Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shelbourne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The camera lens could do with a wiper, it's covered in dust.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Were the cigars not cut already? No cutters were needed??

Is there something you can half smoke it and recut it again?????

(I know NOTHING about cigars)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ooooh I am nervous for him! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Were the cigars not cut already? No cutters were needed??

No they needed cutting as far as I could see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I can't figure out why the guy doing the proposal and the Quinn guy agreed to be on the show!!
    Proper silly madness !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    Is there something you can half smoke it and recut it again?????

(I know NOTHING about cigars)

No need to cut it again in order to relight it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hotel guy: "The flowers worked".

No, the wallet worked.

This programme is too short!!

Lisha wrote: »
    I can't figure out why the guy doing the proposal and the Quinn guy agreed to be on the show!!
    Proper silly madness !

I know! I wouldn't do it for love nor money

I like the theme music :)

• Advertisement

The doorman is very........dour? Dead pan? Unfunny?

Lisha wrote: »
    Proper silly madness !

Wouldn't do it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Who is Mr. Stewart?

deelite wrote: »
    Who is Mr. Stewart?

Some guy who likes to boast about how important he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Yer mans gonna be [snip]

That top hat wearing [snip] on the door needs to make up his mind up on his accent

Wants to be Pierce Brosnan too badly

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Are the Shelbourne paying for this three hour ad? Taxpayers money etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Some very cantankerous opinions on here tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

The doorman is very........dour? Dead pan? Unfunny?
    I think he is very funny. Real Dublin deadpan humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I understand the staff are only earning a living but they're doing absolutely nothing to endear themselves

I understand the staff are only earning a living but they're doing absolutely nothing to endear themselves

Some of the Irish staff seem to be a bit up themselves, but the Eastern European staff seem fairly pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Irish ones are so smug, Id say if their wage packets were broadcast it might deflate them a bit. Tips are probably good for the customer facing ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

We had our christmas party there two years ago and while it was a lovely place the meal took 3 hours from start to finish for 300 people, we didn't go back last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

amdublin wrote: »
    Mod:
    Please lay off the personal abuse/personal criticisms of the staff who work there and the customers

Guys - amdublin's warning still stands. Any more personal abuse/personal criticism of the staff will earn a red card.

I've deleted the last few posts from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I was excited when I heard there was going to be a program about the Shelbourne. It's one of those places I have always wondered what it was like inside. I never had to guts to walk up to the door, I would imagine I would be turned away for not being dressed right or not having a designer bag or something!

I think a one hour show would have been enough in fairness. It would have whetted the appetite, garnered interest in the hotel and raised its profile. But the series seems quite dragged out and the more I watch it the less I like it. The hotel thrived on exclusivity, 5*, grandier and it seems to have "lower" itself to reality tv! The Shelbourne is losing its mystique for me now!

This shelbourne series just screams 'the more money you have the better we will treat you'
    Ffs surely all customers should be valued not just the high end ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's mad that they're stripping down the tables and moving them around while the guests are still in the room.

It seems that the standards in that hotel have been set by somebody with an acute case of anal retentiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Are they using the term 'associates' for the staff, their colleagues?

Felt sorry for the guy in the private dining room having to redo the table as there was one less for dinner!

It seems that the standards in that hotel have been set by somebody with an acute case of anal retentiveness.

Have to say it pleases me greatly. I like symmetry :):)

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Are they really using the term 'associates' for the staff, their colleagues?

Pfizer say 'colleagues'

Advertisement