Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin Map update

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Is 2015.10 out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Kalyke wrote: »
    Is 2015.10 out yet?
    Yes, it's been available for a few weeks now.

Did you get it through Garmin Express?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭peking97

I'm using Garmin Express and that update is not offered to me. Still on 2014.40 here!

peking97 wrote: »
    I'm using Garmin Express and that update is not offered to me. Still on 2014.40 here!
    Same here....No update with Web Updater either.

• Advertisement

Did you get it through Garmin Express?
    Yes! Both for my 2545LM and my ancient 760.

Do you have lifetime updates?

Alun wrote: »
    Yes! Both for my 2545LM and my ancient 760.

Do you have lifetime updates?
    Sure do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Worked for me too, must be a month ago

Seven Worlds will Collide

Same here....No update with Web Updater either.

Exactly the same with me and I've also got lifetime updates.
    I've sent an email to Garmin Support and will report back.

Exactly the same with me and I've also got lifetime updates.
    I've sent an email to Garmin Support and will report back.
    I have also emailed them. They will reply within 3 working days!!

• Advertisement

The following recd. this afternoon...

*Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.
    I am happy to help with your enquiry. Garmin uses various map technologies and providers for our many different devices. Releases for the various map versions and products are produced separately and independently, so a release might be available for some devices at certain times and available for other devices at other times. You can be assured that Garmin will provide you always with the latest map data available from Garmin for your specific device.*

....doesn't really help at all!:confused:

Sounds like total nonsense to me. The maps are the same for all nuvi models as far as I know. What model do you have?

What model do you have?

The 765T with Lifetime updates.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That reply is a bit longwinded. They only use the one map provider. AFAIK that's still Navteq which is now owned by Nokia.

The 765T with Lifetime updates.
    I know I said back there that I'd updated my 760 as well as my newer 2545, and indeed I did, but I've only just noticed that it only updated the 760 to 2014.40, and if I check for updates it says it's up to date.

Maybe they've added features to the 2015 maps that aren't supported by the firmware on older no longer supported models such as 760 series?

Problem solved ...

I've just seen on one of the Garmin forums that two versions of the maps are produced depending on the vintage of the devices .. a Unicode (NTU) version for the newer models and a non-Unicode version (NT) for the older ones. Apparently for some bizarre reason they're now not going to release a NT version four times a year, only twice a year, so you should get an update to 2015.20 when it comes out.

So much for lifetime updates!

So much for lifetime updates!
    Somewhere in one of the posts someone posted up the section of the small print that basically allows them to do that .. obviously a ploy to get people to buy new satnavs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

Problem solved ...

I've just seen on one of the Garmin forums that two versions of the maps are produced depending on the vintage of the devices .. a Unicode (NTU) version for the newer models and a non-Unicode version (NT) for the older ones. Apparently for some bizarre reason they're now not going to release a NT version four times a year, only twice a year, so you should get an update to 2015.20 when it comes out.

Very useful info Alun, thanks. (Got a link?)

I'll be sticking with my Nuvi760 and I won't even consider buying a new satnav until there is full support for eircodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I only updated mine about 2 months ago.

Is there anything new in this one for Ireland, that makes it worthwhile getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

beauf wrote: »
    I only updated mine about 2 months ago.

Is there anything new in this one for Ireland, that makes it worthwhile getting.

A few roads realligned and the flyovers on the N40 have been added.

That's all I've noticed in 2000 miles in the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

beauf wrote: »
    I

The big Headford Road junction in Galway (that replaced a roundabout) is in it now

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I downloaded my map update and now I have no maps whatsoever???????

Any one any ideas what I am supposed to do?

I contacted Garmin support last Friday by e-mail and still waiting for a reply.

I am going away tomorrow and need to use my garmin in the UK at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

I downloaded my map update and now I have no maps whatsoever???????

Any one any ideas what I am supposed to do?

I contacted Garmin support last Friday by e-mail and still waiting for a reply.

I am going away tomorrow and need to use my garmin in the UK at the weekend

Try use the free openstreetmaps, see earlier in this thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86825211#post86825211

You could try an app on a smartphone, such as OSMAND on android. It gives turn by turn offline directions, but getting the voice to work is a bit tricky.

Try factory resets etc?
    Try updating the firmware, see the link earlier in this post.

Thanks for that, but I do not have an SD card at present.

All the maps showup in mygarmin, but they do not show up in maps in the unit, so I cannot even tick or untick a box.

I have tried downloading with all firewalls off, still to no avail,

whats more annoying is that garmin have still not contacted me from last Friday.

anyone any ideas what the problem might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Thanks for that, but I do not have an SD card at present.

All the maps showup in mygarmin, but they do not show up in maps in the unit, so I cannot even tick or untick a box.

I have tried downloading with all firewalls off, still to no avail,

whats more annoying is that garmin have still not contacted me from last Friday.

anyone any ideas what the problem might be?

If you don't have an SD Card the problem might be memory related. Get yourself a 4GB SD Card and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

If you have a smartphone, it may have a micro SD card, and depending on the model unit it may take a micro SD. You may have a digital camera with SD card also.

If you get a very small map (just the area you need) you might be able put it directly on the unit, without needing a memory card.

Also try the firmware update.

tried micro sd as well, does not seem to be a memory issue, maps are showing on mygarmin, but not on garmin itself.

• Advertisement

could it be the garmin software does not like 64 bit computers?

Advertisement