Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a movie ever made you cry ?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Witchie wrote: »
    Went to see it on Wed evening myself and while crying, some woman started really sobbing her heart out and I couldn't help it but I burst out laughing, starting my sister and her friend laughing. So we were crying and laughing hysterically at one of the saddest parts of the movie. Oh god it was terrible.

I went in my own, there was a guy on his own behind me crying his eyes out. I had to give him a tissue the poor sod. Great film though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

The best of the best, when I was about 12

"Fighting is the only thing I know, don't take that away from me."

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

I'm very good at holding things together if I'm in company, but when watching films or tv series alone I cry very easily.
    All the classic cheesy movies I saw as a teenager make me cry,
    Titanic, Pearl Harbour, Armageddon, Ghost, 10 things I hate about you,:o
    When a Man Loves A Woman, Meet Joe Black etc.

Other ones that spring to mind are :
    The Pianist - when the old man in a wheelchair gets thrown of the balcony.
    Platoon - rape scene is horrible.
    Stepmom - a mother dying of cancer whilst her ex husband is now with a new woman.
    King Kong (2005)

Probably a thousand more.

Christmas film scenes, it can be either a happy or a lonely christmas scene, but open fire, christmas tree and lights family scene, or a person feeling very lonely at christmas kills me every time. It's the music, christmas music especially the older stuff makes me very weepy even just hearing it on the radio. I still love listening o them though.

Have you seen The Family Stone? All of the above rolled into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Animal Farm when the horse was taken away, I remember my father didn't know what happened to me when I started bawling when he had me sitting down just looking at a cartoon.

Dances With Wolves when those fookers shoot the wolf.

Thank goodness someone mentioned Dances With Wolves, had to leave the cinema at that due to tears.

Same reaction to animal farm too. Fast forward thirty or so years my five year old couldn't sleep one night all upset about that horse being taken away. I couldn't believe how he could know, but the teacher had played that DVD in school for them. Was shocked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Jersey Boys. The scene with Frankie Valli and his daughter which ends with the song My Eyes Adored You.

You'd want to be made of stone.

Good film well worth watching but here is that scene in two parts:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

There was a film we watched as a family together when I was quite young about 2 or 3. I think it was about a family being separated or something (Don't know the name).

Every single person in my family were crying watching the movie and we used to call it 'the saddest movie of all time'. When I seen the men in the family cry, I said "you have drink in your eyes".

Now when I say "you have drink in your eyes", it's usually to my husband when he snook out for a cheeky pint to the local when he was supposed to do the garden ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Interstellar father daughter scenes especially crying young Murph and the last meeting!

Advertisement