Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a movie ever made you cry ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Loads of them.

Great for pulling at the heart strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The first 10 mins of UP

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

first time i saw the notebook, watched all of it and thought "why do people cry to this?" then saw the last 10 mins and sobbed me eyes out. every time ive seen it since its just been to perve on Ryan Gosling.

I was also a mess for most of Les Mis, mainly when Ann Hathaway was singing "I dreammed a dream"

3 other films i cried to, but for a very different reason, are Last King of Scotland, Hotel Rwanda and requiem for a dream. Very upsetting films.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Beaches
    Marley and Me
    Titanic
    Ps I love you

the list goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

He was my father.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gallowglass

it has surely, i cry during forest gump, pocahontas and during the scene in rocky with micky and rocky arguing, also when micky dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Brief Encounter. 1945

Its consistently listed in the top ten most romantic films ever made. Usually tops the lists.

Here's the final scene. He's a doctor and she's married to someone else. They're having to break off the affair because she's married and he's leaving for a post aboard. Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson. And directed by David Lean. Story written by Noel Coward. If you havent seen it you really should.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

I Am Sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A movie has never made me cry but close, would have to say The Boy in the Striped Pjs was the one that brought out the most emotion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

The tiny twenty of Magaluf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

The list of movies that HAVEN'T made me cry would be shorter. I just have a lot of feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Animal Farm when the horse was taken away, I remember my father didn't know what happened to me when I started bawling when he had me sitting down just looking at a cartoon.

Dances With Wolves when those fookers shoot the wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Always thought I was on my own with Click, I have refused to watch it again, surprisingly sad.

You instantly dismiss it as another Sandler bag of shíte but in fairness it hits like a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

Clairey__ wrote: »
    The end of Finding Neverland.

When I was still living at home my mam and da went on holidays and I had the house to myself for two weeks,the first weekend was a complete blow and by the Monday I was scagged to bits,horrible comedown and hangover all rolled into one. That ****in film came on the tele and I was sittin there on my own in the house with my dog watchin it and could not stop ****in crying,talk about a blubbering baby!

Who Will Love My Children...total blubfest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I'm very good at holding things together if I'm in company, but when watching films or tv series alone I cry very easily.
    All the classic cheesy movies I saw as a teenager make me cry,
    Titanic, Pearl Harbour, Armageddon, Ghost, 10 things I hate about you,:o
    When a Man Loves A Woman, Meet Joe Black etc.

Other ones that spring to mind are :
    The Pianist - when the old man in a wheelchair gets thrown of the balcony.
    Platoon - rape scene is horrible.
    Stepmom - a mother dying of cancer whilst her ex husband is now with a new woman.
    King Kong (2005)

Probably a thousand more.

Christmas film scenes, it can be either a happy or a lonely christmas scene, but open fire, christmas tree and lights family scene, or a person feeling very lonely at christmas kills me every time. It's the music, christmas music especially the older stuff makes me very weepy even just hearing it on the radio. I still love listening o them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was in tears the first time I watched dumb and dumber.

Still love it to this day.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I cried at the end of the sixth sense. Was very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 amme321

Ghost.... (with Patrick Swayze)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Brief Encounter. 1945

Its consistently listed in the top ten most romantic films ever made. Usually tops the lists.

Here's the final scene. He's a doctor and she's married to someone else. They're having to break off the affair because she's married and he's leaving for a post aboard. Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson. And directed by David Lean. Story written by Noel Coward. If you havent seen it you really should.

Hearbreaking. Any film where the two protagonists are madly in love but can't be with each other, is.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

At the end of Oliver Stones - JFK. Gets me all the time , Costner was a badass !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I was wondering about all the Click mentions - assumed it was a joke, but then there were so many of them that I decided to look it up. Cast includes: Adam Sandler, David Hasselhoff, Henry Winkler, Julie Kavner (the voice of Marge Simpson and Patty/Selma), Jennifer Coolidge (Stifler's Mom), Jonah Hill, Rob Schneider... so I assumed I was right, it was a piss-take to include it here.
    But then I read the summary and it's actually a study in not taking for granted what you have. Looks quite good actually!

Magaggie wrote: »
    I was wondering about all the Click mentions - assumed it was a joke, but then there were so many of them that I decided to look it up. Cast includes: Adam Sandler, David Hasselhoff, Henry Winkler, Julie Kavner (the voice of Marge Simpson and Patty/Selma), Jennifer Coolidge (Stifler's Mom), Jonah Hill, Rob Schneider... so I assumed I was right, it was a piss-take to include it here.
    But then I read the summary and it's actually a study in not taking for granted what you have. Looks quite good actually!

Don't let the fact its an Adam Sandler movie put you off, its not a bad movie, typical comedy at the start but the end is quite emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Notebook

It took me 2 days to watch it. Even thinking about it makes me cry. But then again I cried at "Rugrats the Movie" because Chuckie at the beginning of the movie had no one to dance with (he was at wedding and his mother was dead). I haven't been allowed to the cinema since.

Rugrats the Movie was in 2000..........I'm a bit of a softie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Marley and me. Ive seen it a few times but our dog died at Christmas and watched it again a few weeks ago, I had a pain in my heart from crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I went to see the fault in our stars today. I cried steadily throughout. Left feeling rather uplifted though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

shalalala wrote: »
    I went to see the fault in our stars today. I cried steadily throughout. Left feeling rather uplifted though!

Went to see it on Wed evening myself and while crying, some woman started really sobbing her heart out and I couldn't help it but I burst out laughing, starting my sister and her friend laughing. So we were crying and laughing hysterically at one of the saddest parts of the movie. Oh god it was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

In America. Gets me EVERY time, I do be a blubbering mess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Dont know if it was mentioned but read the book and saw the movie and both brought a lump to my throat....
    ."One Day"...........

Advertisement