Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

The reason I joined Boards, was I came across this thread by accident, and thought it was all very negative, so because I say something positive you automatically presume I'm related!!!! I was lead to believe that boards was an open form, that positive opinions can be given also, was I wrong.....

welcome to boards, one either learns or is expelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Yes welcome aboard Burstner a bit of positivity badly needed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Good coverage on Tipp FM on the local election count

Have to agree. I think it is very good.

The reason I joined Boards, was I came across this thread by accident, and thought it was all very negative, so because I say something positive you automatically presume I'm related!!!! I was lead to believe that boards was an open form, that positive opinions can be given also, was I wrong.....

welcome to the boards Burstner902.
    I have been a member for years and only post on a rare occasion.
    Lurking about most of the time myself.

please keep posting and take part in all conversations.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

GoodLord wrote: »
    This is what they call coverage:rolleyes:

Good Lord, pardon the pun!

• Advertisement

Mr. G wrote: »
    Good Lord, pardon the pun!

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burstner902

Good coverage on Tipp FM on the local election count from what I can see. Can't understand the speed with which people are on to knock the station. Are there ex presenters with an axe to grind posting here by any chance or am I just paranoid :-)

Then that makes 2 of us, such a shame if that is so, life is for living not for knocking the people trying to live it!!!!!!

Then that makes 2 of us, such a shame if that is so, life is for living not for knocking the people trying to live it!!!!!!

That's it unfortunately in Ireland there are a lot of people who won't do anything themselves but can't wait to knock the attempts of others. Hurlers on the ditch is the term for them I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burstner902

Thanks for all the welcomes folks

I was waiting for the tipp-cashel result last night, and it went on and on at the count centre.

Tipp FM were broadcasting until the last count came in at 3:30am.

So to be fair, great coverage of the local elections from TippFM.

I had the radio on in the leaba, so missed some of it as i was snoozing in and out, but from the parts I heard, great discussion and reporting.

Well done Tipp FM:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Good coverage on Tipp FM on the local election count from what I can see. Can't understand the speed with which people are on to knock the station. Are there ex presenters with an axe to grind posting here by any chance or am I just paranoid :-)
    when i wrote there was no coverage there wasn't and i stand over what i said there should be local news at 11 and 12. i have never been involved with tipp fm or any radio

I think the election count did not start until 1pm, so it would be tally counts up until then ?

PacMan wrote: »
    I think the election count did not start until 1pm, so it would be tally counts up until then ?
    it was music

That's right they were hardly going to be reporting tally counts. Listened to it last night brilliant work by Tipp FM well done

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

That's right they were hardly going to be reporting tally counts. Listened to it last night brilliant work by Tipp FM well done
    I was listening until after 3 on Sunday morning. Seamus Martin and some lad in studio stayed with it all night. BTW I think I heard one of them doing a football commentary today. Not much sleep there.

johnplayer wrote: »
    Aaron is pulling in around 50k to his show every morning online . Going on that is it crazy TippFM fired him ?

Its a pity that he has decieded to finish.
    I thought it was good when I listened in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Its a pity that he has decieded to finish.
    I thought it was good when I listened in.

I didn't know he had finished up his internet station,but there was no way he was getting the amount of listeners that was mentioned here.If he was,he would still be broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

What a shame the internet station has closed . Where will the 4 people go now for entertainment in the mornings ?

What a shame the internet station has closed . Where will the 4 people go now for entertainment in the mornings ?
    GAA i mean Tipp FM

:)

• Advertisement

Maybe he will be back on an FM station again?

I heard Tipp FM listenership figures are down. Do you know if that is true

TippFM loud and clear in North Kerry today . Listening to Fran Curry

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

As if the poor put upon people of North Kerry hadn't enough problems.

GoodLord wrote: »
    I heard Tipp FM listenership figures are down. Do you know if that is true

JNLR results wave 2 for 2014 are due out this Thursday at lunchtime,so we should know how they are doing then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Radioshed

Listened to yesterday down again from a one time high of 56% to 34% (-2%) and Market share down again to 42.1% (-6.9%)
    The Denis O Sullivan and Norman Morrissey effect is being felt i would imagine.

Radioshed wrote: »
    Listened to yesterday down again from a one time high of 56% to 34% (-2%) and Market share down again to 42.1% (-6.9%)
    The Denis O Sullivan and Norman Morrissey effect is being felt i would imagine.
    thats not what they say http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/tipp_fm_remains_top_of_your_dial

The press release is all true but there's a huge huge fall in share which is the most worrying . There has been a massive fall out year on year . The changes made by ClareFM are starting to be felt . Unless they address the haemorrhage they could see another 6.9 share drop this time next year and then the **** will really hit the fan .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Radioshed

That would be correct, in fact more like 44,000 and the most listened to in the county, as are all the other stations in their own respected areas, say for example if you live in Galway most people in Galway are going to listen to their own radio station as are the listeners in Wexford. Worrying drop from when that figure was more like 60,000 plus. Hope they can stop the rot, cos in 2 more surveys they could easily be in the high 20s and that would be disastrous IMO

• Advertisement

That "On your wavelength" sounds so dated....The station really needs a big overhaul,starting with the imaging.What happens if they keep going down? Will county Clare get bigger? They just don't seem to have strong enough presenters.They promo the crap out of everything...

Advertisement