advertisement

Oh ya, I probably won't be around as much for a while either. I'm doin' an oul bit of studying :) Keepin' the grey matter active.
    I'll probably be gone mad by Christmas though.

For anyone thats remotely interested, I'm doing....drum roll please.....

Irish Lives in War and Revolution: Exploring Ireland's History 1912-1923

World War 1: Paris 1919 - A New World Order?

And for fun, I'm proper learning Greek and brushing up on my Irish.

:)

Chucken wrote: »
    Oh ya, I probably won't be around as much for a while either. I'm doin' an oul bit of studying :) Keepin' the grey matter active.
    I'll probably be gone mad by Christmas though.

For anyone thats remotely interested, I'm doing....drum roll please.....

And for fun, I'm proper learning Greek and brushing up on my Irish.
    :)

Me too Chuckie, see you in class! :)

Really?? :D OMG OMG OMG.The course through Trinity?

I'm going to be a week late starting but I'll have loads of free time from next week on.

Really?? :D OMG OMG OMG.The course through Trinity?

I'm going to be a week late starting but I'll have loads of free time from next week on.

I'm already way behind but will try a couple of hours in the morning to catch up. I'm bringing an apple for the teacher! :)

Bit of news for yiz all. Maybe you are not that bothered but it is pretty important for me. I am having another op on 18th (if not postponed) So I may not be able to log in for a few weeks. I will try to take my laptop with me to Hospital. But my family will be staying at my place for me while I am in so if I log in and it is not me, be kind as tis my sister :)

All the best Rube, I tried and failed to insert a couple of images here, so I'll post you some grapes instead.........one at a time! :p

Oh I'm delighted there will be someone familiar there :D

I'm bringing beer for the teacher :pac:

This'll be fun!!

Chuckie, I think we are doing different courses. Are you attending in person? My course is "Irish Lives in War and Revolution: Exploring Ireland's History 1912-1923" and its online.

Chuckie, I think we are doing different courses. Are you attending in person? My course is "Irish Lives in War and Revolution: Exploring Ireland's History 1912-1923" and its online.

Same one :)

I was only messing about the beer :D

You're sitting in the back row, aren't you? I could smell your soupy lunch! :D

Rubes positive thoughts going your way. Hope everything works out for you.

Behave yourself with the nurses:D

Well done to our two scholars as well. Fair dues to you both.

• Advertisement

You can join too. 'Tis free, and online, just Google Futurelearn. Why don't ye all come too?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

now that's an offer

Learn history with people who lived through it

all the best to Rubes, make sure they wheel the trolley into theatre the right way round ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Rubes I am putting on my nurse attire and warming up my stetescope...

Whoo Hooo Rammy. Is the outfit the shorty one?

Or (hopefully not) the big quarantine one with heavy duty rubber gloves, and large syringe collection?

Oh, get a grip you lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Low at the front and high at the back Rubes!!! I am qualified to mop fevered brows and rub Vicks on manly chests. And I guess since Chucken will be busy studying I will have to make the soup and sing you lullabys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

I am having another op on 18th (if not postponed)

Best wishes, Rebecula. Since I am now an expert on surgery, (many of my body parts have been buried overseas - I only came home so that most of me can be buried in Ireland), if you detect any hesitation among the surgical staff, feel free to pass my contact details to them. Via Skype, I could guide them through it. Talked a dentist through a root canal last week. Patient is doing well but not smiling much and unable to pronounce the letter "L"; dentist and assistant are expected to recover soon from multiple pliers wounds and jelly legs due to poor aim with anaesthetic.
    I'm doin' an oul bit of studying.

And for fun, I'm proper learning Greek and brushing up on my Irish.:)

Only two things better than great looking wimmin - 1: great looking, clever wimmin.
    Oh, get a grip you lot!
    2: Great looking, clever wimmin in nurses uniforms.
    Got chemoed again yesterday. On arrival, I noticed an oncology nurse in Reception, in civvies. Thought "hmmm, familiar face" but she didn't notice me. Later, same nurse, now in uniform, plumbed me in. Phhhwoooaaaarrrrr!

Ramette wrote: »
    Low at the front and high at the back Rubes!!! I am qualified to mop fevered brows and rub Vicks on manly chests. And I guess since Chucken will be busy studying I will have to make the soup and sing you lullabys.

And sing 'Soft Kitty'

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Does Mr. Jellybaby have a preference for, say, electrical or wooden wood gittores - I have an encyclopedic knowledge, in a very large black book, of gittorists who are better than me and would gladly relay links to them.

Forgot to reply to this Brens........himself is dying to see dem links to gittorists. He's keen on the gittores made from trees, he hugs it all the time!

• Advertisement

AWWWWW thank you all for the good wishes and happy thoughts :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement