Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭biketard

Still hoping for help with this one..

Here's what i can remember:

I’m sure it’s from mid 70s to mid 80s. It’s about a guy that was shot in the head and left on a pile of bodies (they may have also shot his wife/family). I *think* he was shot by Nazis, but possibly it was some other nasty fellows, possibly from eastern Europe or close-by. The guy somehow survives and years later tracks down the baddies one by one. He’s previously been told by a doctor that they couldn’t remove the bullet from his head and that if he ever over-exerts himself he could die suddenly.

The movie ends with a slow motion shot of him running towards the camera, away from where he has just killed the last of the baddies. He has a smile on his face, as he no longer cares if he dies.

Thanks for any and all help.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

seen this movie a few years about, this family moves to some house in the woods and they have a massive pond thing with some sewage pipes in it i think but anwyays its about some fairys or idk demon like creatures that live underground and some girl gets stuck or something and the whole town tries to rescue her and think the fairy things are bad but they end up saving the little girl? sorry thats all i remember its a kids movie not some horror movie, and seen it about 6-8 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Reon wrote: »
    seen this movie a few years about, this family moves to some house in the woods and they have a massive pond thing with some sewage pipes in it i think but anwyays its about some fairys or idk demon like creatures that live underground and some girl gets stuck or something and the whole town tries to rescue her and think the fairy things are bad but they end up saving the little girl? sorry thats all i remember its a kids movie not some horror movie, and seen it about 6-8 years ago

Sounds like Pan's Labyrinth to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Sounds like Pan's Labyrinth to me.

nope its not that :( its not as dark its a family type movie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 abbeyupper

Im trying to figure out the name of a movie. Cant remember actors names, only a few things about it.
    1st: Its an action movie
    2nd:Its 7 to 15 years old(i know not much help)
    3rd:its basically about a black guy who has pretents to be a criminal. But hes actually a dot com millonaire. i think hes trying to figure out who killed his family or sister.
    4th. im pretty sure hes not the main character. I thought it was kinda a matial art movie and after watching a range of jet li movies, chow yung fat, steven segal movies im no closer. i thought i was close today thinking it was DMX that plays the black guy but NO. This is takiing over my life and my friends now too.
    there is a reason im looking for the movie. its actually for the soundtrack..
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. someone must know

• Advertisement

It's Exit Wounds with Seagal and DMX.

Im trying to figure out the name of a movie. Cant remember actors names, only a few things about it.
    1st: Its an action movie
    2nd:Its 7 to 15 years old(i know not much help)
    3rd:its basically about a black guy who has pretents to be a criminal. But hes actually a dot com millonaire. i think hes trying to figure out who killed his family or sister.
    4th. im pretty sure hes not the main character. I thought it was kinda a matial art movie and after watching a range of jet li movies, chow yung fat, steven segal movies im no closer. i thought i was close today thinking it was DMX that plays the black guy but NO. This is takiing over my life and my friends now too.
    there is a reason im looking for the movie. its actually for the soundtrack..
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. someone must know

It's Exit Wounds with Seagal and DMX.

i thought it was too.. i have to watch it tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

There's a film I saw years and years ago and I just can't think of the name!

It's about this woman whom has special needs and she lives with her boyfriend/husband whatever in an assisted living facility (I think) she gets support from her mother.

Her daughter hasn't got special needs and it's about the daughter accepting the mother.

I remember there being a scene where the daughter said she left her lunch box in the car so she had her mother go get it and went into school with her grandmother to avoid being seen with her mother.

Slightly vague and I'm woeful at describing something but hopefully someone knows what I'm on about.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 2inch

What's the name of the movie where there's a little white girl who is staying with a family on a farm it seems and she finds out that her dad is having an affair or something and she starts killing them. At the end the mom and another girl are left. The girl falls through a tube and there are dogs down there but she manages to get back up and the evil girl dies. And also if this helps, she kills a guy that was working on his car earlier. Hopefully you guys have a better memory than me. Thank you

• Advertisement

2inch wrote: »
    What's the name of the movie where there's a little white girl who is staying with a family on a farm it seems and she finds out that her dad is having an affair or something and she starts killing them. At the end the mom and another girl are left. The girl falls through a tube and there are dogs down there but she manages to get back up and the evil girl dies. And also if this helps, she kills a guy that was working on his car earlier. Hopefully you guys have a better memory than me. Thank you

Sounds like Haute Tension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There's a film I saw years and years ago and I just can't think of the name!

It's about this woman whom has special needs and she lives with her boyfriend/husband whatever in an assisted living facility (I think) she gets support from her mother.

Her daughter hasn't got special needs and it's about the daughter accepting the mother.

I remember there being a scene where the daughter said she left her lunch box in the car so she had her mother go get it and went into school with her grandmother to avoid being seen with her mother.

Slightly vague and I'm woeful at describing something but hopefully someone knows what I'm on about.

I'm not doubting theres a film but this is almost word for word an early episode of law and order svu. Like season 1 or 2 which would be 15 years ago.

ken wrote: »
    I'm not doubting theres a film but this is almost word for word an early episode of law and order svu. Like season 1 or 2 which would be 15 years ago.

Could very well be an episode of SVU.

I remember I just got Sky Movies in and I half watched it sitting on the table :rolleyes:

Then again it may have been on one of the TrueMovies channels.

Okay seeing as though no one seemed to know the last film I was on about, I'll try a different one.

It's a horror film, it's set in a house that houses old women so like an elderly persons home but in a converted house if that makes sense.

There's an evil woman who runs it who is horrible to the women who live there and I remember one scene where this old woman says something the mean woman didn't like so she smothered her with a pillow whilst she slept!

I think she may have been claiming their pensions or something?

Again it's vague but hope someone knows what it's about this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RB94

Okay seeing as though no one seemed to know the last film I was on about, I'll try a different one.

It's a horror film, it's set in a house that houses old women so like an elderly persons home but in a converted house if that makes sense.

There's an evil woman who runs it who is horrible to the women who live there and I remember one scene where this old woman says something the mean woman didn't like so she smothered her with a pillow whilst she slept!

Death Nurse (1987) possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Ed harris is in it I think It is a hood type film. One of the hood keeps calling the policeman homes/homey or homeboy. i think Harris is the policeman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

GoodLord wrote: »
    Ed harris is in it I think It is a hood type film. One of the hood keeps calling the policeman homes/homey or homeboy. i think Harris is the policeman

Cleaner?

Riskymove wrote: »
    Cleaner?
    no that is not a hood film is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

no that is not a hood film is it?

Well I couldn't really place Ed Harris in any Hood movie

I think you might actually be thinking of Robert Duvall in Colors?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

State of Grace maybe? also starred Sean Penn as some sort of undercover cop?

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    State of Grace maybe? also starred Sean Penn as some sort of undercover cop?
    could be it. Penn sound familiar. Edit Don't think so. SOG is irish in new york isn't it. The film i am thinking of was south central LA i think. Boys in the hood type dudes. Might not be Harris in it after all but was like boys in the hood type film. One of them was sort of friendly with the cop kept calling him homes or homey

could be it. Penn sound familiar. Edit Don't think so. SOG is irish in new york isn't it. The film i am thinking of was south central LA i think. Boys in the hood type dudes. Might not be Harris in it after all but was like boys in the hood type film. One of them was sort of friendly with the cop kept calling him homes or homey

It sounds like Colors

think thats it thanks;)

RB94 wrote: »
    Death Nurse (1987) possibly?

Thanks but I don't think that's it.

This one seems much newer, late 90's/early 00's I think.

Wrecking my head now tryna think of it! :P

Riskymove wrote: »
    Well I couldn't really place Ed Harris in any Hood movie

I think you might actually be thinking of Robert Duvall in Colors?
    sorry did not respond. i missed this post. EDITYes thats it I think Frog/Trinidad Silva was the one calling Duval Homes . Thanks Riskymove and Darko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Horror movie from possibly early 80s.Theres a scene with a woman driving a car at night when a wasp or bee starts flying around inside the car and distracts her causing the car to crash and burst into flames.A guy come upon the car and you can see the charred corpse of the woman in the burnt out car.The next bit is a bit sketchy cos its years ago that I saw it but the charred dead woman comes to life and flames burst up out of the car again.Strange sequence,does anyone know what this film is?I vaguely seem to remember that other characters were killed off in unusual ways and that the bee/wasp may have been a demon or was sent to kill her or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Another one thats been bugging me for years ,the details are a bit sketchy.I'm sure this movie was from the early 70s and was about this elderly man who witnesses a murder.I've a feeling he may have been played by the guy who did the Grandfather in the original Willy Wonka movie.Anyway theres a scene where hes looking out the window and he sees a black man sitting in a car.The blackman is smiling menacingly and makes a cutthroat motion with his finger to the old man.When he reports this to the police they don't believe him.I think the black guy may have commited the murder but from what I remember nobody believes the old guy and think hes imagining things.It was an inner city setting.Maybe New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Here's another film that I just cannot remember the name of:
    There's a group of people sitting in a room, they were a group during the war, and one of them betrayed them all. The traitor supposedly is in the room. Nothing much happens during the film, just people talking, trying to find out which one of them is the traitor, and tension builds up to unbearable...

Finally the owner (?) of the house says that there's a German (?) witness upstairs, and he'd point out the traitor, once he doesn't want to confess. And then, the steps on the stairs, approaching... and the traitor flees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Is the film is relatively new by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Here's one:

American Film
    Comedy
    Colour
    Probably made in the early to mid 1980s.

A family set out to protect themselves from nuclear war.
    They go out into a forest into a bunker complex.
    They meet another family who are full-on crazy mad survivalists.
    They have been living in the woods expecting World War III to start at any time.

The crazy family shoot at the approaching normal family thinking they were an
    nvading army. The father of the crazy family says, "You made me waste a round
    (bullet), and it was a good one."

The mother of the normal family asks the mother of the crazy family
    what she like to do in her spare time.
    The crazy family mother replies "filling bullets"

I think it might have been like a National Lampoon knock-off.

Any ideas?

Advertisement