Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed - Unity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

The gameplay trailers they just released look unbelievable. The multiplayer too looks exceptional. Almost an excuse to buy the next-gen console for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Here are the two gameplay videos

Single Player

Commented Co-Op

• Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My concern is how playable is it in single-player only? I'd rather not be playing through the game in single-player and being constantly reminded that it was designed for 4 players.

Too much hassle trying to organise times to play etc with other people, or not being able to progress if you're ahead of them in the story or whatever.

I'm skeptical. The game does look fantastic, but how it works in practice will be a deciding factor. This may become the first main-title AC game I skip.

Penn wrote: »
    My concern is how playable is it in single-player only? I'd rather not be playing through the game in single-player and being constantly reminded that it was designed for 4 players.

Too much hassle trying to organise times to play etc with other people, or not being able to progress if you're ahead of them in the story or whatever.

I'm skeptical. The game does look fantastic, but how it works in practice will be a deciding factor. This may become the first main-title AC game I skip.

Heres some info about Co-op
    The game's new co-op missions are optional, all story-based, but can be played solo, too. You find them in the game world. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved. P
    There is no competitive multiplayer mode in Unity, the first time a big new AC will lack that since 2010's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    There's a crouch button.

Along with a very detailed FAQ about the game
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/10/assassins-creed-unity-faq-answers-all-your-questions-about-story-co-op-next-gen-graphics-and-more/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

New trailer is out for Bastille day, it continues to impress me. Still have reservations about the main character, nothing about him seems to suggest much personality beyond what Connor had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Looks great. Paris is the perfect city for a parkour game. One thing that stands out from the other games is how its possible to descend the side of a building in the free run style, this will really add more fluidity to the game as a whole. Nothing worse than trying to descend by hanging from a ledge and dropping down. Also I think the AC games are whole lot better when they are set in Old Cities unlike AC3

Currently playing through AC3 and Boston and New York are just doing nothing at all for me. Connor is boring i could take him or leave him, with the templar's being the most interesting of all the characters in the game. I played abit of Black Flag on the 360 but had to trade it in cause of the terrible framerate. Now playing AC3 on PC the whole time i just wish i was playing Black Flag :rolleyes: Will grab Black Flag in the steam Xmas sale for sure.

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest :D

New info on the game from Game Informer
    Skill leveling is in, and you can choose to drop points in stealth, combat, or navigation. You could potentially make a tank who is awesome at fighting, or a better stealth player.
    You can now customize your legs, boots, forearms, chest, hood, and mask. And the armor/clothing has attributes like a hood that makes you blend faster in crowds and a belt that allows you to hold more items.
    Co-op missions can be done solo as well and have multiple difficulties. You can also explore the whole world in co-op
    They realized that with the multiplayer in the last games they were essentially making two separate games, and they didn’t want to do that. They noted that people buy the game for the campaign and the added-on multiplayer wasn’t the same experience, so they went back to the drawing board to get co-op in.
    They are using a similar technique as Watch_Dogs for co-op, in your game you are always Arno, and everyone else looks like other brotherhood members, but in their game they are Arno and you look like a brotherhood member (like how you are always Aiden in Watch_Dogs).
    NO MORE AUTO-FAIL MISSIONS! The missions now adapt to what happens when you play and don’t follow any script. There will be changes and consequences for how you handle missions, but no longer will you get desynchronized for being spotted.
    You use the new rapid descend ability from buildings by hitting RT + B. Haystacks still exist, but they found you don’t use them near as often now.
    The interiors really open up the game. You can run into a building to hide from guards, but there may be guards inside too. You can also use interiors for assassinations, hiding in windows, etc.
    You really notice the new 1:1 scale for buildings, and the amount of buildings on the streets seems higher than any of the other games.
    Stealth mode softens your footsteps, but you still move rapidly. Great for sneaking up on guards.
    New cover system makes hiding easier and you can now peek.
    Guards no longer automatically know where you are at all times once alerted, they will now search your last known location which makes it easier to get away and even flank them.
    Combat is now harder. You may be able to beat two or three guys but five is too many. You have to pay attention to what weapons enemies have now. “For the first time, we have boss fights that are about parrying at the right time, making sure you dodge, and not spamming the attack button.”
    The NPC groups now react to each other. Thugs may attack you on sight, but guards/police won’t unless provoked. Police may go after thugs, which means you can lure thugs to the police and watch the police go after them.
    They are starting a “new cycle” with the present day stuff. “You are the protagonist ultimately.” You will understand in the first 20 minutes of the game where they are going with it. It’s “cool” and “very, very surprising.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Those changes all sound like they will make for a better game. Especially the removal of instant fail states in missions. I hope these changes are in AC Rogue too.

The RPG elements look good as well. No more having the same armor but in a different colour **** that has been in all previous games. This will also greatly improve the replay value of the game as people will be able to customise their character to suit their play style.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The GameInformer Video has made me excited for an AC game for the first time in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, now my interest is peaked. The changes sound good, and i'd imagine this is how they're going to seperate Rogue and Unity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

Is Arno supposed to be French or is he a blow in?
    No hint of an accent at all, whereas all the other main protagonist had some form of accent relevant to there nationality.

Sounds too similar to Connor from AC3 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

CatInABox wrote: »
    New trailer is out for Bastille day, it continues to impress me. Still have reservations about the main character, nothing about him seems to suggest much personality beyond what Connor had.

I think the best AC games have a protaganist with plenty of personality. Ezio and Edward were likeable because they had well developed personalities. Altair was a boring gob****e and Connor had all the personality of a brick. They also were the protaganists of the 2 weakest games inthe series.

I hope theres more to this new guy than is shown in the trailers.

customisation screen
    10552562_537329149701332_2316103043504220549_n-512x288.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gamescom trailer of it. Looks quite nice in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭thegame983

Personally Ithink I might be done with the AC series. For me it was the change in stlye of the combat. Up to AC: Revelations you would hold RT and press X/Square to counter an enemy, but in AC3 & 4, they changed it to just pressing B/cirlce. Also, whichever enemy you were targeting was flashing ridiculoulsy in a grey shiny coat of paint.

Just put me off the series too much as I genuinly liked the comabt before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I'm looking forward to this game. No interest in Black Flag but this looks very interesting.

First Assassination mission

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It looks like they've addressed a lot of the free running problems that used to ruin my playing experience. I loved black flag at first but I got sick of it pretty quick.

complete demo of mission shown in ign video

It really shows the improvements in the parkour system especially descending buildings along with how the missions are more non linear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

along with how the missions are more non linear

Thankfully. I enjoyed Black Flag but if I had to play one more "Trail/Eavesdrop this person without being detected" mission, I would have cried. I'm sure there'll be bits of that too in the new game, but at least it won't automatically fail the mission.

Penn wrote: »
    Thankfully. I enjoyed Black Flag but if I had to play one more "Trail/Eavesdrop this person without being detected" mission, I would have cried. I'm sure there'll be bits of that too in the new game, but at least it won't automatically fail the mission.
    Yeah I hated them missions, thankfully they've got rid of auto-fail missions as
    the missions now adapt to what happens when you play and don’t follow any script. The seem to have made it where there are now multiple ways to complete a mission

complete demo of mission shown in ign video

It really shows the improvements in the parkour system especially descending buildings along with how the missions are more non linear

Wait, it's got cats in it now? NEXT-GEN-INSTABUY! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

CatInABox wrote: »
    Wait, it's got cats in it now? NEXT-GEN-INSTABUY! :pac:

AC3 had cats:D

Killinator wrote: »
    AC3 had cats:D

Really? Must have missed it with Connors personality taking up so much of the screen....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Micro-Transactions folks. They seem to be the "pay to speed up progress cause you're too lame to play the game" sort. Still, it's the start of a slippery slope.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Micro-Transactions folks. They seem to be the "pay to speed up progress cause you're too lame to play the game" sort. Still, it's the start of a slippery slope.

Black Flag also had micro transactions where they were used to unlock the locations of all collectibles and buy resources used in upgrading the Jackdaw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As long as it was like Black Flag, i don't mind. It was easy to get all the locations and upgrades, as long as you actually played the game and explored a bit. Never really felt like a grind.

Kiith wrote: »
    As long as it was like Black Flag, i don't mind. It was easy to get all the locations and upgrades, as long as you actually played the game and explored a bit. Never really felt like a grind.
    I think they are only going to be item unlocks so probably weapons and armor. I can get over that, its not preventing you from playing the game but it's there for people that are too lazy to wait to unlock a new item and don't mind paying money for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Shiminay wrote: »

:(

Advertisement