Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

When he started he had some sponsorship on the site.I don't see any now...The listener count,I wouldn't believe.

Face bookers. I'm back on the radio join tomo morning from 10 am till 12 midday Monday to Friday on South tipp general hospital radio on 93.7 fm which you can hear it all over Clonmel and as far as cahir to Carrick on suir or you can downlo...ad app (STGHR) free and hear me anywhere in the county on your smart phone. I'll be playing the hits and great memories and keeping the mid morning madness going, I was so honoured To be ask to join such a professional crew
    And a great warm welcome from staff of the hospital, it's going to be great craic you won't know what I could get up to so let's see how much trouble I can get into, spread the word it's the return of the MAC WayhaySee more
    One of the former breakfast presenters of Tipp FM, has joined the team at South Tipperary General Hospital Radio.

Aiden Mac is returning to the Tipp FM breakfast show.Heard a promo this morning............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Great to have the mac back on tipp fm

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Great to have the mac back on tipp fm

They don't sound too comfortable in air ? He's a bit too " crazy " and " I'm mad " for me .

johnplayer wrote: »
    They don't sound too comfortable in air ? He's a bit too " crazy " and " I'm mad " for me .

You said a few posts back, that you would be switching to the hospital radio because he was on it.Now you say he is not for you? Things must be bad when they had to bring him back,all that shouting and roaring in the morning.Maybe Aaron will be next;)

• Advertisement

DT100 wrote: »
    You said a few posts back, that you would be switching to the hospital radio because he was on it.Now you say he is not for you? Things must be bad when they had to bring him back,all that shouting and roaring in the morning.Maybe Aaron will be next;)

Pervious post was tongue in cheek . Thought it smacked of that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

They try to localise national news . This story translates as Tipperary motorists who....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Tipp FM have a good section on their website showing a map of local electoral areas and info on the candidates running and the number of seats in each electoral area.

http://www.tippfm.com/pages/electoral_areas_2014

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

DT100 wrote: »
    they still have the same old jingle "where are ya mac?" And he still loves the sound of his loud voice. Good switching off time

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tipp FM have a good section on their website showing a map of local electoral areas and info on the candidates running and the number of seats in each electoral area.

Careful now nothing positive about tipp fm on here you'll upset the regulars :-)

• Advertisement

I think there's a lot of positives about TippFM personally .

johnplayer wrote: »
    I think there's a lot of positives about TippFM personally .

I agree but I reckon we'd be in the minority here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I can't bear Tony's Shades of Green show. Make sure you say you're from somewhere outside of Tipp and he'll mention you.

Heavy promos all the time just puts it too far and takes away from the quality of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

If I was a candidate in any of the electoral areas I'd be pretty pissed off at the way these pages are laid out.

How was it decided which candidates made it to the picture page for each area, this is showing a bias towards those particular candidates, intentional or not.

If you're going to have pages like this you should endeavour to be fair and impartial to all candidates.

To put it mildly its's a clusterfluck of ineptitude.

If I was a candidate in any of the electoral areas I'd be pretty pissed off at the way these pages are laid out.

How was it decided which candidates made it to the picture page for each area, this is showing a bias towards those particular candidates, intentional or not.

If you're going to have pages like this you should endeavour to be fair and impartial to all candidates.

To put it mildly its's a clusterfluck of ineptitude.

I would venture to guess that any candidate who submitted a photo by a certain deadline had it published.

If any candidate has an issue with this website they can have recourse to the Broadcasting Authority and they should do so.

The Electoral Commission may also have a role to play if there is unfairness involved.

My guess is that certain candidates did not submit a photo before a deadline.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

I would venture to guess that any candidate who submitted a photo by a certain deadline had it published.

If any candidate has an issue with this website they can have recourse to the Broadcasting Authority and they should do so.

The Electoral Commission may also have a role to play if there is unfairness involved.

My guess is that certain candidates did not submit a photo before a deadline.
    It was said today that 6 candidates would not/could not take part in debate. Maybe that is why their pics are not there? I don't know how many are missing.Edit I do not see any photos at all

GoodLord wrote: »
    It was said today that 6 candidates would not/could not take part in debate. Maybe that is why their pics are not there? I don't know how many are missing.Edit I do not see any photos at all

Presently on the website

Area:

Clonmel/Cahir........15 candidates with photos........... 5 without photos

Templemore/Thurles....6 candidates with photos........12 without photos

Nenagh.................12 candidates with photos...........8 without photos

Carrick-on-Suir/Fethard.......5 candidates photos........7 without photos

Tipperary/Cashel.........1 candidate with a photo.......14 without photos

Presently on the website

Area:

Clonmel/Cahir........15 candidates with photos........... 5 without photos

Templemore/Thurles....6 candidates with photos........12 without photos

Nenagh.................12 candidates with photos...........8 without photos

Carrick-on-Suir/Fethard.......5 candidates photos........7 without photos

Tipperary/Cashel.........1 candidate with a photo.......14 without photos
    my ad block was blocking all photos

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burstner902

they still have the same old jingle "where are ya mac?" And he still loves the sound of his loud voice. Good switching off time

Hi all, I'm new here, I felt I had to add my two penny's worth..

I think he's great, (no I'm not his mam/dad) there's no airs and graces about him, the word on the street is he is very popular, Do I think himself and the girl gel, no not really, but he's great with the public and that at the end of the day will bring the listeners and in turn the revenue, but I guess the JNLR will tell more.

Hi all, I'm new here, I felt I had to add my two penny's worth..

I think he's great, (no I'm not his mam/dad) there's no airs and graces about him, the word on the street is he is very popular, Do I think himself and the girl gel, no not really, but he's great with the public and that at the end of the day will bring the listeners and in turn the revenue, but I guess the JNLR will tell more.
    i'd say you are some relation first post is to praise him

• Advertisement

i'd say you are some relation first post is to praise him

The reason I joined Boards, was I came across this thread by accident, and thought it was all very negative, so because I say something positive you automatically presume I'm related!!!! I was lead to believe that boards was an open form, that positive opinions can be given also, was I wrong.....

The reason I joined Boards, was I came across this thread by accident, and thought it was all very negative, so because I say something positive you automatically presume I'm related!!!! I was lead to believe that boards was an open form, that positive opinions can be given also, was I wrong.....
    iwas only joking

iwas only joking

Ok I guess I learnt a lesson there, think before I type lol

Ok I guess I learnt a lesson there, think before I type lol
    ok no problem

No local news of local election on either 11 am or 12 noon news. Some joke of a station. Thank God for RTE radio

No local news of local election on either 11 am or 12 noon news. Some joke of a station. Thank God for RTE radio

And also to Newstalk.

That's bad going..jaysus I remember listening to the pirate in the westgate years ago.they used to have live show from the counts.I wonder what those who paved the way for what we have now,would think of the current setup?

This is what they call coverage:rolleyes:

TippFM live now at count

• Advertisement

Good coverage on Tipp FM on the local election count from what I can see. Can't understand the speed with which people are on to knock the station. Are there ex presenters with an axe to grind posting here by any chance or am I just paranoid :-)

Advertisement