Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd say FanTrax is just busy being the day after the first night of football.

I'm happy with my guys last night. D.J. Foster got me 143 yards and 3 TDs (34 points) on 15 carries which is impressive despite the opposition. And my gamble Leonte Carroo rewarded me with 151 receiving yards and a TD (21 points). Was expecting a decent performance against Washington State, but not sure if I'll start him every week. Thankfully Ricky Seals-Jones calmed down in the second half last night. My opponent had him and I was sure he was going to double his first half production in the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Working fine for me now...hopefully only a temporary thing

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

I'd say FanTrax is just busy being the day after the first night of football.

I'm happy with my guys last night. D.J. Foster got me 143 yards and 3 TDs (34 points) on 15 carries which is impressive despite the opposition. And my gamble Leonte Carroo rewarded me with 151 receiving yards and a TD (21 points). Was expecting a decent performance against Washington State, but not sure if I'll start him every week. Thankfully Ricky Seals-Jones calmed down in the second half last night. My opponent had him and I was sure he was going to double his first half production in the second.

Seals-Jones did ok, but I was a bit sickened he didn't do better. I watched the first half and even though Hill had an excellent game, he overthrew RSJ for a long touchdown very early in the first and then again for what would have been a good gain slightly later on. Couple that with being ruled down a couple of inches short of the end-zone and a good performance could have been a great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Paul James from Rutgers had 173 yards & 3tds on the ground last night was good but Robert Davis from Georgia State was disappointing the previous night with only 90 receiving yards.

Always helpful when your QB gets ejected for punching a defender in the 2nd quarter!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I haven't had a chance to check my team all week Long week in work and their app doesn't work properly.

Pretty happy with my team.

I have a starting RB for my TE (Devon Johnson, Marshall)

140 rushing yards, 2 TD. Not bad for a TE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

Ah lads, isn't it great to have football back! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I should really do more research in to who to start and who to sit. Just eeked out a win by 2 points. 77 out of a possible 144 :/

My starters got a respectable if not unspectacular 125. My bench got 124 :o

I have a selection headache at RB, albeit a good one, with 5 of the top 12 RBs so far to choose from.

• Advertisement

Got my first win and spent the last hour making changes and waiver requests. Finally got time to look at my team properly. College ball so much more in depth fantasy wise than NFL I always find myself spending a couple of hours reading college ball news and watching highlights also.

Struggling with my WR's & TE, good score of 127 points but pipped by 7 points to fall to 1-1

God damn it.

I had Joey Iosefa on my watchlist at the end of lat year after having 124 carries for 586 yards and 5 TDs at the end of last year. Drafted him but still wasn’t completely sold (more because I figured Hawaii would be playing from a losing position a lot of the time and would have to abandon the running game). Decided I’d see how he performs the first couple of weeks against Pac 12 opposition. He managed 200 yards and 4 TDs (overall, averaged 23.5 points per game) so I was all set to promote him to my starting lineup.

The selfish b*stard then goes and breaks his ankle… :mad:

Will probably stash him on IR though. If he’s back for even the last 3 games of the season he’ll be a welcome addition given their schedule.

Rosslare Raiders just about undergoing a whole team change on the waiver wire and in free agency :D :pac:

There I am happy with my one pickup :/

Rosslare Raiders just about undergoing a whole team change on the waiver wire and in free agency :D :pac:

There I am happy with my one pickup :/

:p

This is my first year doing College FF and it's been a steep learning curve so far. I drafted players I knew through following recruiting over the past 4 years but that hasn't worked out so well. While Derrick Henry, Duke Johnson and Thomas Tyner might all make the NFL one day, I would have been much better off going with RBs from Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan.

Benched Shane Carden this week.

picard.png

Benched Shane Carden this week.

picard.png

At least you had a QB who played....
    I had three players on the bench who combined outscored my starting lineup.
    I picked up Jacobi Owens out of AF Falcons after one of ye beat me to him in signings or on the ww then dumped him the week after. He goes and has 122 yards with 2 TDS and he is sitting on the bench.
    Notre Dame QB has 300+ combined yardage with 3 TDS and he was sitting beside Mr Owens on the bench

I spent ages looking last week at who was hot and who was not and made a few changes.
    There is sod all point in that if I don't bother adjusting the starts and reserves. :mad:

At least you had a QB who played....
    I had three players on the bench who combined outscored my starting lineup.
    I picked up Jacobi Owens out of AF Falcons after one of ye beat me to him in signings or on the ww then dumped him the week after. He goes and has 122 yards with 2 TDS and he is sitting on the bench.
    Notre Dame QB has 300+ combined yardage with 3 TDS and he was sitting beside Mr Owens on the bench

I spent ages looking last week at who was hot and who was not and made a few changes.
    There is sod all point in that if I don't bother adjusting the starts and reserves. :mad:

I feel your pain. After spending the first couple of weeks being very active on the waiver wire I had a tough decision to make between between Thomas Rawls and Jarvion Franklin. Rawls didn't play, which came completely out of the blue, while Franklin got 39 points, enough to win my match-up.

I also had to make a tough choice between two of the receivers I picked up on waivers/FA last week, of course I went with the one who got 2 points over the one who got 18 points. On top of that my TE didn't play due to injury.

I'd need a minor miracle to turn my season around at this stage.

Inactive people ruining this already. I've kicked an owner earlier today and will be kicking another later tonight pending his explanation.

Jebus I got it all wrong yesterday my team were garbage. Watched all of the games my guys were involved in and holy fook drops galores from my WR and RB failing to find room. Need to sit down and do more research in the smaller divisions now and get back on track.

• Advertisement

Left Taylor Henicke on the bench from Old Dominion yesterday and he picked up 50 points. Got the win irregardless but serious questions about my starting QB from Georgia State Panthers

185 points this week. Can't say that I've any complaints. :D

linksrookie has been kicked from the league for being inactive for the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

Sorry, was away on holidays. So much for my waiver wire pick ups this week which were going to change my season. :(

Hope Jameis can keep his career on track without my guidance.. He's been acting out lately.

Totally forgot the Oregon game was tonight Freeman and Marshall on my bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Been trying to add a player the last few days but it keeps saying that if I make the change I'll have an illegal roster - anyone know why this is? Tried 2 or 3 different from different teams but same issue.

Been trying to add a player the last few days but it keeps saying that if I make the change I'll have an illegal roster - anyone know why this is? Tried 2 or 3 different from different teams but same issue.

Are you replacing a player on your bench? If so, make sure the player you're adding is being added to "reserve" and not "active". Im the GM so if you want me to make the trade in Commissioner Mode, send me a PM and I'll do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Are you replacing a player on your bench? If so, make sure the player you're adding is being added to "reserve" and not "active". Im the GM so if you want me to make the trade in Commissioner Mode, send me a PM and I'll do it for you.

Ah, that'd be it. Cheers boss.

This is what I love about College FF. Just taking a look at the highest scoring players and where they were drafted in our league.

QB1. Connor Halliday - Round 8, 128th Overall
    QB2. Kenny Hill - Round 13, 207th Overall
    QB3. Dak Prescott - Round 2, 32nd Overall
    QB4. Jared Goff - Round 11, 164th Overall
    QB5. Shane Carden - Round 2, 22nd Overall
    QB6. Brandon Doughty - Undrafted
    QB7. Marcus Mariota - Round 1, 2nd Overall
    QB8. Sefo Liufau - Undrafted
    QB9. J.T. Barrett- Round 2, 21st Overall
    QB10. Taysom Hill- Round 2, 17th Overall

RB1. Ameer Abdullah- Round 1, 6th Overall
    RB2. Jay Ajayi - Round 1, 16th Overall
    RB3. Melvin Gordon - Round 1, 8th Overall
    RB4. Jarvion Franklin - Undrafted
    RB5. Tevin Coleman - Round 3, 37th Overall
    RB6. James Conner- Undrafted
    RB7. Anthone Taylor- Undrafted
    RB8. Todd Gurley- Round 1, 7th Overall
    RB9. D.J. Foster- Round 1, 11th Overall
    RB10. Matt Breida- Undrafted

WR1. Nelson Spruce- Undrafted
    WR2. Amari Cooper - Round 4, 56th Overall
    WR3. Vince Mayle - Undrafted
    WR4. Rashard Higgins - Undrafted
    WR5. Tony Lippet - Undrafted
    WR6. Kevin White- Undrafted
    WR7. Isiah Myers- Undrafted
    WR8. Keevan Lucas- Undrafted
    WR9. River Cracraft- Undrafted
    WR10. Joshua McCain- Undrafted

TE1. Devon Johnson- Round 9, 139th Overall
    TE2. John Harris - Undrafted
    TE3. Devin Funchess - Round 1, 1st Overall (Drafting Error)
    TE4. Jonnu Smith - Undrafted
    TE5. Rodney Mills - Undrafted
    TE6. Bucky Hodges- Undrafted
    TE7. Jean Sifrin- Undrafted
    TE8. Clive Walford- Undrafted
    TE9. Joel Ruiz- Undrafted
    TE10. Mitchell Henry- Undrafted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Funny to see only one of the top 10 WRs went drafted. Shows how much we know :D

Advertisement