Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shelbourne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lisha wrote: »
    Pfizer say 'colleagues'
    So do we! Never heard associates used in that context before...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Poochie05 wrote: »

Felt sorry for the guy in the private dining room having to redo the table as there was one less for dinner!

I get what you're saying, but it would look more symmetrical to rearrange the place settings, rather than leave a space.

I stayed in The Shelbourne, a few times, many moons ago.
    Have some great memories of the place- would definitely recommend it.
    It's quite unique and incredibly special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Poochie05 wrote: »
    So do we! Never heard associates used in that context before...

TK Maxx call their workers "associates"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I get what you're saying, but it would look more symmetrical to rearrange the place settings, rather than leave a space.

I stayed in The Shelbourne, a few times, many moons ago.
    Have some great memories of the place- would definitely recommend it.
    It's quite unique and incredibly special.

Oh definitely the table had to be reset, I'm all for symmetry myself, even those 2 headboards at different heights in the refurbished bedroom were really annoying. Just felt sorry for him, after all the time he put in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

This actually had the opposite effect on me that I presume the makers of the show intended - it put me off the hotel. It's a reality show about a high class hotel, yet it managed to contain more self aggrandising, cringeworthy waffle wrapped up in 30 mins than I've seen in a long time.

To be honest a lot of this was down to the narration and the talking heads, which at ever turn tried to stress 'this is the Shelbourne and we do things differently round here and DON'T YOU FORGET THAT!' with even the most basic things like a snagging list, like the concept of that was so alien to the silly viewers.

I'd also agree with some of the previous post about their worrying tendency to stress how they seem to love a good celeb client over mere mortals.

I watched a very similar show on BBC a year or two back on Claridges and my thoughts were "man I'd love to stay there some day, maybe an anniversary or a birthday....."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Was at a wedding there recently. Absolutely horrified when I was at the bar towards the end of the evening, ordered drinks, one of which was a pint of Heineken. Half way through pouring it, the keg ran out. Rather than apologise and say be right back, just gonna change it, the barlady proceeded to open a bottle of Heineken, fill the remaining half of the class with the bottle and just hand it to me, saying nothing......

If this passes for 5 star customer service..........

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

vidor wrote: »
    This. How much would this hotel be paying for a little pr stunt like this? Can't believe they managed to make 6 eps out of it.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jesuisjules

Some guy who likes to boast about how important he is.

he's my fiance! about to be husband! i've just seen this thread! he didn't agree to be on TV, they told him it was for marketing material and we could have the DVD.. he doesn't think he is important at all, people are so narky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

he's my fiance! about to be husband! i've just seen this thread! he didn't agree to be on TV, they told him it was for marketing material and we could have the DVD.. he doesn't think he is important at all, people are so narky!

Considering your soon to be husband has been named on the thread, You are giving away a lot of personal information in your first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Can we all come to the wedding?

• Advertisement

Can we all come to the wedding?

I wonder at what Hotel will the reception be held ?

brian_t wrote: »
    Considering your soon to be husband has been named on the thread, You are giving away a lot of personal information in your first post.

sorry but he was named in the programe if you watched it? and i have given away nothing except that he didn't arrange our proposal to be a TV stunt, he was mislead on what the footage would be used for, in spite of this we are now delighted to have the footage and had really nice comments from 99% of the people who commented on it, but there will always be jealous people out there I suppose.

https://twitter.com/theshelbourne/status/499997977080262656

Seems like you knew it was going to be on the TV?

em yes we did, after the proposal had happened and we asked for the DVD footage to show our family, we were then informed it would be on a new program for RTE, I'm only on this thread as someone sent me a lovely message just yesterday saying their work colleague was inspired by the idea of the 1000 roses and phoned the Shelbourne to do something similar, I then came across this, but it's amusing people will try to run you down by making out you wanted to be on Irish TV!

em yes we did, after the proposal had happened and we asked for the DVD footage to show our family, we were then informed it would be on a new program for RTE, I'm only on this thread as someone sent me a lovely message just yesterday saying their work colleague was inspired by the idea of the 1000 roses and phoned the Shelbourne to do something similar, I then came across this, but it's amusing people will try to run you down by making out you wanted to be on Irish TV!

Great to have you on the thread!

Glad to hear that you are happy with the footage - it's nice that you will have it forever. Not many people have video like this of their engagement.

Sweet to hear that you smile as you go past The Shelnbourne now (nice memory I'm sure)- would you consider this venue for your wedding?

Glad to hear that you are happy with the footage - it's nice that you will have it forever. Not many people have video like this of their engagement.

Sweet to hear that you smile as you go past The Shelnbourne now (nice memory I'm sure)- would you consider this venue for your wedding?

Thank you! we certainly would have considered it but already had a venue in my mind before we got engaged, we are getting married in Tankardstown House in September and often go into the Shelbourne for a drink where we are always treated very well! it holds a really nice memory for us!

Thank you! we certainly would have considered it but already had a venue in my mind before we got engaged, we are getting married in Tankardstown House in September and often go into the Shelbourne for a drink where we are always treated very well! it holds a really nice memory for us!

:)

Best wishes to you and the hubby to be - hope you have a lovely wedding in Tankardstown House

:)
    Best wishes to you and the hubby to be - hope you have a lovely wedding in Tankardstown House

Thank you so much! We hope so too!!! :):):)

i have given away nothing .

I was just pointing that your real identity can be easily worked out from the post.

Most posters prefer to retain an air of anonymity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Did your fiancé enjoy the filming experience?! And then his tv debut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He didn't agree to be on TV? So, they just put him on TV without his permission then? :rolleyes:

He didn't agree to be on TV? So, they just put him on TV without his permission then? :rolleyes:

My neighbours didn't agree to have their wedding photos in RSVP or one of them but they somehow got them and published them... Same happened a girl in work...seems to be rife...

The second series starts on RTÉ One at 8:30pm on Thursday 5th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bump for this, it starts at 8.30pm tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bump for this, it starts at 8.30pm tonight

Yahoo!

That is one expensive stock room!!!!!!

Who's the new narrator??? I miss the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That style director or whatever she's called has a really irritating way of reading her lines to the camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

amdublin wrote: »
    Who's the new narrator??? I miss the old one.

Sounds like BiBi Baskin

• Advertisement

That's not the zest of the lemon dude

Advertisement