Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Wexford in the All Ireland Qualifiers in Nowlan Park, Kilkenny on Saturday evening has been named following training tonight.

1 Stephen O Keeffe Ballygunner
    2 Shane Fives Carrigtwohill
    3 Liam Lawlor Fourmilewater
    4 Noel Connors Passage
    5 Darragh Fives Tourin
    6 Kevin Moran De La Salle
    7 Tadgh de Burca Clashmore / Kinsalebeg
    8 Michael Walsh Stradbally Captain
    9 Padraig Prendergast Lismore
    10 Shane O’Sullivan Ballygunner
    11 Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    12 Austin Gleeson Mount Sion
    13 Colin Dunford Colligan
    14 Shane Walsh Fourmilewater
    15 Jake Dillon De La Salle

Not a bad team if we were to play 15 v 15. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dancing on the crossroads will be on everywhere in Wexford saturday night

Cant see us winning with the team that is going out

Liam Griffin and Liam Dunne has his homework done on us

Wexford by 10 points

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

robopaddy wrote: »
    I don't have too many issues with that team to be honest. What changes would you make? Glad to see PP get a chance

Its the system I have issue with. I'm glad Bennett isn't starting as suggested. What would be the point blowing another young lads confidence by isolating him in a full forward line where 2 or 3 defenders would just hop off him everytime the ball comes in

Talking to lads on the panel, Stevie Molomphy is absolutely flying in training.

Are you seriously telling me that he wouldn't make more of a contribution than those two lads on Saturday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Wexford in the All Ireland Qualifiers in Nowlan Park, Kilkenny on Saturday evening has been named following training tonight.

4 Noel Connors Passage
    5 Darragh Fives Tourin

Stephen Molumphy seems to have fallen out of favour with management. Didn't see any action against Laois and not starting Saturday either. Great man to win dirty ball. Should be a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dancing on the crossroads will be on everywhere in Wexford saturday night

Cant see us winning with the team that is going out

Liam Griffin and Liam Dunne has his homework done on us

Wexford by 10 points
    Try sleeping on the other side of your bed

• Advertisement

Stephen Molumphy seems to have fallen out of favour with management. Didn't see any action against Laois and not starting Saturday either. Great man to win dirty ball. Should be a starter.

Agreed!

You have a proven leader and All Star being set aside for lads who have gone to school under Derek McGrath in De La Salle.

It's just wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Not a bad team if we were to play 15 v 15. Here's hoping.

that's it...prob not a bad team....but you know and everyone else knows....it will be the usual negative tactics...
    tbh you wouldn't even enjoy going to watch it.....at least losing and playing well and giving there all (see Kilkenny game etc last year).....you wouldn't mind as much
    these negative tactics are after being exposed time and time again...what kind of a mess will Waterford hurling be like after three years of this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

4 Noel Connors Passage
    5 Darragh Fives Tourin

Keep Gleeson off Andrew Shore anyway, don't think Shane O Sullivan will make much headway on him either but O'Sullivan getting marked out of the game probably won't lose if for us where as Gleeson being tied up would be a blow.

They probably are going to have to play something similar to the way Clare did with the lack of ball winners. The crucial thing though to have at least 2 in the full forward line at all times, one man is no good.

What Clare did well first half was play fast low ball into the corners in front of their forwards who were out in front. What they did badly was some very loose passing and trying to solo down the wings 30 or 40 yards. Ran into trouble a lot.

Do the good things and less of the bad things and we've a good chance. To be honest I wouldn't fault Clare to much with their approach, I think 13 men definitely cost them though they did lose in added time as well. Think the Wexford goalkeeper is rash and liable to hare off his line.

In terms of match ups, I would have Noelie on McGovern anyway no question. Liam Lawlor marks McDonald by default and he is going to have to bat everything as McDonald has a big strength over him in aerial power.

Chin is a super athlete but don't think his hurling is as sharp as it should be, I would think myself Darragh Fives is ideal for him but not looking like he'll play there.

If Guiney starts, I think Shane Fives should mark him. He got man of the match when he came on the last day but was well marked v Dublin. A better hurler but similar player to Conal Keaney who was cleaned in the relegation final.

The half forward line is certainly more physical but still think midfield will be crucial because we won't win even 35% of the high ball that goes into the half forwards so midfield to the full forward line seems the way to go. I'd be averse to Brick playing there because I don't think he can deliver the type of ball required to the forwards, though at the same time Moran lacks a bit in that department too.

They need Dunford playing off Shane Walsh. He's the only lightning forward there and needs to be on the breaks. Walsh is incredible at getting his body around the ball and will keep it alive in situations he has no right too, and that should be ideal for Dunford. Gleeson also needs to play advanced and be bursting a cut to tear at goal whenever the ball goes into the full forward line.

I would definitely have Molumphy in if fit, seemed obvious the way he played for most of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭deise man

Does anyone else think that Shane and darragh fives should be played further up the field. We badly need ball winners in the half forward line. Surely one of them would be an addition up there. Also agree about shane o Sullivan and jake dillon. They seem to be exempt from a spell on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭seananigans

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/mahony-urges-deise-to-deliver-for-underfire-mcgrath-30438394.html

Mahony urges Deise to deliver for under-fire McGrath

In particular the Ballygunner man feels the team "owe" a performance to their manager Derek McGrath who, he feels, has taken the brunt of the criticism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If the minors lose next week they will play Dublin at 12pm on Sunday 27th july in thurles as the curtain raiser to the senoir quarter finals

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

lads, ffs fellas banging on about ryan here still, if ryan was any good he be with another decent county or a top club, not messing around with some intermediate team in clonmel.

secondly, queally is a bluffer too, same crap as last year negative as an taoiseach, men behind the ball no apparent plan then goes and has a dig at senior set up and that it didnt suit him! god sake man u knew about this game for ages its a reflection on your management skills if you cannot motivate and organise players.

lastly waterford will beat wexford and also limerick of that i am certain. where will the derek mcgrath knockers be then? I cant see them being negative v wexico id understand it against a team of greater ability, but i imagine we will go out and hurl wex 15v15... and beat them.

will that be enough to take from dereks critics? i doubt it....

free the ballymac 1....
    Derek is GOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If the minors lose next week they will play Dublin at 12pm on Sunday 27th july in thurles as the curtain raiser to the senoir quarter finals

But the sky will probably be after falling in by then anyway so wouldn't worry about it

prediction for Sat night...

Paudie Prenderrgast or Colin Dunford to be called ashore after 25 mins to be replaced by Stephen Molomphy or Seamus Prendergast while Shane Sullivan does his Tim Howard Tourette's Syndrom act everytime he gets near a ball and everyone in the crowd is asking is Jake injured or what's up with him.

I never thought I would say this but after 40 years never missing a match, even though I have a ticket, I'm not travelling.

Enough is enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭letowski

I think what Waterford need to do is keep moving around the middle. It's likely that Wexford will set up similarly to the way they played against us. They'll have a sweeper behind they're half back line, mid fielders Chin and Redmond sitting in front. O'Keefe drifts out aswell from wing forward. They'll look to dominate from this area like they did against Clare. Thing is they sometimes leave themselves a bit short up front, so they have to shoot from distance, thus all the wides they hit last weekend.

As I said Waterford have to be moving around mid field, trying to vary their point of attack. If they hit long ball up the field, they'll just get mopped up by Chin, Redmond, Shore, Rossiter, et al. Wexford are well set up and everyone knows their roles in the system. I can't say the same about ye til date. It's a huge game for McGrath and he has to be spot on where he chooses to attack. As a previous poster said, there is space in the corners where Conor McGrath hit alot off scores from, while Conlon last weekend got a few shots of from making cross field runs. Ye're hurling has to be sharp though, not the slugglish stuff Clare were producing.

Ye have to break even in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/mahony-urges-deise-to-deliver-for-underfire-mcgrath-30438394.html

In particular the Ballygunner man feels the team "owe" a performance to their manager Derek McGrath who, he feels, has taken the brunt of the criticism.

Good man paudie,make sure to cement your place by browning your tongue even more!! A f**king farce! Dillon was completely anonymous for the u21,hasn't played well all year,Sullivan is just not intercounty standard but yet here we go again both start. How many more times does McGrath have to keep persevering with these to see they're not up to it. I can genuinely see them being booed off the field sat night if we're beaten such is the rage throughout the county about these selections,not to mention his tactics. Can imagine what molumphy is thinking at the moment he must be raging! This will be nothing short of a battle and you need horses for courses and this would be his forte. Outside of Sullivan throwing his hands up in the air looking for frees what else does he bring to the table?mahony has hid behind the free taking for alot of the championship aswell and needs to up his personal contribution from open play.
    Christ if I wasn't sickened enough after the u21 this has really made me empty reach!! It stinks and is so obvious that either the other selectors have no say or are worse clowns than the one in charge!

So if Sullivan is replaced by Molumphy, who replaces Dillon?

So if Sullivan is replaced by Molumphy, who replaces Dillon?
    Ryan Donnelly, and please leave him in the corner....not like the laois game

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Ryan Donnelly, and please leave him in the corner....not like the laois game

So Ryan Donnelly is a better hurler than Jake Dillon?

So Ryan Donnelly is a better hurler than Jake Dillon?
    Never said that? I thought it was a general question. Jake looked off the pace yesterday and he had strapping on his knee

• Advertisement

Bit of a crap article anyway, it says that its our first championship meeting with Wexford since 03' in nowlan park, obviously overlooking the AI quarter final in Thurles in 08. And look in fairness hes not going to publicly slate the manager anyway at least theres a player coming out with fighting talk thats something lets just see if this can be backed up on Saturday.

Unlike Alf Tupper Im going to give this another chance in the hope that it will all come right for us on Saturday night. I always said that things will be judged at the business end of the championship and this Saturdays game is very much the business end. But if this game ends up like every other game this year I am done.

I hate to keep harping on about skully ryan but i was one of his main berater's here from last year but Id take him back in a heart-beat. I didnt realise what a good man we had at our disposal, went about things the right way in a positive manner. Yes he wasnt perfect but he was going about rectifying his backroom team this year and Ive know doubt we would have kicked on under him. Its a disgrace what happened to him when you think about the absolute tripe we have had to watch this year

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

First off Molumphy is certainly a strange omission, either from midfield or half forward, if he's fit and in form. (Also Robopaddy was right to correct me that we have four former all stars, don't know why I typed five).

I don't get the vehemence about O'Sullivan and Dillon. Back when An Moltoir was doing his stats it showed O'Sullivan got through a lot of work. The O'Sullivan and Foley midfield never got great acclaim but generally held its own against Kilkenny and Tip and bested the rest. He's not a legendary hurler but he's proved over a number of years to be above average. Not playing well this year. Dillon was probably our best forward last year and has struggled for fitness and form this year. I'd have no objections to either being benched but at the same time there's no harm in giving them a chance to get back into form. It's hardly as if we've had 15 lads who were fit and in form.....

Outside Molumphy our options don't scream out for inclusion. I like Shanahan a lot but he's presumably rusty after injury and O'Halloran more so. Beyond winning or losing I really don't want to see anybody playing who's not completely fit. No point in having them injure themselves all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

cul beag wrote: »
    Good man paudie,make sure to cement your place by browning your tongue even more!! A f**king farce! Dillon was completely anonymous for the u21,hasn't played well all year,Sullivan is just not intercounty standard but yet here we go again both start. How many more times does McGrath have to keep persevering with these to see they're not up to it. I can genuinely see them being booed off the field sat night if we're beaten such is the rage throughout the county about these selections,not to mention his tactics. Can imagine what molumphy is thinking at the moment he must be raging! This will be nothing short of a battle and you need horses for courses and this would be his forte. Outside of Sullivan throwing his hands up in the air looking for frees what else does he bring to the table?mahony has hid behind the free taking for alot of the championship aswell and needs to up his personal contribution from open play.
    Christ if I wasn't sickened enough after the u21 this has really made me empty reach!! It stinks and is so obvious that either the other selectors have no say or are worse clowns than the one in charge!

jesus man, do you even follow county hurling at all?! not to mind club hurling which evidently you do not.

ill take u up on a few points here even though i feel im wasting my time after your highly ill informed and frankly ignorant comments;

1. paudie mahoney is the best club player in waterford last 3-4 years, has carried bgunner single handedly at senior level (that is senior club now not junior b divisional fas course stuff that you prob involve yourself with) - cue name dropping in reply.

2. it isnt just derek here, he has selectors too, dan shanahan, frank flannery and willie maher, 3 out of those 4 are highly respected coaches all throughout munster and the 4th is a legendary player from our greatest period in hurling. yet there is very much a throw the sihte at derek vibe on here. Just cos he hasnt come out yet and said "the management didnt hit the wides"

3. shane o sullivan under davy fitz was one of best midfielders in the country and v unlucky not to get an all star in 2009 i think it was, he had a super year then, he hasnt been at that level since and being frank about it i would question his position at times this year, infact he did stink the place up for periods against cork, but then i refer to point 2. if those men think he is good enough then he will play and if he is good enough for them then he is good enough for me & to be honest no better man to graft for you and put his shoulder down, he may not be the quickest, or the flashiest but he does a job and i have every confidence he will do another one saturday and will reserve judgement until then. But i presume he is training well and there fore that is why he is selected not some unseen blind loyalty you are pointing to, if thats the case why hasnt dan got maurice on the team?!

4. So what about the sihtty u21!?! the senior is a dam site more important saturday, the fact queally couldnt organise around it is more an inditement on him as a manager in his place in authority then it is on dillon. I am sure he was picked on senior team before u21 and there his priority lies. Again he has been a top top player for dls last 3-4 years if you followed local hurling you would know this and is more then worth his place on team, hurled v well in the fitz for wit but has struggled with form and injury since, if u doubt his ability and credentials then you my good man need to come in out of fog.

5. did mahoney not score 3pts from play in the last two games he played against cork (2 first day and 1 second?) that is more then colin dunford and shane walsh combined in both games yet mahoney gets the flack???! come off it pal will you engage the brain, get the stats and deal the facts before engaging the mouth and keyboard.... infact between dunford, walsh and prendergast only 4 pts scored inthose 2 games, mahoney has 3! Not counting laois game as it wasnt against a div1 side

6. horses for courses, really and truly on the total balance of club and county over last 3 years u think molumphy is a better option then sullivan? i would disagree, i will say shane has been poor this year so far but that isnt a true reflection on a guy that has been on county senior hurling panel since 2004! 10 years 4 different managers and each one of them played him in championship! Not too mention winning club championships and fitzgibbon cup championships, personally i think davy fitz, colm bonnar, justin mccarthy, derek mcgrath and ger cunninghams trained and educated hurling eyes and brains are a dam site better then yours, they all had shane playing on all victorious teams.

be more in your line, kept your keyboard quiet until after saturday evening, if they are beaten they are beaten and especially if they go about it negatively. but what if they go out and go 15 on 15 and are still beaten? is that specifically dereks fault then?

I am confident waterford will win, not alone win but by at least 5-6 points. I will be there supporting them in the stand or terrace wherever i get a ticket for and if they lose i wont be booing them off, i am not a soccer hooligan or a fundamentalist, it isnt a gaa thing to boo off amateurs who try their best, nor is it in my interest to abuse mgmt or individuals, if criticism needs to come fine, if questions need to be asked fine, but in a constructive manner. What boo them because they dont play the free flowing hurling we are supposedly entitled to?!

come on lad we only found our way to croke park 15 years or so ago put it in perspective we have some good young lads coming too, progress this year be an all ire q final or even a semi, but to get to croker be a serious achievement. go have a few bottles of pop for yourself saturday and a bag of chips after, go up with a bit of hope in your heart and not hate and support your county with gusto and stranger things have happened, shane and the rest of county team might surprise you and you can hold your cyncism for another day ;)

jesus man, do you even follow county hurling at all?! not to mind club hurling which evidently you do not.

ill take u up on a few points here even though i feel im wasting my time after your highly ill informed and frankly ignorant comments;

1. paudie mahoney is the best club player in waterford last 3-4 years, has carried bgunner single handedly at senior level (that is senior club now not junior b divisional fas course stuff that you prob involve yourself with) - cue name dropping in reply.

2. it isnt just derek here, he has selectors too, dan shanahan, frank flannery and willie maher, 3 out of those 4 are highly respected coaches all throughout munster and the 4th is a legendary player from our greatest period in hurling. yet there is very much a throw the sihte at derek vibe on here. Just cos he hasnt come out yet and said "the management didnt hit the wides"

3. shane o sullivan under davy fitz was one of best midfielders in the country and v unlucky not to get an all star in 2009 i think it was, he had a super year then, he hasnt been at that level since and being frank about it i would question his position at times this year, infact he did stink the place up for periods against cork, but then i refer to point 2. if those men think he is good enough then he will play and if he is good enough for them then he is good enough for me & to be honest no better man to graft for you and put his shoulder down, he may not be the quickest, or the flashiest but he does a job and i have every confidence he will do another one saturday and will reserve judgement until then. But i presume he is training well and there fore that is why he is selected not some unseen blind loyalty you are pointing to, if thats the case why hasnt dan got maurice on the team?!

4. So what about the sihtty u21!?! the senior is a dam site more important saturday, the fact queally couldnt organise around it is more an inditement on him as a manager in his place in authority then it is on dillon. I am sure he was picked on senior team before u21 and there his priority lies. Again he has been a top top player for dls last 3-4 years if you followed local hurling you would know this and is more then worth his place on team, hurled v well in the fitz for wit but has struggled with form and injury since, if u doubt his ability and credentials then you my good man need to come in out of fog.

5. did mahoney not score 3pts from play in the last two games he played against cork (2 first day and 1 second?) that is more then colin dunford and shane walsh combined in both games yet mahoney gets the flack???! come off it pal will you engage the brain, get the stats and deal the facts before engaging the mouth and keyboard.... infact between dunford, walsh and prendergast only 4 pts scored inthose 2 games, mahoney has 3! Not counting laois game as it wasnt against a div1 side

6. horses for courses, really and truly on the total balance of club and county over last 3 years u think molumphy is a better option then sullivan? i would disagree, i will say shane has been poor this year so far but that isnt a true reflection on a guy that has been on county senior hurling panel since 2004! 10 years 4 different managers and each one of them played him in championship! Not too mention winning club championships and fitzgibbon cup championships, personally i think davy fitz, colm bonnar, justin mccarthy, derek mcgrath and ger cunninghams trained and educated hurling eyes and brains are a dam site better then yours, they all had shane playing on all victorious teams.

be more in your line, kept your keyboard quiet until after saturday evening, if they are beaten they are beaten and especially if they go about it negatively. but what if they go out and go 15 on 15 and are still beaten? is that specifically dereks fault then?

I am confident waterford will win, not alone win but by at least 5-6 points. I will be there supporting them in the stand or terrace wherever i get a ticket for and if they lose i wont be booing them off, i am not a soccer hooligan or a fundamentalist, it isnt a gaa thing to boo off amateurs who try their best, nor is it in my interest to abuse mgmt or individuals, if criticism needs to come fine, if questions need to be asked fine, but in a constructive manner. What boo them because they dont play the free flowing hurling we are supposedly entitled to?!

come on lad we only found our way to croke park 15 years or so ago put it in perspective we have some good young lads coming too, progress this year be an all ire q final or even a semi, but to get to croker be a serious achievement. go have a few bottles of pop for yourself saturday and a bag of chips after, go up with a bit of hope in your heart and not hate and support your county with gusto and stranger things have happened, shane and the rest of county team might surprise you and you can hold your cyncism for another day ;)

What a crock!

Everyone who knows anything or is involved in hurling in Waterford knows what's going on.

The selectors are split and the players are split and no bullsh*t from Paudie or Jake in Derek's defence is going to cover up this ****.

Brick is the captain, why is it so that it is always Mahony and Dillon are coming out to rally the troops.

Only a complete idiot would compare Stephen Molomphy and Shane Sullivan, in terms of anything.

Molomphy has walked the walk, , lieutenant in the army, , a born leader, an All Star, led a village side from Ballyduff to beat a city Ballygunner outfit with huge numbers, who for once Paul Flynn wasn't there to save.

What has Shane Sullivan and indeed Paudie Mahony ever done, apart from managing to split up Ballygunner by refusing to play for Andy Moloney and Colm Bonner.

The problem is now is that they are trying to do the same with our inter county team and we have a lightweight in charge who will allow them do it.

I can't believe that any self respecting manager would announce publicly that he has taken on an advisor. The problem that the advisor he picked is going to open a whole other can of worms is a debate for another day.

Christ Almighty, I've seen some things in Waterford hurling down through the years but I think Derek McGrath is the biggest ball of piss and wind I have ever come across.

Oh yeah, by the way for yourself who only discovered hurling, Waterford played a senior All Ireland final against Dublin in 1938. As I said in a previous post the Ballygunner crowd were still playing cricket for the local landlords at that time.

I think you will agree it's slightly more than fifteen years ago, but then again, that's when most of the gob****es in Ballygunner think they invented hurling in Waterford.

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    What a crock!

Everyone who knows anything or is involved in hurling in Waterford knows what's going on.

The selectors are split and the players are split and no bullsh*t from Paudie or Jake in Derek's defence is going to cover up this ****.

Brick is the captain, why is it so that it is always Mahony and Dillon are coming out to rally the troops.

Only a complete idiot would compare Stephen Molomphy and Shane Sullivan, in terms of anything.

Molomphy has walked the walk, , lieutenant in the army, , a born leader, an All Star, led a village side from Ballyduff to beat a city Ballygunner outfit with huge numbers, who for once Paul Flynn wasn't there to save.

What has Shane Sullivan and indeed Paudie Mahony ever done, apart from managing to split up Ballygunner by refusing to play for Andy Moloney and Colm Bonner.

The problem is now is that they are trying to do the same with our inter county team and we have a lightweight in charge who will allow them do it.

I can't believe that any self respecting manager would announce publicly that he has taken on an advisor. The problem that the advisor he picked is going to open a whole other can of worms is a debate for another day.

Christ Almighty, I've seen some things in Waterford hurling down through the years but I think Derek McGrath is the biggest ball of piss and wind I have ever come across.

Oh yeah, by the way for yourself who only discovered hurling, Waterford played a senior All Ireland final against Dublin in 1938. As I said in a previous post the Ballygunner crowd were still playing cricket for the local landlords at that time.

I think you will agree it's slightly more than fifteen years ago, but then again, that's when most of the gob****es in Ballygunner think they invented hurling in Waterford.

Ah here go way and wipe your chin...

Your completely missing the point here. Your talking about O'Sullivan v Molumphy like its Glenn Whelan v Messi. Far from it, 2 mediocre hurlers at best. But shur Molumphy a leader among men in the heroic Irish army shur why wouldnt they pick him for his experience in being in the thick of the action on the trenches of the Gaza strip...

Seriously though we all know about your grievance towards Ballygunner at this stage and your non fondness towards cricket. Dosent do anything for this argument really.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

I think for me this Saturday is crunch time for The management.

I'm not pro or against anyone but have become concerned with recent results, particularly the u21 the other evening.

I think the hurlers we have coming through are good but are not big , powerfull athletic type you need at this level. Our forwards are extremely light and I think particlularly against Wexford we will miss M Shanahan as he was able to win his own ball.

Personally Id start Seamy Pender full forward for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭dzilla

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    prediction for Sat night...

Paudie Prenderrgast or Colin Dunford to be called ashore after 25 mins to be replaced by Stephen Molomphy or Seamus Prendergast while Shane Sullivan does his Tim Howard Tourette's Syndrom act everytime he gets near a ball and everyone in the crowd is asking is Jake injured or what's up with him.

I never thought I would say this but after 40 years never missing a match, even though I have a ticket, I'm not travelling.

Enough is enough!!

We've all said it. You will prob miss a potential cracker. Stand is sold out and ther terraces will also probably sell out on the day. I cant remeber the last time we where involved in a championship game where the stand and terraces where jammers... munster in 09/10 maybe. Id head up if i where you, im raging im travelling and will miss it.

The ignorance you yourself accuse me of? If I am involved in a junior B club does that not give me the right to my opinion? Do you have to be from a senior club to have an expert view? As it happens I am on a FAS course through no fault of my own so keep your snotty opinions about that for the Uluru or Becketts or wherever ye drink over there.
    Back to your harebrained defense of my points
    Deal with this yr my good man Sullivan has been chronic. Jake Dillon this year has been chronic. So because of Sullivan been on the panel for 10 yrs,hurled well in 2009,we should start him in 2014?
    Dillon played well in the fitz final- how many months ago was that? Has shown zero form and to compound my argument you reckon he was picked on the team ever before the u21 so no matter how poorly he played he was going to start anyway!
    When I said they'll be booed off the pitch I meant the management not the players!
    Stephen Molumphy, ALLSTAR,(not one of these fellas UNLUCKY not to get one)at this present stage,in my junior B opinion,is a better option for sat night.
    As for Paudie,I'm not doubting his ability what I would be hoping for is a better input from open play. Your argument comparing him to Shane Walsh(2-1 against Laois),Dunford( first year on the team and work rate alot higher)is questionable.
    I keep humming that tune" Money talks,money talks,dirty cash I want you dirty cash I need you wohoo"!!
    You'd never know sat night when we win by 5-6 points I might even stretch to a can of Dutch gold and a kebab to celebrate!

Answer me this- What did Ryan Donnelly do wrong in the Laois game to be substituted in the first half? When is he going to get the same chances to show his ability? What has Nagle done so much wrong that he's banished from the side? One bad game and thrown on the scrap heap. There's a fella that's on the panel with 6-7 yrs,played under all the different managers so why don't we start him eh?
    The Maurice argument is that if he was fully fit I would have him on before Sullivan and Jake.
    I'm delighted to see your defense of your clubmates but it must have rightly stuck in your throat when the appeal was mistakenly forgotten!! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!!

• Advertisement

Molumphy a mediocre hurler, Shane O Sullivan better than Molumphy...did some dense fog hit some parts of the County in the early hours of this morning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement