Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I have 2 players on that whole list. I stunk the place out this year so rusty with college ball these days. Used to be so good with it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

TO. wrote: »
    I have 2 players on that whole list. I stunk the place out this year so rusty with college ball these days. Used to be so good with it :(

You beat me in the last final if I'm not mistaken :o

You beat me in the last final if I'm not mistaken :o

That was 2 seasons ago :) Been out of touch since then with College ball

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Great matchup this week between myself and Swedstef. Have to say I went to sleep thinking I was done. I knew Thomas Rawls was going to post 30+ points which would put me ahead by a few but Swedstef still had 2 WR to play. Happy out now!
    Thomas Rawls is having some season for himself, Suspended for two games and is still the no 10 point scoring fantasy RB. Nothing wrong with 9 TD's in 5 games!

Rashard Higgins putting up Madden-like stats for me the past few games.

In his last 5 games he has 43 receptions for 760 yards and 9 TDs. Ridiculous stuff! Raging that I was 2 points short of breaking 200 points this weekend - would have been a nice milestone :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 swedstef

The Bogman wrote: »
    Great matchup this week between myself and Swedstef. Have to say I went to sleep thinking I was done. I knew Thomas Rawls was going to post 30+ points which would put me ahead by a few but Swedstef still had 2 WR to play. Happy out now!
    Thomas Rawls is having some season for himself, Suspended for two games and is still the no 10 point scoring fantasy RB. Nothing wrong with 9 TD's in 5 games!

Yes, it was a great matchup and my WR's (including the ones on the bench) "managed" to get four points.

That's quite an interesting list with the top 10 in different positions. The best part about CFF is getting to follow players from the smaller schools and that there are at least decent players to pick up when getting bitten by the injury/dropping down the depth chart bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Jaysus H. Christ.. just checked in to see how a player of mine got on from last night..

Elijah McGuire of Lafayette hit Arkansas State for 265 yards of rushing and 4 TD's.

Only 1 yard receiving though.. pfft.

272 yards and 4 TDs for Devon Marshall from 24 carries :eek:

Not bad for my tight end. Falling in love with him more and more every week. He's verging on Ronnie Hillman territory for me, he's officially becoming a draft binkie thanks to this season.

If only I started Trevone Boykin and his 7 TDs! I always seem to pick the wrong quarterback every week. Tough choosing between him, Carden and Doughty!

Can Believe In Eli and United Irishmen set their lineups please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Can Believe In Eli and United Irishmen set their lineups please?

Done. Just back from work in time for Coleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

How are the playoffs going to work in this?

From the league rules it says this:
    Playoffs
    Playoffs will begin in this Scoring Period: 13 (Nov 19/14 - Nov 24/14) and last for 2 periods (rounds).
    Playoff matchups entered manually: Yes

8 teams with seeding?

Or will it be the same as we did last time with a 1st place game between 1&2 seed, 3rd place game between 3&4, 5th/7th/9th etc?

How are the playoffs going to work in this?

From the league rules it says this:
    Playoffs
    Playoffs will begin in this Scoring Period: 13 (Nov 19/14 - Nov 24/14) and last for 2 periods (rounds).
    Playoff matchups entered manually: Yes

8 teams with seeding?

Or will it be the same as we did last time with a 1st place game between 1&2 seed, 3rd place game between 3&4, 5th/7th/9th etc?

Playoffs will be 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd in Week 1 with the 2 winners playing each other in the final in Week 2.

Ratoath Renegades and Believe In Eli owners have been booted for inactivity.

Ok, so to make the playoffs I need to beat Swedstef Shibas, I need FoT to beat United Irishmen, I need Cookies Cowboys to lose to Team TO, and then I need the team who has four starting players on a bye and an injured WR to beat Poontown U.

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

:D

I kind of messed up setting the Playoff Schedule.

I set the games as #1 Fight On Trojans vs #4 Poontown University Pussycats, and #2 Ratoath Renegades vs #3 Cookies Cowboys.

But I set them as this weeks games (weekend just gone) instead of next week. So I need to reset what this weeks games were, but I can't find an Undo button - I have to set them manually. Can anyone remember what teams they were playing this week? I've contacted Fantrax to see if I can Undo it anyhow, but just in case I can't.

Fight On Trojans vs United Irishmen was one of them anyway.

I went on this morning to check how I got on last night and I thought something was up alright. I honestly cant remember who I was up against this week but I had a look at my matchups so far and the ones I havent faced are Fight on trojans, team to, super troopers and huxley college

I went on this morning to check how I got on last night and I thought something was up alright. I honestly cant remember who I was up against this week but I had a look at my matchups so far and the ones I havent faced are Fight on trojans, team to, super troopers and huxley college

Are you Disco Ninjas? I hope so, because I spent a bit of time on this and I think these are the teams that everyone hasn't faced yet. You can ignored Fight On Trojans and United Irishmen, as we were playing this weekend so any team that hasn't faced them, I've removed them as a possibility as I know that's not the team you were facing.

2QpLztT.png?1

Yeah sorry I'm Disco Ninjas anyway

The only ones I know for week 12 are the ones from my post above,

SuperTroopers vs Swedstef
    Fight on Trojans vs UI
    Cookies Cowboys vs Team TO
    Poontown U vs Christian Truth

The only ones I know for week 12 are the ones from my post above,

SuperTroopers vs Swedstef
    Fight on Trojans vs UI
    Cookies Cowboys vs Team TO
    Poontown U vs Christian Truth

Cheers dave, that helped me figure out the rest of the matches by process of elimination. I've updated Week 12 and the Standings should update shortly. Either way, the top 4 were Fight On Trojans, Ratoath Renegades, Cookie's Cowboys and Poontown University Pussycats so they will go through to the playoffs. I'll try do a consolation bracket for the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 swedstef

Cheers dave, that helped me figure out the rest of the matches by process of elimination. I've updated Week 12 and the Standings should update shortly. Either way, the top 4 were Fight On Trojans, Ratoath Renegades, Cookie's Cowboys and Poontown University Pussycats so they will go through to the playoffs. I'll try do a consolation bracket for the rest.

Congratulations and good luck in the playoffs to the teams that finished in the top 4.
    The consolation bracket sounds fun and I hope there are still some CFF left for us who didn't make the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought Rathoath Renegades were kicked out for inactivity so somebody else should be there instead of them.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought Rathoath Renegades were kicked out for inactivity so somebody else should be there instead of them.

The Poontown whatever they are called has no owner either so Im guessing they were inactive also or kicked out.

Out of curiosity who was adjusting the rosters of those who were kicked out?

TO. wrote: »
    Out of curiosity who was adjusting the rosters of those who were kicked out?

I am - I'm the only one who can anyway as commissioner. I've been setting their lineups and adding/dropping to their waivers since:

Poontown University Pussycats - Week 5
    Linksrookie Bantersauruses - Week 5
    Ratoath Renegades - Week 11
    Believe in Eli - Week 11

I've been putting out the best lineup possible for each of them each week.

I'm happy to actually exclude PUP and RR from the playoffs if that's what people want. I just put the top 4 in without much thought so don't mind changing it.

Edit: That makes the new playoffs as #1 Fight On Trojans vs #6 Foxboro Legends, and #3 Cookie's Cowboys vs #5 College of Life Oompa Loompas. I've given everyone else consolation matches against the person next to you in the Rankings. i.e. #7 vs #8, #9 vs 10 etc. I couldn't figure out a way to separate them from the 2 Playoff semi-finals, so now it just looks like we're all in the playoffs but I'll manually adjust it next week that only 2 teams progress.

fair play for doing all of that jamarcus. personally I'd think it's probably fairest if the inactives are excluded from the playoffs

fair play for doing all of that jamarcus. personally I'd think it's probably fairest if the inactives are excluded from the playoffs

To be honest, I think the mistake I made this year was pushing to get 16 players regardless, rather than leaving it at 12 players who I know would stay active.

For next year, I'll let anyone sign up but I'll take a look at this year's activity levels and check in with the commissioners on the Boards NFL leagues and only allow people in who have a track record of being active every week in FF.

FYI, Fantrax look to have given anyone playing last night double points. Its not the first time they've done that, and they usually correct it soon enough but just in case they don't, I'll manually adjust it.

Eagle Eye - if you're looking at our latest score, my WR only scored 14 points last night, not 29.

The final will be Cookie's Cowboys @ Fight On Trojans next week. 3rd place playoff will be Foxboro Legends @ College of Life Oompa Loompas.

• Advertisement

The final will be Cookie's Cowboys @ Fight On Trojans next week. 3rd place playoff will be Foxboro Legends @ College of Life Oompa Loompas.

Best of luck to all of ye. My year was over a few weeks ago, but really enjoyed my first season of College fantasy football. Looking forward to seeing ye all again next year!

Advertisement