Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Cool. Not going to miss out a second time.

The War on Drugs has been moved to Vicar street.

Trailer from the new Elliott Smith documentary. Should be very interesting and moving. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Trailer from the new Elliott Smith documentary. Should be very interesting and moving. 

Video doesn't seem to work but I'd be very interested in it as he's one of my very favourite artists.

Fixed

• Advertisement

The Antlers are playing the Olympia on the 30th October. Not to be missed. Tickets on sale Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Beautiful Noise has been in the making for a few years now. Glad that it's finally seeing the light of day.

• Looks like we may be seeing some new MBV in 2015! :)
    From NME:
    My Bloody Valentine's Kevin Shields has revealed that the band plan to record a new EP this autumn.

Speaking after a gig by The Proper Ornaments at the Lexington in London last night (June 19), Kevin Shields revealed he was "working on some new songs at the moment" that will form the basis of an EP.

The release has been in the pipeline since last year's long-awaited 'm b v' album, but Shields is only now preparing to record the tracks. "We plan on going into the studio October/November time," he confirmed, raising prospects of an unusually prompt follow-up to My Bloody Valentine's third studio album.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

Off to see the Mountain Goats in Denton tonight! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Off to see the Mountain Goats in Denton tonight! :D

The best ever death metal band in Denton is one of my favorite tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

The best ever death metal band in Denton is one of my favorite tracks

Epic night. Never been to Dan's Silverleaf before, but it turned out to be a great little venue. Some videos here, including a cover of Super Heroes from the Rocky Horror Picture Show and the aforementioned Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Head's wrecked trying to remember the name of a song. I can't remember the name of the artist either which doesn't help matters. Hopefully somebody here can help out.

What I know:
    It's kind of an alt-country song by a male American solo artist.
    I'm nearly sure it's called something girl. Shooter Girl keeps coming into my head but it's not that.
    It's from the last five or six years.

And that's about all I've got unfortunately. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Pighead wrote: »
    Head's wrecked trying to remember the name of a song. I can't remember the name of the artist either which doesn't help matters. Hopefully somebody here can help out.

What I know:
    I'm nearly sure it's called something girl. Shooter Girl keeps coming into my head but it's not that.

Beck 'Girl' from Guero 2005??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Not an American solo artist, but it could be Country Girl by Primal Scream

Neither of those two unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

Nobody Girl by Ryan Adams? Tho that's way more than 6 years ago

smacg wrote: »
    Nobody Girl by Ryan Adams? Tho that's way more than 6 years ago
    No. Not that either. Now this is probably of no help but I think it sounded a bit like Mockingbird by Tom Waits. Whoever sang this song is not very well known but he's definitely American.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

sweet alt/indie never change and save me from that hell that is GB in gigs/events.

lordgoat wrote: »
    sweet alt/indie never change and save me from that hell that is GB in gigs/events.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the gig though.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Poor aul Garth breaking hearts on all sides!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the gig though.....:pac:

The way things stand I don't think I could enjoy all 5 of them as much.

I for one will be there, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I for one will be there, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Ah one of the small niche between experimental music and country and western!!

Pighead wrote: »

What I know:

Boom! Brain spluttered into life a while ago and gave me the answer to my question. Song's called Fighter Girl by Mason Jennings. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

What ever happened to the Revs? They were huge in 2002/2003, played everywhere in Ireland and then just seemed to vanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

What ever happened to the Revs? They were huge in 2002/2003, played everywhere in Ireland and then just seemed to vanish.
    I saw them play at Oxegen 2005. I think they only released two albums. Their last one didn't seem to get much media attention and they must have split soon afterwards.

Didn't the lead singer piss off to the Canaries or Lanzarote or somewhere. Think it was him who wrote that Donegal football 'Jimmy's Winning Matches'. Think one of them was from around these parts (Co. Louth) as well.

• Advertisement

Any of ye listen to decent podcasts?

I quite like All songs considered on NPR.

Advertisement