Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭seananigans

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No coming back for Waterford now I feel

Wexford support out numbering us here.

We need a big change in Waterford next year

Have played the best since the start of the year, in addition a goal down with a half to go is feck all.

Knock it off for 5 minutes and you better shut up for a few months if we win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Ffs game over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Fu€king piss poor defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

how many big hero shots are they after trying to score from the 65....... yesssssssssss they got a goal

Great goal come on now :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

And another :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

No coming back for Waterford now I feel

Wexford support out numbering us here.

We need a big change in Waterford next year

Ok someone has to say it and it will probably result in a ban but I'm willing to take it for the sake of the forum but...<SNIP>

Mod: Happy to oblige - enjoy your time off

thank feck for their wides or we'd be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Score now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Score now ?

Wexford 24 Waterford 21 with time nearly up.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement

And another step backwards for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Was too easy at times for the Wexford backs. Had to throw Prendergast on again to try win some possession. Second and third Wexford goals were soft.

Last year we saw one of the best and most defiant Waterford performances for years against Kilkenny in Thurles.Kilkenny mightn't have been at their best but they were still Kilkenny.Waterford looked such a well organised and well drilled team that night.They played with such heart and passion but they didn't have the firepower to put Kilkenny away.However a certain minority in the county (who had it in for Michael Ryan from day one) decided it best to make Michael Ryan the fall guy for the defeat and he got shafted.The supporters of the decision to shaft Michael Ryan (a lot of whom have spent the last few months dragging a good mans name through the mud) said that morale failures weren't good enough and that we will get rid of Michael Ryan and we will be parading Liam McCarthy down the quay again.What i find so hilarious is that these very same people will be trying desperately to put a positive spin on a year that Waterford got relegated from the top division in the league.This management team also dragged Waterford back to the dark ages with a hammering against Cork in munster.Now to be fair Waterford drew the first game against Cork when they probably should have won but i will take the same view here that certain people took after the Kilkenny game last year.Not good enough it's all about getting the job done and Waterford didn't and now this evening Waterford would have been well beaten by a spirited but limited Wexford team if it wasn't for their appalling shooting.I take no pleasure in writing this because when Cork aren't the opposition i always want Waterford to win but i am delighted that poisonous and hate filled individuals like Saturdays Man who delighted in belittling and humiliating great Waterford GAA men like Michael Ryan and Peter Queally have plenty of egg on their faces this evening.Someone throw them a towel please.Waterford hurling is being dragged back into the stone age by this quite clearly clueless and incompetent management team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Could do with a few forwards as well straight talker and a functioning full back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

jesus man, do you even follow county hurling at all?! not to mind club hurling which evidently you do not.

ill take u up on a few points here even though i feel im wasting my time after your highly ill informed and frankly ignorant comments;

1. paudie mahoney is the best club player in waterford last 3-4 years, has carried bgunner single handedly at senior level (that is senior club now not junior b divisional fas course stuff that you prob involve yourself with) - cue name dropping in reply.

2. it isnt just derek here, he has selectors too, dan shanahan, frank flannery and willie maher, 3 out of those 4 are highly respected coaches all throughout munster and the 4th is a legendary player from our greatest period in hurling. yet there is very much a throw the sihte at derek vibe on here. Just cos he hasnt come out yet and said "the management didnt hit the wides"

3. shane o sullivan under davy fitz was one of best midfielders in the country and v unlucky not to get an all star in 2009 i think it was, he had a super year then, he hasnt been at that level since and being frank about it i would question his position at times this year, infact he did stink the place up for periods against cork, but then i refer to point 2. if those men think he is good enough then he will play and if he is good enough for them then he is good enough for me & to be honest no better man to graft for you and put his shoulder down, he may not be the quickest, or the flashiest but he does a job and i have every confidence he will do another one saturday and will reserve judgement until then. But i presume he is training well and there fore that is why he is selected not some unseen blind loyalty you are pointing to, if thats the case why hasnt dan got maurice on the team?!

4. So what about the sihtty u21!?! the senior is a dam site more important saturday, the fact queally couldnt organise around it is more an inditement on him as a manager in his place in authority then it is on dillon. I am sure he was picked on senior team before u21 and there his priority lies. Again he has been a top top player for dls last 3-4 years if you followed local hurling you would know this and is more then worth his place on team, hurled v well in the fitz for wit but has struggled with form and injury since, if u doubt his ability and credentials then you my good man need to come in out of fog.

5. did mahoney not score 3pts from play in the last two games he played against cork (2 first day and 1 second?) that is more then colin dunford and shane walsh combined in both games yet mahoney gets the flack???! come off it pal will you engage the brain, get the stats and deal the facts before engaging the mouth and keyboard.... infact between dunford, walsh and prendergast only 4 pts scored inthose 2 games, mahoney has 3! Not counting laois game as it wasnt against a div1 side

6. horses for courses, really and truly on the total balance of club and county over last 3 years u think molumphy is a better option then sullivan? i would disagree, i will say shane has been poor this year so far but that isnt a true reflection on a guy that has been on county senior hurling panel since 2004! 10 years 4 different managers and each one of them played him in championship! Not too mention winning club championships and fitzgibbon cup championships, personally i think davy fitz, colm bonnar, justin mccarthy, derek mcgrath and ger cunninghams trained and educated hurling eyes and brains are a dam site better then yours, they all had shane playing on all victorious teams.

be more in your line, kept your keyboard quiet until after saturday evening, if they are beaten they are beaten and especially if they go about it negatively. but what if they go out and go 15 on 15 and are still beaten? is that specifically dereks fault then?

I am confident waterford will win, not alone win but by at least 5-6 points. I will be there supporting them in the stand or terrace wherever i get a ticket for and if they lose i wont be booing them off, i am not a soccer hooligan or a fundamentalist, it isnt a gaa thing to boo off amateurs who try their best, nor is it in my interest to abuse mgmt or individuals, if criticism needs to come fine, if questions need to be asked fine, but in a constructive manner. What boo them because they dont play the free flowing hurling we are supposedly entitled to?!

come on lad we only found our way to croke park 15 years or so ago put it in perspective we have some good young lads coming too, progress this year be an all ire q final or even a semi, but to get to croker be a serious achievement. go have a few bottles of pop for yourself saturday and a bag of chips after, go up with a bit of hope in your heart and not hate and support your county with gusto and stranger things have happened, shane and the rest of county team might surprise you and you can hold your cyncism for another day ;)

Care to re-evaluate the above rubbish now?

Do the team do any defensive work because all year their defence have been non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Let me guess, "give McGrath time". Pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

And another step backwards for another year

What about that dress? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

obezyana wrote: »
    Do the team do any defensive work because all year their defence have been non existent.

All our problems in defence emanated from the half forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

Poor game alround......2 limited teams. Wexford had more drive about them and probably deserved to win despit some woeful shooting. Waterford's defence was at times very poor. The refereeing was also of a low standard......he was awarding frees for very little but wasnt doing so consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A season to forget for us. Hard to knw where we will go from here

Maybe a new approach should be looked at.

At least we have Tuesday nites Munster final to look forward too. Maybe we mite get a trip to Croke park yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

A season to forget for us. Hard to knw where we will go from here

Maybe a new approach should be looked at.

Have lo
    I'm sure you're delighted anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

We're lucky we got to play Laois in Walsh park or we would have had no championship win this year. Well the players got rid of a manager who had us playing some form of hurling to this. Didn't even make the quarter finals playing against a team on the go for the last three weeks and we have 1B hurling to look forward to next year also. To listen to Willie Maher's post match comments saying we were the 6th or 7th best team in the country at the start of the year and we are still there, was galling. Is he taking the p*ss altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

redlead wrote: »
    I'm sure you're delighted anyway

I'm not delighted I'm gutted, I say things I don't mean and only say them because I'm always wrong and when it comes to hurling I always say negative things hoping I'm wrong.

This year lost a family member through illness and the gaa is helping me get over it

I'm a good Waterford supporter

I'm just angry that we won't have another day out

I'm sorry if I offended anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Disappointed at display but we can have no complaints lads. Did well to be only 3 down at end. Did not perform at all. Take out Dunfords close range goals and Mahonys frees and very little positives. SOK, Shane Fives, Moran, Dunford and Brick can hold heads high. At least we can get the club championships finished now. On a separate matter, Rachel Wyse.......sweet lord jesus she looked well :)

I'm not delighted I'm gutted, I say things I don't mean and only say them because I'm always wrong and when it comes to hurling I always say negative things hoping I'm wrong.

This year lost a family member through illness and the gaa is helping me get over it

ah your grand. we all say things we regret.
    keep the faith, it will eventually turn around, these things work themselves out

sorry for your troubles too btw

A Wexford team that was playing it's third championship game in two weeks (make that 4 games for their u21 players) ran the legs of Waterford tonight which is a damming indictment on those involved in the physical and fitness preparation of the panel.

I got into hurling at a late age,and I regret it now because never played past primary, but given I'm from Tramore ,prob would'nt have done anything special anyhow

my father is in his late 60's we wnt thorugh a lot the last few years,and when i got into it it really made a difference in how we communicate,and we hvae been as close as we've ever been,when he goes ,it'll remind me of him .

i'm not saying it all should be positive,but it should be constructive, simply saying we're going to lose is not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Sorry for your loss. I thought your comments were hilarious and as it turns out prophetic. Now don't put the kibosh on the minors though.

• Advertisement

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss. I thought your comments were hilarious and as it turns out prophetic. Now don't put the kibosh on the minors though.

best day out of last summer was in ashbourne, were 23 points up at half time, 500 waterford people in a bar ignoring the match on the pitch and cheering on Cork against KK ,pure magic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement