Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a movie ever made you cry ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The list of movies that HAVEN'T made me cry would be shorter. I just have a lot of feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The end of the neverending story. Cried for days.

The list of movies that HAVEN'T made me cry would be shorter. I just have a lot of feelings.

God yeah, I have a surplus of feelings too. :)

I watched The Butler recently, was a mess at the end because
    of where he was in society at the beginning, a black butler serving all-white politicians while his son gave everything to the civil rights struggle, and his journey to the end, with the election of a black President.

And the I Am Legend bit where
    he has to kill his dog :(

And in Brokeback Mountain where
    he finds his lovers bloody shirt

And many more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Rocky II. When Mickey dies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The start of Up had me bawwwwing

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

Up, the notebook, Marley and me and my girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Most recently, 12 years a slave. It just kept hitting me that it's a real story and thousands of people went through what he went through! Heartbreaking realisation.

I am Sam. Oh holy god! If you ever need a good cry this is one to watch. Myself and my mam watched it on a long haul flight, and just bawled for hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Don't think any have made me cry.

But, I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and that had quite a disturbing effect on me, walked out of it before the end if I remember rightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Three words:
    Marley And Me.
    I read the book before I saw the film so I knew what to expect but the film came out after my own dog passed away and that ending really brought it all back. Blubbed for days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Not exactly a movie but this makes me ball everytime too

For pity's sake!!! I only read the title and looked at the picture ..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Marley and me. When they had to out the dog down.

Just cause I have the same breed of dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

This thread would be empty if the question was "Has any movie, other than Marley & Me, ever made you cry?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Inception didn't make me cry.

It did make me want to jump off a bridge though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Marley & Me... Oh my God... Getting teary eyed just thinking about that ending...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Big Fish made me cry, A.I. made me cry (can't watch that again just too emotional!) Up made me cry.

Not manly in the slightest bit I cry watching films, often.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I cry at movies a lot. Happy, sad, any remotely emotional scene has me tearing up. I find it quite embarrassing so I do my best to hide it.

I've found myself crying at films I've watched on planes a few times which can be a little awkward. If I start getting emotional I generally pause the movie until I can get it together. I remember crying on a plane watching Water for Elephants and Dead Poets Society. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Big Fish made me cry, A.I. made me cry (can't watch that again just too emotional!) Up made me cry.

Not manly in the slightest bit I cry watching films, often.

A.I. - Yes! Me too! I was 15 when I watched it. It really got to me. I wasn't expecting anyone to mention it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

In The Name Of The Father

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Schindlers List

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

AI should have a special eyeball protection warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ok as mentioned on here already The Green Mile
    Start of Up!
    TDKR Alfred crying
    Others that really make me tear up:-
    The ending of tombstone scene between Doc and Wyatt!
    Man on fire
    Leon final scenes always get me
    Donnie Darko final scenes with his dad crying and the son mad world playing over them.
    But my favourite movie that I love but always cry watching is Somewhere in Time staring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymor and based on the Richard Matheson story Bid time return, I'm always in tears at the end of it even more so now that Christopher Reeves is no longer with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

The incredible journey and any movie with lassie in it

The ending of the film Warrior is one that gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

The ending of the film Warrior is one that gets me.

Not many films get me but when I seen that scene I shed some man tears. The national - about today was probably one of the best choices for a song they could have picked.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's not just movies/tv, books get me into a snivelling mess as well. My husband still slags me about the time when Harry Potter 6 came out. It was the day before we were due to fly home from Australia and I was sitting in our bed reading it, and got to the end and started HOWLING!

He thought I was upset about going home and was trying to comfort me and I was trying to tell him it wasn't that only it came out "No.. sob! It's..sob! not..sob! that..sob!" and he kept asking me why I was so upset, so I eventually managed to compose myself enough to tell him only I got halfway through the sentence and hysterics started again -
    "Dumbledore DIIIIEEEEEDDDD!! Waaaahaaaahaaahaaa!
    " He just looked at me with this expression of utter disbelief/disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭biketard

This one totally got me recently:

Instructions Not Included (No se Aceptan Devoluciones)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2378281/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Million Dollar Baby. I was a blubbering mess at the end of it.

Advertisement