Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Unconcerned

Hi, I'm a mature student (27 :P) who has lived in Maynooth before, looking for accommodation in Maynooth (or as close as possible!) I'm Male and a 1st Yr arts student, if anyone has any information; please PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Double room available for rent in quiet owner-occupier house, Lucan area. Must like dogs!

Would suit mature student/final year student.

All mod cods. Full sole use of main bathroom and study/office. High speed BB.

PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Whiteflag12

Double room to rent in Clane, €100 per week. Would suit a mature student. Looking for female lodgers only. Clane is about a 10 minutes drive to Maynooth.

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 meganshannon96

Firinneg wrote: »
    I've found a place but need another person (preferably first year female) to share with,€95 a week, 5 mins walk away from campus pm me for info :)

Are you still looking for someone to rent with?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dave224

I'm a First Year male undergrad student looking for accommodation close to campus. If anyone reading this has any vacancies, please PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 aineboland

I'm an 18 year old female looking for accommodation near campus, preferably with other first year students. PM if you're looking for a house mate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maryclarke07

3 first year students 2 guys 1 girl need help looking for accomodation in maynooth. We've tried every website and no houses seem to accept students or are too far away from Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lefkis

Hello!

I graduated from Maynooth last year so I know how hard it is to find a place that accepts students. Luckily, my landlord is pretty cool with it.

Would prefer females but males accepted as well.

I have 2 spare rooms available for 1 year in Lucan (hillcrest). There is a single room and a double room, 415e monthly for each, bills not included.

Very accessible to buses 66, 67 (get to Maynooth in 20 min) 66a, 66b, 25a, 66x, 67x to get into city centre in about 30 min.

I also have a small,sweet cat! I am very friendly and neat. Please get back to be if you are interested! Rooms must go by the end of the week.

Please PM me if you have any questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

jomalone14 wrote: »
    Double room available for rent in stunning, quiet owner-occupier house, Lucan area. Must like dogs!

Would suit mature student/final year student.

All mod cods. Full sole use of main bathroom and study/office. High speed BB.

PM me for details.

Still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emie1990

Hi guys,
    I'm starting my post grad in a few weeks in Maynooth and I'm finding it impossible to accommodation in the surrounding area. Please please if anyone hears of anything just pm me. I'm getting desperate at this stage and anything will do :(. I'm from Kerry so obviously daily commuting isn't an option. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I can't help you with getting a place, I commute, but I'm reminded of the accommodation on the south campus. Every exam period they offer rooms to students who want to stay up for the duration of exams. Think it's something around about 25 a night. Which isn't ideal, but if you're really stuck for a while, then until you get accommodation, that might do you?

Try emailing the folks at this place: https://www.maynoothcampus.com

And depending on your course, you may only need to stay for three nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

Single room to rent in comfortable and recently refurbished 3-bedroom house, sharing with a young professional couple.

Would suit a quiet first year or final year student. The room is available Sunday evening-Friday afternoon,and will be available at weekends in December and May to accommodate for exam study if needed.

The price is on a per-week basis of €80 per week and this includes all utilities and bills. Also you do not have to pay for the weeks you do not stay (Christmas, Easter. Midterms etc).

4 weeks deposit (€320) is required.
    Have an ad on daft (meadowbrook court).
    Pm to organise a viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Anyone with a spare room to rent either a single or double in Maynooth, willing to pay up to 450 a month plus bills...I'm a second year mature student....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

Single room to rent in comfortable and recently refurbished 3-bedroom house, sharing with a young professional couple.

Would suit a quiet first year or final year student. The room is available Sunday evening-Friday afternoon,and will be available at weekends in December and May to accommodate for exam study if needed.

The price is on a per-week basis of €80 per week and this includes all utilities and bills. Also you do not have to pay for the weeks you do not stay (Christmas, Easter. Midterms etc).

4 weeks deposit (€320) is required.
    Have an ad on daft (meadowbrook court).
    Pm to organise a viewing

**gone**

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shambles37

Hi I didn't get on campus accommodation and am wondering if there's any chance of a room popping up between now and Christmas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Shambles37 wrote: »
    Hi I didn't get on campus accommodation and am wondering if there's any chance of a room popping up between now and Christmas?

Hi Shambles

I have deleted your other (multiple) posts on this matter. Please do not spam the forum again. I will let this one remain

XxMCRxBabyxX

In answer to your question: Some rooms do become available, often around October or at the beginning of second semester, as people drop out or move to somewhere else, but you will have to speak to the Accommodation office to see where you are on the waiting list. If you have specific circumstances that will help your case, speak to them about it and they may place you higher on the list. There is no guarantee though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Are you still looking for accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nlano06

Is there still a room available anywhere? In Maynooth, not celbridge/Lucan/Kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Double room to rent for one student outside of Maynooth (20mins) can carshare or it is on the bus route. €280 per month incl bills, pm for more details.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Are you still looking for accommodation?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Beeatrixx

There seems to be a couple of places up to rent in Maynooth with a double and single room which are reasonable when you split the rent between three people. If there are any couples looking for a place I wouldn't mind sharing, send me a message and I can show you what I've found anyway. I need to be out of my current place by Friday so the sooner the better!

How much is the rent if divided by 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Looking for a house share till end of May. Single room (not digs). I'm 21 and in my final year. I have rented in Maynooth before but left it too late this year to look as I was away on a work placement in Germany. Please pm me. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

At the very top is a sticky "campus accommodation superthread", you can search that.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057275212

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Looking for someone to split a €1000 apartment or a room anywhere in Maynooth permanently (at least the next 5 years :P). PM me if interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 boodles

Looking for 5 Bedroom House for 2015 / 2016 - for 5 Third Year Students. Open to taking it in May if needed. Any contact(s) would be great, please pm or answer and I can pm. We have been in same accommodation since starting NUIM but unfortunately due to family difficulties, the landlord has to sell the house we are in. :-(. Thanks for any help....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

Will hopefully be going to maynooth come September as mature student even doh I be only 24 but whatever 😋 looking into sharing a place with few people where be best place to look and were to avoid! Any help be appreciated :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hi JoeR91

I've moved your post into our Accommodation thread. Hopefully you'll find help and info here.

XxMCRxBabyxX

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Looking for a third person to split a 3 bed house with asap. Would be around 400 a month. Please PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Looking for a third person to move in to 3 bedroom house very close to campus starting September 1st. Around 440 a month. Inbox if interested.

Advertisement