Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 infostrides

spacepuppy wrote: »
    hey guys,

I got an email from IEC to say a place had become available in my category and to submit all my documents and pay the fee by a certain date. My WTN is in the 9000's so I was kinda surprised to hear from them. Did anyone else get this email last week as well? I've everything uploaded so now I'm just waiting for the CAL. Does anyone know if I'll definitely need a police cert? I applied for my Irish one today but I'm worried that since I've lived in the UK for the past few years - will that delay it and do I also need to apply for one for the UK too?

any info would be appreciated!

I also got similar mail last week. My number is 97XX. How did you apply for your Irish police cert? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spacepuppy

I also got similar mail last week. My number is 97XX. How did you apply for your Irish police cert? Thanks.

I just went into local garda station and they give you a form to fill out. Bring your passport.

spacepuppy wrote: »
    I just went into local garda station and they give you a form to fill out. Bring your passport.

Thank you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

kate07 wrote: »
    Hey i got a mail and in the subject line is - International Experience Canada (IEC) Conditional Acceptance Letter, but I cannot open it, when I try it comes up that I need to upgrade my adobe, which I did, and I have tried to open it on 3 different computers, one a mac, any idea what the problem is? Or did anyone else get this issue? thanks :confused:

It's the same for me it only happens with messages I get from the IEC every other pdf file from any site loads fine. I just open the file then eventually after a few minutes it comes up.

I got my conditional acceptance letter also today but now I have until the 18th to fill the CIC thing which looks like a total headache questions again which aren't clear and it says on the CIC site that my conditional acceptance letter is valid for 3 months yet on the Con.. letter itself it says it's only valid for 15days is this because I was on the waiting list?
    I got my CAL letter today, now it says i have to do the whole upload my documents again??? but i've done that and paid the money already, man this is massively confusing. ? anyone at this step , i was on the waiting list

Yeah on the CIC under supporting documents it has passport and CV listed even though I only uploaded them last week the whole thing is very head wrecking and very frustrating surely they could have a much simpler set up I doubt someone who wants to come from Canada to work in Ireland has to go through all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kate07

absolute nightmare to do anything, I finally got my letter open, thanks for advice. Now I have all the documents uploaded apart from the garda clearance. Applied today, and was told by the person I got the form off it can take 4 weeks, and then later than I should have it by the end of the week!! So will see, hopefully this final stage will be hassle free...doubt it tho :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I got my conditional acceptance letter also today but now I have until the 18th to fill the CIC thing which looks like a total headache questions again which aren't clear and it says on the CIC site that my conditional acceptance letter is valid for 3 months yet on the Con.. letter itself it says it's only valid for 15days is this because I was on the waiting list?

Congrats on the letter! When did you make your payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I got an offer today too if I go through with it all when do I have to go to Canada by? It's just I have a few offers at the minute.

Congrats on the letter! When did you make your payment?

Thanks I think it was last Wednesday I know it was suppose to be payed by today.

Also anyone have experience updating their Garda clearance thing I got one in Feb which they won't accept now. I don't fancy going through what I did the last time with it (first of all being told by a guard in my local station I had to apply to some place down the country for it which I did, payed a fee then got a letter back from them saying I had sent it to the wrong place. Then applying to my local station heard nothing for 3 weeks so I rang them they said I didn't include my address or phone number, I had a copy of the letter I sent them on my computer and it did include all this informaiton :mad:)

Can I just go down and get another stamp on my current letter or do I have to apply all over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

hunter164 wrote: »
    I got an offer today too if I go through with it all when do I have to go to Canada by? It's just I have a few offers at the minute.

You have a year to activate your visa on your POE it will tell you when the date that you have to enter Canada so if you get approved say on the 5th September 2014 you have until the 5th September 2015 to enter Canada or your visa will be invalid after that date........

your next headache will be the dreaded health insurance and which option to pick good luck with it all its a painful process where you are fearful of making any error along the way but hopefully worth it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

You have a year to activate your visa on your POE it will tell you when the date that you have to enter Canada so if you get approved say on the 5th September 2014 you have until the 5th September 2015 to enter Canada or your visa will be invalid after that date........
    I've been following this thread as a bit of preparation for what to expect when I apply next year. Just have a question about entering Canada: Are you free to enter at any point and to any city, or is there a certain procedure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

newg300 wrote: »
    I've been following this thread as a bit of preparation for what to expect when I apply next year. Just have a question about entering Canada: Are you free to enter at any point and to any city, or is there a certain procedure?

You can enter at any entry point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

GerPower wrote: »

your next headache will be the dreaded health insurance and which option to pick good luck with it all its a painful process where you are fearful of making any error along the way but hopefully worth it in the end

Thanks for that I've offers to go other places too so I dont know whether to go through with it or not. If for example I took the visa and then didn't use it would I be able to apply again? Or would that blacklist me?

Why? What's the hassle with health insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

hunter164 wrote: »
    Thanks for that I've offers to go other places too so I dont know whether to go through with it or not. If for example I took the visa and then didn't use it would I be able to apply again? Or would that blacklist me?

Why? What's the hassle with health insurance?

If you get a POE and then don't use it, you won't be allowed to apply for another one. If you drop out at the CAL stage, you will be able to apply again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

You can enter at any entry point.

Thanks.

I received my conditional acceptance letter today valid till 20.09.2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

Thanks I think it was last Wednesday I know it was suppose to be payed by today.

Also anyone have experience updating their Garda clearance thing I got one in Feb which they won't accept now. I don't fancy going through what I did the last time with it (first of all being told by a guard in my local station I had to apply to some place down the country for it which I did, payed a fee then got a letter back from them saying I had sent it to the wrong place. Then applying to my local station heard nothing for 3 weeks so I rang them they said I didn't include my address or phone number, I had a copy of the letter I sent them on my computer and it did include all this informaiton :mad:)

Can I just go down and get another stamp on my current letter or do I have to apply all over again?

My friend is in the same boat as you and tried to do that yesterday. They would not restamp it. His Conditional Acceptance letter is only valid until Sunday so no he's not sure what to do. Should he put in his original police cert which is out of date and just hope they look for an updated one which he will have by the middle of next week? I think his Conditional Acceptance was only valid for 10 days and he only realised he'd got it about 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

I received my conditional acceptance letter today valid till 20.09.2014.

That doesn't sound right, you should have about 6 months to complete the second (CIC) stage of the process when you receive the conditional acceptance letter.

Against wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right, you should have about 6 months to complete the second (CIC) stage of the process when you receive the conditional acceptance letter.

I think I should register with MyCIC before the date.

Read the message below:

"This letter does not authorize you to enter Canada. To continue with the application process, you must submit a work permit application online through MyCIC before the expiry date of this conditional acceptance letter. This conditional acceptance letter expires on 2014-09-20."

Help! I need a clarification on this question:

"Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If you get your docs uploaded and submitted by 19.09.14 you will still be fine. Only one that takes any time is Garda Clearance, and if you happen to live near where ever they process it (Tallaght for south Dublin, right beside the Square) you can arrange to pick it up from there rather than wait on the post. Typically takes them no more than 48 hours from receiving it.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    If you get your docs uploaded and submitted by 19.09.14 you will still be fine. Only one that takes any time is Garda Clearance, and if you happen to live near where ever they process it (Tallaght for south Dublin, right beside the Square) you can arrange to pick it up from there rather than wait on the post. Typically takes them no more than 48 hours from receiving it.

Do you know if it will be possible to submit some certificate later? I have to get certificates from 3 countries. For Ireland, I will get it from Leixlip station.

Bear83 wrote: »
    My friend is in the same boat as you and tried to do that yesterday. They would not restamp it. His Conditional Acceptance letter is only valid until Sunday so no he's not sure what to do. Should he put in his original police cert which is out of date and just hope they look for an updated one which he will have by the middle of next week? I think his Conditional Acceptance was only valid for 10 days and he only realised he'd got it about 3 days ago.

Got mine sorted today just rang my local station gave them the code from my previous one they sent me out a new one yesterday and arrived in the post this morning.

Against wrote: »

Mine is the same I got my letter of acceptance thing on the 3rd of September and it says I have until the 18th to fill the whole thing out probably because of being on waiting list.

I just hope the having a year to enter still applies because when I didn't get a visa in March or April I decided to go back to college for the year I have already left my job to do so and payed for a years rent so the earliest I can go now is June of next year and that's if I pass all my exams if I have to do repeats then I won't be able to leave until September 2015 at the earliest.

Also what are people putting down for the

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
    I want to move over for good but unless I get sponsored i'll only be able to stay for the two years

Also what about the question that asks is the person applying over 18 and a dependent?
    Is a dependent not only a person who is under 18 and lives off their parents?

I filled out the questionnaire and got a code but it never asked me for a name or any details other than the questions am I suppose to register an account before filling this in?

I just went onto the CIC site to look again at those questions I asked about above and their now seems to be a different set of questions on page two of questionnaire than their was two days ago when I filled it out like questions about net worth and the occupations I have a Civil Engineering degree their no section even mentioning construction the other day on the site now their is one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Do you know if it will be possible to submit some certificate later? I have to get certificates from 3 countries. For Ireland, I will get it from Leixlip station.

Doubt it to be honest. If one is Australia though, I can tell you I applied for mine online (can send all docs online with them too) on a Sunday afternoon and it was in my postbox by Thursday morning (used NSW).

Billy86 wrote: »
    Doubt it to be honest. If one is Australia though, I can tell you I applied for mine online (can send all docs online with them too) on a Sunday afternoon and it was in my postbox by Thursday morning (used NSW).

Thank you for the insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

"Also what are people putting down for the

I want to move over for good but unless I get sponsored i'll only be able to stay for the two years "

I just put down permanently and I had no job or sponsorship at the time and I got my POE without any problems

I want to move over for good but unless I get sponsored i'll only be able to stay for the two years "

I just put down permanently and I had no job or sponsorship at the time and I got my POE without any problems

Thanks

Can anybody tell me how I sign the CIC form digitally? When I place the cursor over the section where the signature goes it either goes into the I declare part above where the signature should be or it goes below the line where Signature of applicant part is. When I click on either of these parts the cursor flashes but when I type nothing comes up on the screen?? According to the CIC help you just click and type your name but this is not working.

EDIT: Got answer in another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Can anybody tell me how I sign the CIC form digitally? When I place the cursor over the section where the signature goes it either goes into the I declare part above where the signature should be or it goes below the line where Signature of applicant part is. When I click on either of these parts the cursor flashes but when I type nothing comes up on the screen?? According to the CIC help you just click and type your name but this is not working.

EDIT: Got answer in another thread
    when you submit everything you will be brought to a page where you just accept the terms and conditions i think you might just type your name into a box as far as i can remember and thats you done. Make sure everything is correct before you submit.

What is UCI in form IMM1295E? Do I just leave it blank? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Jesus. You took a bit of risk there. You had paperwork for 2 years, therefore you say you're planning on staying for 2 years. Saying you're planning to stay for good on a 2 year visa is just asking for trouble. You were a very, very lucky boy (or girl)

Advertisement