Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

I'll take that last spot. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'll take that last spot. :D

Hey, Im afraid we have 14 teams for now.

Spots number 15 and 16 are reserved for Onecoolcookie and linksrookie. I'm only increasing the league size in increments of two so if Onecoolcookie accepts his place then you're in! Or if someone comes in place of Onecoolcookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

Hey, Im afraid we have 14 teams for now.

Spots number 15 and 16 are reserved for Onecoolcookie and linksrookie. I'm only increasing the league size in increments of two so if Onecoolcookie accepts his place then you're in! Or if someone comes in place of Onecoolcookie.

No prob. Good luck with the league!

So we have 14 participants, and all are confirmed. The two most popular choices are 9pm and 10pm on Wednesday 27th August - both with 9 votes. This also happens to be the day the FBS season kicks off.

I flipped a coin between them and 10pm won, so that's when the draft will be.

linksrookie and Oncoolcookie will be on standby for 2 additional places in the league. I can only add 2 teams at a time, so if Onecoolcookie comes back (hasn't been active since the start of August) then they are both in. Or if someone else wants to play, then that person and linksrookie are in.

Draft = Wednesday 27th August @ 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

So we have 14 participants, and all are confirmed. The two most popular choices are 9pm and 10pm on Wednesday 27th August - both with 9 votes. This also happens to be the day the FBS season kicks off.

linksrookie and Oncoolcookie will be on standby for 2 additional places in the league. I can only add 2 teams at a time, so if Onecoolcookie comes back (hasn't been active since the start of August) then they are both in. Or if someone else wants to play, then that person and linksrookie are in.

The draft is listed for tonight at 9 PM at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Yep sorry about that been away on holidays for the past few weeks but that draft date suits me grand, PM'd you my email for the invite now.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The draft is listed for tonight at 9 PM at present.

I got an e-mail reminder about that alright. That was the date I set when creating a league, I'll be changing it to Wednesday at some stage today.

Thanks for the reminder, I'd already forgotten about the e-mail reminder :o

Also, Onecoolcookie has PMed me and he's back in. So I'll send linksrookie a PM too letting him know he's also in. This is the first we've had 16 for College FF - I'm excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Auto draft for me but looking forward to it. Will set my draft order. We using all of D1?

TO. wrote: »
    Auto draft for me but looking forward to it. Will set my draft order. We using all of D1?

Yup, all FBS teams.

• Advertisement

Where would I find draft advice/mock drafts for fantasy college football

College Football Geeks would be by far the best resource but a sub is $45. However this year they allow you to subscribe for $10 through FanDuel which is grand because you get $10 credit to play with on FanDuel aswell.

Apart from that, there's the r/CFF subreddit on Reddit but it's pretty quiet over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 swedstef

Apart from CFG, the only one I know is The CFF Site.

Bump. Draft tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Guys, I have a profile and have signed into the fantrax site.
    But for the life of me, can't find my league page...
    I'm assuming this is where I will go to launch the draft come 9.45?

Guys, I have a profile and have signed into the fantrax site.
    But for the life of me, can't find my league page...
    I'm assuming this is where I will go to launch the draft come 9.45?

You should have a My Leagues option along the menu bar next to NFL

And with the first pick of the 2014 College Fantasy Football Draft, Cookie's Cowboys select Devin Funchess TE Michigan :eek::mad::mad::mad:

Had a lovely draft queue of all my top picks but didn't realise the client would choose from it straight away without confirming it with me....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Disaster of a night, was meant to finish work at half 9 but kept on late so have to log in and see what the draft has in store for me.

Well that was interesting. Got a few of the players I wanted but not totally sure what I have. My 1st player starts the season in under half an hour.

QB's
    Taylor Heinicke - Old Dominion
    Christian Hackenberg - Penn. St.

RB's
    Ameer Abdullah - Nebraska
    Paul James - Rutgers
    Joe Hill - Utah State
    Jahwan Edwards - Ball State

WR's
    Robert Davis - Georgia State
    Austin Hill - Arizona
    Dominic Rufran - Wyoming
    DeVante Parker - Louisville (out for 6-8 weeks so might look to pick someone up off waivers)
    Geno Lewis - Penn State

TE's
    Tyreese Russell - Eastern Michigan

D/ST
    Penn State

K
    Matt Wogan - Oregon

I've got a **** ton of QB's. Time to do some research on RB's and WR's me thinks.

• Advertisement

Pretty happy with my team.

I got Shane Carden at QB which I was delighted with, and I also got 2 dual-eligible players, so I have a starting RB for my TE (Devon Johnson, Marshall), and a starting RB as one of my backup WRs (Orville Reynolds) but could put him as a starter depending on how he looks.

Two players up tomorrow night. God I'm so happy college ball is back :D

Pretty happy with my team.

I got Shane Carden at QB which I was delighted with, and I also got 2 dual-eligible players, so I have a starting RB for my TE (Devon Johnson, Marshall), and a starting RB as one of my backup WRs (Orville Reynolds) but could put him as a starter depending on how he looks.

Two players up tomorrow night. God I'm so happy college ball is back :D

Clever strategy, will have to keep an eye out for it next year.

It's odd now looking for results of teams like Old Dominion & Wyoming, teams I know very little about

Is there a place I can see a run through of the final draft results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Is there a way of seeing projected stats for the week. Always useful when selecting your lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 6 swedstef

Is there a place I can see a run through of the final draft results?

Just click "OTHER" in the top menu and then Draft Results, it lists the draft results by rounds or teams.

It's odd now looking for results of teams like Old Dominion & Wyoming, teams I know very little about

That's the best part of CFF. You'll become a fan of teams purely because their players. I've started looking out for San Diego State's games thanks to Ronnie Hillman's antics a few years ago. I drafted Pumphrey last night so that'll continue this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

I drafted Pumphrey last night so that'll continue this year.

Ahh so that was you. You were two picks ahead of me and out of the thousands of players you could have picked you picked on two occasions you picked the next player I was eyeing up :mad: Pumphrey and Trevor Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Anyone else getting an error message when you try to log in to fantrax? I'm getting this.

'Sorry, but you cannot access that league right now. This is either because you are not a member of that league, the website URL address is incorrect, or there is an error in the system preventing the league from being accessed. If this is an error on our part, we have already been alerted and will probably have it accessible very soon. If you are no longer a member of this league, it could be caused by you being removed from the league, or possibly the URL (website address) is not correct (do not use a bookmark - it may have been altered or not copied/saved correctly). If you feel this is an error, you may contact us via the feedback form.'

Tried log in 4/5 times since this morning, no change. I'm trying to see how many points I left sitting on the bench with Kenny Hill!

Nope working grand for me, Hill would have got you 37 points and I also managed to leave 45 points the bench with Washington St QB Haiilday

The Bogman wrote: »
    Anyone else getting an error message when you try to log in to fantrax? I'm getting this.

'Sorry, but you cannot access that league right now. This is either because you are not a member of that league, the website URL address is incorrect, or there is an error in the system preventing the league from being accessed. If this is an error on our part, we have already been alerted and will probably have it accessible very soon. If you are no longer a member of this league, it could be caused by you being removed from the league, or possibly the URL (website address) is not correct (do not use a bookmark - it may have been altered or not copied/saved correctly). If you feel this is an error, you may contact us via the feedback form.'

Tried log in 4/5 times since this morning, no change. I'm trying to see how many points I left sitting on the bench with Kenny Hill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

That error message came up twice for me today. Both times were only temporary and i could get back in a while later

Advertisement