Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

PeteK* wrote: »
    Are the people in the planes real players?
    Do they just appear mid air after each crash to try again?

It seems like whoever is in the jets (real players) just respawn quickly and only one person is in the car. Probably works better when there is a good few doing it.

Must try it later.

Fecking god-moders are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone on the 360 tonight? hows the connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Fecking god-moders are back.
    What does that mean?

PeteK* wrote: »
    What does that mean?

"Hackers" teleporting around in god mode.

You cant kill them but they'll kill you repeatedly if you let them.

Best thing to do is to go into passive mode, report them for exploits, vote to kick them & then change session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Must try it later.

Got your invites earlier but couldn't get in. I'll try again another time, send an invite if you see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Anyone on the 360 tonight? hows the connection?

Gonna jump on the next hour and report back then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is bizarre, Ryan Tubridy talking to some guy on 2fm about modders/hackers on GTA Online. Some girl came across Trolls? Not sure, didn't get the whole story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Just been reading up 1 of our reliable Irish tabloids and it appears along with the hacking on psn, a Sony top man was targeted on a plane with a bomb scare too!
    Not too much detail given

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

djflawless wrote: »
    Just been reading up 1 of our reliable Irish tabloids and it appears along with the hacking on psn, a Sony top man was targeted on a plane with a bomb scare too!
    Not too much detail given

this is what you're talking about
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28925052

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This is bizarre, Ryan Tubridy talking to some guy on 2fm about modders/hackers on GTA Online. Some girl came across Trolls? Not sure, didn't get the whole story.

I think this is it.

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/tubridy/podcasts/

Listen to Monday 25th August: Disturbing New Trend in Video Games....

and then to Tuesday 26th August: Gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus, that was painful to listen to. The way Tubridy went on about it you'd swear someone was actually raped

This is what 'rape' on DayZ looks like btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpiCg3Qdhns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I would just like to apologies to anyone who has teamed with me in any mission where I was driving.
    I hate racing games and I am not that great with the cars in the game, always crashing into things at full speed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Bloody playlist freeze , doing a good/tricky playlist with Phobos there and it craps out.

Its Louis Therouxs LA stories for me!

Sort it out R* ffs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    Bloody playlist freeze , doing a good/tricky playlist with Phobos there and it craps out.

Its Louis Therouxs LA stories for me!

Sort it out R* ffs!!!!

That was a decent playlist (before it crashed my PS3). Will be on later to give it another try. It went t!ts up at the 8th race instead of the usual 9th race. Hopefully I won't have to trim my playlists down to 8 races now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

TacoMan wrote: »
    That was a decent playlist (before it crashed my PS3). Will be on later to give it another try. It went t!ts up at the 8th race instead of the usual 9th race. Hopefully I won't have to trim my playlists down to 8 races now. :mad:

That cycling one in the prison was fairly difficult. But if it was easy it would be no craic.

That motorbike one where you're basically on a titerope was next to impossible. Would like to try it on non-contact . Probably wouldn't be able to finish it (properly) anyway.

Great playlist in fairness Taco Lad :)

I dont where ya find them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

They really need to sort out the connection issues once and for all. It's just getting worse and worse over the last few months. Feels like there's only a 50% chance of joining/leaving a mission/race/whatever online without a connection error.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I think this is it.

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/tubridy/podcasts/

Listen to Monday 25th August: Disturbing New Trend in Video Games....

and then to Tuesday 26th August: Gaming

For those that haven't listened to it, it's only 16 minutes long and it's worth listing to any random 2 minutes. It's painful the hysteria on display. Is Tubridy the only guy between 18 & 50 who has not played GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    That cycling one in the prison was fairly difficult. But if it was easy it would be no craic.

That motorbike one where you're basically on a titerope was next to impossible. Would like to try it on non-contact . Probably wouldn't be able to finish it (properly) anyway.

Great playlist in fairness Taco Lad :)

I dont where ya find them :D
    I was doing that bmx one in the prison.. no way could I figure out how to finish it :o

the motorbike one can be done without going over the tightrope.. just go down the cliff on the right cross the bridge and up the other side to the finish line..

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    For those that haven't listened to it, it's only 16 minutes long and it's worth listing to any random 2 minutes. It's painful the hysteria on display. Is Tubridy the only guy between 18 & 50 who has not played GTA?

Listened to the first 4 mins of it . First world problems or what.

If a game has elements that disturb you don't play the facking game!!!!!

If your 12 and your parents get you an 18s game that's their fault for "warping" your mind.

I saw mental programmes/films as a kid and I don't suddenly want to go to Cyberdyne and crush a terminator or fire silver coins into a giant spider (IT the clown)

My point is if your nuts your nuts.

I mean I'm perfectly normal for example
    I remember when..

(Hold on)

My flying koala bear with a grenade launcher for an arse and penknives for teeth agrees with me 100%

All a load of EPIC bullsh1t!

sean1141 wrote: »
    I was doing that bmx one in the prison.. no way could I figure out how to finish it :o

the motorbike one can be done without going over the tightrope.. just go down the cliff on the right cross the bridge and up the other side to the finish line..

Yeah but wanted to finish it properly otherwise its just a rubbish race.

The cycling one in the prison is hard (finish line) , you have to get a good run at it. Don't jump the first little bit of the ramp because you'll end up on the main ramp anyway. And jumping the first bit will just slow you down.

Once your on the second (main ramp to the tower) pull back on the left analog stick so ull be on your back wheel only.

This greatly increases your speed and gives you the juice to land on top of the tower. Cannot be finished in GTA mode if you land on the balcony of the tower and try to bunny hop over or climb over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

played a decent user created death match there called long shot.. Up on roof tops in the city with sniper rifles.. well worth trying out

sean1141 wrote: »
    played a decent user created death match there called long shot.. Up on roof tops in the city with sniper rifles.. well worth trying out

Can be awkard to get people to join deathmatches, for me anyway.

I think most if not all have a 4 some 6 player minimum . Had something like the one you played bookmarked (maybe its the same one) but never got to try out no fecker would join. Or wasn't enough players to start .

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

That Armageddon race/capture that Proco posted a few days ago is a good laugh. I played it with another crew member the other day, I'd say its deadly with a few more people. Do any of the aircraft have weapons? My "tactic" was just run for the Zentorno and floor it down to the drop off point.

TacoMan wrote: »
    That Armageddon race/capture that Proco posted a few days ago is a good laugh. I played it with another crew member the other day, I'd say its deadly with a few more people. Do any of the aircraft have weapons? My "tactic" was just run for the Zentorno and floor it down to the drop off point.

I think its a case of just flying into your target.

Myself & Kesh tested it a couple days ago. It seems like whoever delivers a car to the checkpoint (or whatever its called) wins. If the person in the car dies they respawn in a plane so they can fly back to get another car. Or someone else can hop into a car.
    Its probably a capture best suited to crew only so we can decide who wants to do what.

I think its a case of just flying into your target.

Myself & Kesh tested it a couple days ago. It seems like whoever delivers a car to the checkpoint (or whatever its called) wins. If the person in the car dies they respawn in a plane so they can fly back to get another car. Or someone else can hop into a car.
    Its probably a capture best suited to crew only so we can decide who wants to do what.

It is a good mission/capture but I think whoever is driving the car has the advantage.

You would want at least 4 players (decent pilots) after the player in the car to succeed / make it fair

Will give it a go later if there's a few on.

Just want to say if you make a playlist beware of adding deathmatches or any mission capture that require a minimum amount of players.

Reason being you could start off with 5 players and drop to 3 and all of a sudden you can't finish your playlist because you haven't the required amount of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I had a go at the Creator a while back and made a Deathmatch if anyone wants to try it out. It's minimum 2 afaik, I'm online at the moment playing it. It's called Mirror Park Mayhem

• Advertisement

I made a deathmatch as well.

Seen something like this ages ago but I couldnt find it again so I just made it.

Windmill Snipers Link so you can bookmark it

6 player only due to minimal respawn points.

You respawn on top of a windmill & all you have is the heavy sniper.

I need to test it properly with a few of ye though.

EDIT: Half tested it there, really need at least 4 people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement