Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RisteardM

So I'm going into first year in NUIM and I have applied for on campus accommodation but I don't think I will get it so I'm searching for a house to rent. If anybody has space or knows anybody who is looking for someone to live with them then please let me know. If i dont find somewhere soon it looks like i will have to live in Dublin. Would that be to far to commute everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

RisteardM wrote: »
    So I'm going into first year in NUIM and I have applied for on campus accommodation but I don't think I will get it so I'm searching for a house to rent. If anybody has space or knows anybody who is looking for someone to live with them then please let me know. If i dont find somewhere soon it looks like i will have to live in Dublin. Would that be to far to commute everyday?

Depends where in Dublin would you live. Commuting from Conolly station isn't too bad. But say if you would live somwhere where you would have to get a bus to get you to Conolly station because there is no dart. It may even take you 1,5 hours (one way) to commute to Maynooth.

Once I was living in north dublin so it took me 15-20 min to get to Conolly station and than another 30 min to get to maynooth. Plus you have to walk to the stations, college etc. I had to wake up at 6 o'clock to be there for 9am lecture :P so not the best option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 queenie154

Hey,

It really depends on the landlord you go with; some who cater mostly to students, will give college months. Other places cater to students, phd's, commuters, and maynoothians; most of these places are a years contract. As far as I know all the accomindation above Dunnes store is yearly, and some of the nicer houses, but it really depends on the landlord. It's hard for them to get people during the summer months and they know accomindation is lacking so I'm guessing the savvy minded are getting as much for their buck as they can.

I think if you look at the college accomindation list it'll say yearly or college term. A lot of the good accomindation was taken by continuing students. There was a mad frenzy in May
    What about for digs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot77531

going into 1st year (hopefully) finding it hard to find anything apart from digs... anyone know of any rooms(apart from digs) going let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

going into 1st year (hopefully) finding it hard to find anything apart from digs... anyone know of any rooms(apart from digs) going let me know!

Same as what I asked. No real answer was given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot77531

lost at this stage... really don't want to go into digs.. praying i get campus tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

lost at this stage... really don't want to go into digs.. praying i get campus tomorrow!

Stop I'm the same ha. Dunno what'll happen if I don't. Plus knowing my luck I wont!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

From the 1st of september we have a room available in Leixlip , smokers and lads preffered, its a house for sociable people who are laid back, train station (leixlip louisa bridge - 1 stop to maynooth) and the 66 bus stop are 3 mins walk from the house , 300 a month + bills . PM Me for more details.

Preference given to people who can stay for 12 months and don't go home every weekend but we're flexible on that. Currently 3 lads aged 22-24 living in the house but were not too concerned about age.

Cathedral_Rent_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 femmeXfatale

queenie154 wrote: »
    What about for digs?

From what I know, digs are just for college months, I've never heard anyone staying past the college term. Ask the landlord to be 100% though!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

Got the offer and acceptance of NUI Maynooth today and so the race for accommodation is on, I'm looking for off campus private renting, not family shared digs!
    Anyone out there know of anywhere that would suit?
    Preferably under €100 a week, 2 bedroom minimum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

NUIAL wrote: »
    Hey there!

My friend and I are living about 5/10 mins (walking) away from college and need someone to share a twin room! We're going into second year and its €80 a week and in a class location! I know a twin room isn't ideal but we also all know how hard it is to get a place, but sure we'd have the craic and be fun to live with :) We're both tidy and clean, friendly and up for a laugh. Message me if you're interested! :)

Is this still available? If so PM please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hi guys I've found some decent houses at reasonable prices but I need some room-mates. :) Anyone who is interested PM me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

thelad95 wrote: »
    Hi guys I've found some decent houses at reasonable prices but I need some room-mates. :) Anyone who is interested PM me :D

Argh, meant to PM that!! Sorry

Just on my above post, most of the places in Maynooth itself seem to be gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LadyLyons

I have a room available that may suit a student at NUIM. I am a mature postgrad student and I live in Celbridge. I have a son who lives with me. I want to offer the right person accommodation for a nominal sum, maybe €35 per week to cover costs. I would prefer a female from Munster who would return home every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 queenie154

From what I know, digs are just for college months, I've never heard anyone staying past the college term. Ask the landlord to be 100% though!
    Do you know what the story is with christmas and Easter holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Melissa1996

Hi, I'm an 18 year old female, going studying science in Maynooth this September. I've left it a little late to find accommodation and everywhere seems to be taken but I was hoping someone was in need of a house mate, if anyone has anything to offer please PM me, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Huell1995

19 year old lad going into 1st Year to study Arts in Maynooth. If anyone wants/needs a housemate give me a shout and PM me! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

You don't pay rent in digs for the week/two weeks around Christmas. You do pay rent for the rest of the term. When you find accomodation, before you give the landlord any money, ask to see the lease agreement. It's what you have to commit too. I hear of so many people who give a deposit, see the lease a month later and aren't happy with something but it can be too late.
    Majority of landlords will be more than happy to show you the lease and explain what weeks they expect rent for. I know we have a set timetable and every week required is listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tazmcn

ROOM AVAILABLE in Clauinn Aoibhinn!
    I have a room available to rent for the first semester if anyone is interested.
    Single room in a college house with two girls and one guy.
    A lot of internationals leave after first semester so its a good way to grab a room for first semester and then find another for second.
    PM me if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bored_Girl

1st year going into Arts in Maynooth, wasn't my first choice so i have only just started to look for accommodation, if you know of anything please pm me and let me know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Anyone willing to commute from Lucan?

miissjuly wrote: »
    Anyone willing to commute from Lucan?

People are willing to commute at this stage but what would expenses be like on public transport and how long does it take to get to Maynooth from Lucan? How often do buses run to Maynooth and vice versa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Lots of threads have been merged into this one as it's a Superthread for Accommodation and ain't no-one got time for that*

*that being countless multiple threads all about accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Quinzy

Buses run roughly every half an hour, the 66 and the 67. It takes around 20 minutes to get to Maynooth from Lucan. With a Leap Card your bus fare will cap out at around 20€ per week regardless of how often you travel. You can get more info on that from the Leap Card site. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Quinzy wrote: »
    Buses run roughly every half an hour, the 66 and the 67. It takes around 20 minutes to get to Maynooth from Lucan. With a Leap Card your bus fare will cap out at around 20€ per week regardless of how often you travel. You can get more info on that from the Leap Card site. :)

It's cheaper to pre pay for 30 days travel, it works out at €100 for six weeks if you're in for 5 days each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beeatrixx

I've been looking for houses and I'm starting to think that rather than trying to find a room in a house it might be a better idea to team up with a few people and get a house together. I can't post the link here cos I'm a new used but I have a link to a house if people want to PM me about it?
    It's in Clonfert, I actually don't know how far from Maynooth that is :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

You'd want to be driving to get to Maynooth. Very back o beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Firinneg

Anyone looking for a house mate? Getting desperate at this point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Firinneg

I've found a place but need another person (preferably first year female) to share with,€95 a week, 5 mins walk away from campus pm me for info :)

Advertisement