Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Col_Treize wrote: »
    Cover BOTH rears!"

Googling "cover both rears" says this was The Hallelujah Trail from 1965.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jjrohrbough

Looking for a movie..
    Is real people (not cartoon)
    About heroes, I believe
    The main character is a woman, blonde, who is a high school science teacher, with some kindof of slight genetic mutation/deformity. Something tells me it might have been with her foot, but I'm not sure.
    She is giving her science class a lecture about hell, and the only quote from the movie that I remember is..

"Hell is people seeing you for what you really are."

Some of the boy students proceed to make fun of her for her deformity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Looking for a movie..
    Is real people (not cartoon)
    About heroes, I believe
    The main character is a woman, blonde, who is a high school science teacher, with some kindof of slight genetic mutation/deformity. Something tells me it might have been with her foot, but I'm not sure.
    She is giving her science class a lecture about hell, and the only quote from the movie that I remember is..

"Hell is people seeing you for what you really are."

Some of the boy students proceed to make fun of her for her deformity.

Sounds like The Box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I remember when I was a kid, I saw a film that I thought was called something like "Terror at 35,000 feet" ... anyway, a plane was haunted ...

A dog got frozen in the hold, there was some creepy ghosts on the plane - thats all I remember ..

any help ?

Imdb is giving me Twilight zone episodes - but I don't think this is it

edit - oh yeah, there was also a scene with a doll oozing some green pus ??

****ing mad ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

the_monkey wrote: »
    I remember when I was a kid, I saw a film that I thought was called something like "Terror at 35,000 feet" ... anyway, a plane was haunted ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Classic US TVM from the golden era [1969 - 1977].

I remember Chuck Connors and Buddy Ebsen also being in it.

TG4 showed it in the early 2000s - I still have it on tape.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Im looking for the name of a film or maybe tv programme from the early 80s i think. All i can tell you is the one scene i remember - a boy vampire floating outside a little girls room. I think they were friends......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

nc19 wrote: »
    Im looking for the name of a film or maybe tv programme from the early 80s i think. All i can tell you is the one scene i remember - a boy vampire floating outside a little girls room. I think they were friends......

Sounds like Salem's Lot although it was outside a boy's room and not a girl's room iirc.

Sounds like Salem's Lot although it was outside a boy's room and not a girl's room iirc.

Could have been a little boy all right. If i remember right it was based in modern day(at that time)

edit: just googled some pics and i dont think its it. I remember the vampire boy floating with his legs crossed and wearing more trad vampire clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,057 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There was an adaptation of "The LittleVampire" from the 80s, but that was where both the vampire and the child were boys, and it was a TV show, so not sure....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Could have been a little boy all right. If i remember right it was based in modern day(at that time)

Aye, that sounds like Salem's Lot alright…

Tbf, the lad in the bed has a bit of lesbian hairdo…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yep, Salems Lot alright......not a film though, it was shown over a few episodes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a scene like that in The Lost Boys. It's in the trailer at the 40 second mark:

Was his brother not a girl in this case though.

This is the other window scene in Salem's Lot. The young lad looks a total girl's blouse and the guy in the window is a bit more formal in this…

^^

Well, it was the late 70's, so that may explain the hairstyles............

There was an adaptation of "The LittleVampire" from the 80s, but that was where both the vampire and the child were boys, and it was a TV show, so not sure....

Think it was the little vampire tv show from the 80s

thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

• Registered Users Posts: 1 askmov

Hi, trying to identify a movie from my childhood, so it's probably at least 20 years old. I have only a few firm memories, so this is just going to be a dump of those details and hopefully someone will recognise it:

Probably fantasy genre.
    Grumpy old man helps young adventurers.
    Grumpy man has walking stick with ornate carving (animal head?) on top.
    One of the younger ones is very fast, always zipping around and ahead.
    They have to infiltrate castle, and the fast one runs ahead, the grumpy old man stops him and puts stick in black water of the moat of castle to show him danger: the stick is melted (or something).

Thanks to anyone who can help, this has been bugging me for ages!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

askmov wrote: »
    Hi, trying to identify a movie from my childhood, so it's probably at least 20 years old. I have only a few firm memories, so this is just going to be a dump of those details and hopefully someone will recognise it:

Probably fantasy genre.
    Grumpy old man helps young adventurers.
    Grumpy man has walking stick with ornate carving (animal head?) on top.
    One of the younger ones is very fast, always zipping around and ahead.
    They have to infiltrate castle, and the fast one runs ahead, the grumpy old man stops him and puts stick in black water of the moat of castle to show him danger: the stick is melted (or something).

Thanks to anyone who can help, this has been bugging me for ages!

I don't remember that scene but for some reason your description is making me think of Krull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

There's this movie I watched years ago and it's been bugging me that I can't remember the name of it and can't find any info anywhere on it.

I vaguely remember it, it goes like this. A man somehow ends up in a parallel/alternate universe and he ends up causing trouble or something, so it's broadcasted on the news/billboards to capture/kill him. While on the run,he meets this other woman, who I think was Asian and she was in the exact same situation, so they build some machine while people are hunting them down and they end up getting back to reality.

• Advertisement

iDann wrote: »
    There's this movie I watched years ago and it's been bugging me that I can't remember the name of it and can't find any info anywhere on it.

I vaguely remember it, it goes like this. A man somehow ends up in a parallel/alternate universe and he ends up causing trouble or something, so it's broadcasted on the news/billboards to capture/kill him. While on the run,he meets this other woman, who I think was Asian and she was in the exact same situation, so they build some machine while people are hunting them down and they end up getting back to reality.

The Running Man?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The Running Man?
    Skerries wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be any of them, thanks though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Sounds like an episode of 90s TV series Sliders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Total Recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sounds a bit generic SF to me. How about Logan's Run, or The Island?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Hey,

the famous line from The warriors is "Can you dig it?". This was used in another film, a comedy. I'm thinking something by adam sandler or of a similar style.

Can anyone help me out with the film? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Figured it out - Adam sandler bedtime stories

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

For the record, The Warriors is brilliant, such a cool opening.

the whole movie is on youtube too

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

There's a film I saw years and years ago and I just can't think of the name!

It's about this woman whom has special needs and she lives with her boyfriend/husband whatever in an assisted living facility (I think) she gets support from her mother.

Her daughter hasn't got special needs and it's about the daughter accepting the mother.

I remember there being a scene where the daughter said she left her lunch box in the car so she had her mother go get it and went into school with her grandmother to avoid being seen with her mother.

Slightly vague and I'm woeful at describing something but hopefully someone knows what I'm on about.

Advertisement