Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a movie ever made you cry ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Click
    Armageddon
    Marley And Me
    Donnie Darko
    Green Mile
    Up

And probably many more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I cry at anything with Adam Sandler in...................out of frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The ending to A Time To Kill was very moving brought a little tear to my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Cry Freedom
    The Constant Gardner
    Gandhi
    Schindler's List
    Au Revoir les Enfants
    Steel Magnolias

I am a soggy mess at the end of these and my husband is not bothered at all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Recently, The Fault In Our Stars. Saw it a few days ago and I still feel upset over it. So depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

The end of The Big Blue (director's cut). Very powerful and sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

delw wrote: »
    /gulp :(

Saw a similar film recently called The Normal Heart - oh good Jesus I was no good. :-/
    The song played at the end is The Only Living Boy In New York by Simon & Garfunkel - too perfect, but too bloody heartbreaking! :(

Ditto that Neil Young song at the end of Philadelphia.

Transformers Dark of the moon.

It was like giving an Ex girlfriend a second chance after she cheated on you and then she cheats again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bambi and the lion king. I couldn't even get into the lion king because the start was so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The start of up.

Manly floods of tears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Bambi and the lion king. I couldn't even get into the lion king because the start was so sad.

It's a gritty kids film!

Like the Christopher Nolan of Disney!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Marley and Me. Wouldn't wish it on me worst enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I cry at anything with Adam Sandler in...................out of frustration.

To be fair. Click was unreal sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

The opening scene of UP.

It's the loveliest thing I've seen in a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Dear Zachary.

Amazing documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

The green mile, Marley and me, the notebook , toy story 3 and most recently the fault in our stars....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭josip

The start of up.

Manly floods of tears
    The opening scene of UP.

It's the loveliest thing I've seen in a movie.

UP really put the lump in my throat.
    Couldn't cry coz there were other blokes in the room.

Cried in the cinema for ET when I was 8 years old.
    Me Mammy thought I'd lost it.

And Driving Miss Daisy

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

No , but video games Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2 did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Pay it forward (the scene where the mother looks out the window to see all the people with candles)
    E.T. (The scene where e.t. Says to Elliot "ill be right here") along with the score it always gets me.
    A.I. (Haley Joel osment character dying..my Irish granny had died that day back in the uk in 2002 and I thought a lighthearted film I hadn't seen would take my mind off things)
    Senna
    The bucket list
    Planes trains automobiles (end scenes where john candy tells Steve Martin that his wife is dead)
    The perfect storm (eulogy scene)
    Life is beautiful
    Marley and me
    I am sam
    City of angels
    Cast away (losing Wilson)

Of course though being a man it's just a lump in the throat ever time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

UP is such a beautifully made film. I don't think it's that "kid-ish" either.

The Snowman is pretty fecking harrowing for kids too. And When The Wind Blows (animated by the same guy) is terribly sad but I don't think that's for kids.
    I always laugh when watching The Snowman too though as I'm reminded of the Viz strip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

For anyone that hasnt seen it, this is the montage from UP that can reduce a grown man to a blubbering wreck in 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I have a lot of feelings and cry easily. BUT the worst for me was La Vita E Bella. Jesus tapdancing Christ. I was no good for about 24 hours after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

E.T still makes me cry years later. The final scene when they realize that they have to part ways really gets me.

I also found the beginning of Wall-E quite moving. When he's stuck on earth alone and he's watching Hello, Dolly! and sees them holding hands and you realize that how lonely he is and that he really just craves a bit of love. Pixar in general are quite good at creating genuinely emotional moments without it ever feeling manipulative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This thread makes me feel like I have no feels.

Up is a good shout though, if anything was going to do it, it was that montage at the start. Ran me close I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

For anyone that hasnt seen it, this is the montage from UP that can reduce a grown man to a blubbering wreck in 2 minutes

I watched that montage a while ago and OH came in and genuinely thought one of my family was dead because I was crying so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭AdolfHipster

The episode of Futurama about Frys dog...ugh, right in the feels.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Wednesday just gone. RTE "The Vow"

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

amdublin wrote: »
    Wednesday just gone. RTE "The Vow"
    That movie is really depressing and the real life story even more so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Always thought I was on my own with Click, I have refused to watch it again, surprisingly sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - the final memory erasure of Clementine, from Joel's mind - suprisingly moving.

Advertisement