Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 galelbaz1

please help :
    thats what Im remmber from the movie :
    An homeless gets an offer from a doctor to be a person with 9 souls (like cats), later years the homeless earns money by doing a shows amusement such as electrocuted to death, drowning to death and after each suicide he revives.
    in the end of the movie the homeless decides to use his 8th soul by that hes going to buried alive in the land but after hes buried he remmbered that was his 8th soul and he shouts for help but nobody hears.
    thank alot!:D

galelbaz1 wrote: »
    please help :
    thats what Im remmber from the movie :
    An homeless gets an offer from a doctor to be a person with 9 souls (like cats), later years the homeless earns money by doing a shows amusement such as electrocuted to death, drowning to death and after each suicide he revives.
    in the end of the movie the homeless decides to use his 8th soul by that hes going to buried alive in the land but after hes buried he remmbered that was his 8th soul and he shouts for help but nobody hears.
    thank alot!:D

That's an episode of Tales From the Crypt, thing it's called Dig That Cat, He's Real Gone. It's an early episode, from series one I think and features Joe Pantoliano.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 appa123

Please identify this movie for me. I THINK Samuel Jackson starred in it.

the movie begins with samuel jackson walks into a high school. a fight between two student happens, a teacher tries to interfere, then the 2 students beat the crap out of the teacher, and the teacher is taken away by paramedics.

in an auditorium, samuel jackson orders these guys in suits to take away the rowdy students in the room.

that's all I remember :/

the movie begins with samuel jackson walks into a high school. a fight between two student happens, a teacher tries to interfere, then the 2 students beat the crap out of the teacher, and the teacher is taken away by paramedics.

in an auditorium, samuel jackson orders these guys in suits to take away the rowdy students in the room.

this movie is NOT 187 or coach carter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

appa123 wrote: »

this movie is NOT 187 or coach carter

Crack House?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097119/

EDIT: No, that's definitely not it. I thought when you mentioned the fight at the start, it rang a bell.

Sorry :(

• Advertisement

sorry i don't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

These two old movies I both saw as a 6 years old back in 1993 have popped into my head recently and I'm wondering can anyone name them
    1. Horror movie from the 80s about a killer monkey that goes on a killing rampage around an apartment block
    2. Horror movie again from 80s maybe even early 90s about a couple who live In a large castle and soon find it be haunted by blue skeleton ghosts and the an evil sorceror and the castle also has a rollercoaster which at the end has a mouth that kills them by grinding them up until only their bones remain can't remember anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

These two old movies I both saw as a 6 years old back in 1993 have popped into my head recently and I'm wondering can anyone name them
    1. Horror movie from the 80s about a killer monkey that goes on a killing rampage around an apartment block
    2. Horror movie again from 80s maybe even early 90s about a couple who live In a large castle and soon find it be haunted by blue skeleton ghosts and the an evil sorceror and the castle also has a rollercoaster which at the end has a mouth that kills them by grinding them up until only their bones remain can't remember anything else

Movie number 1 sounds like Shakma.

The roller coaster from movie 2 sounds like Nothing But Trouble although the rest of your description doesn't fit that movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

is the 2nd movie

Beetlejuice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I'd say the killer monkey movie is Monkey Shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

Decuc500 wrote: »
    I'd say the killer monkey movie is Monkey Shines.

Spot on, 'Mojo the Helper Monkey' looses his $hit and goes psycho! Not a bad little Brian DePalma movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Didn't Monkey Shines take place in a house? Shakma is a big lab building, which is probably closer to an apartment block.

No idea of the mental blue skeleton ghosts.

The second one sounds like Nothing but Trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

The second one sounds like Nothing but Trouble

Yes it is I must have mixed it up with another movie
    And yes monkey shines is the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

There is this movie where a guy was being chased by some bad guys and he also had to safely deliver a movie he rented in a timely manner. I think he also saved a girl or something. What's the name of that movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

764dak wrote: »
    There is this movie where a guy was being chased by some bad guys and he also had to safely deliver a movie he rented in a timely manner. I think he also saved a girl or something. What's the name of that movie?

The Big Hit with Mark Walberg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Possible made for TV movie from late 70s.About a teenage Hispanic /Purto Rican lad and set I think in New York.The guy has a big afro hairstyle and starts singing and playing the guitar in bars to make money.Theres a scene where hes giving presents from the money hes made to his parents I remember he gives his father a "moustache mug from England".For some reason the father gets angry at this and grabs the guitar and is threatening to smash it but just stops short.Theres also a couple of scenes where the main character is trying a avoid a gang of black youths who are hanging around outside his apartment block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sounds very like Princes "Purple Rain"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Its a film set in a new housing estate where strange things start happening to the people living in the houses and then we discover that the housing estate was built on an indian burial ground.

The main characters daughter dies and there is a scene where he is in the hospital crying at her bedside roaring take me instead .

I saw it on TV3 about 12 or 13 years ago and it feels like it may have been a straight to TV movie.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Its a film set in a new housing estate where strange things start happening to the people living in the houses and then we discover that the housing estate was built on an indian burial ground.

The main characters daughter dies and there is a scene where he is in the hospital crying at her bedside roaring take me instead .

I saw it on TV3 about 12 or 13 years ago and it feels like it may have been a straight to TV movie.

Pet Cemetery or one of the Poltergeist films maybe? I think Amityville horror might have involved a burial ground too.

Sounds very like Princes "Purple Rain"?

No deffo wasen't that.I was very young when I saw it on the telly around 1979/80 so earlier than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Could it be "Ghost Estate - Teeth of the Celtic Tiger" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

It's a horror film.

Most likely set in the 2000's.

It's about a serial killer who poses as a handy man in an apartment block.

I remember one scene where this woman gets a knock on her door and I think she's just out of the shower and she looks out the little peep hole to see who it is.

The killer then gets a drill and puts it into the peep hole getting her in the eye.

I think it was on that Horror Channel on Sky, then called Zone Horror I believe.

Anyone recognise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

It's a horror film.

Most likely set in the 2000's.

It's about a serial killer who poses as a handy man in an apartment block.

I remember one scene where this woman gets a knock on her door and I think she's just out of the shower and she looks out the little peep hole to see who it is.

The killer then gets a drill and puts it into the peep hole getting her in the eye.

I think it was on that Horror Channel on Sky, then called Zone Horror I believe.

Anyone recognise it?

The Toolbox Murders?

jh79 wrote: »
    The Toolbox Murders?

That's the one.

You're a legend, that's been annoying me for ages trying to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

That's the one.

You're a legend, that's been annoying me for ages trying to think of it.

If you liked it give the original a go.

1980s movie that I saw on video years ago.It was about these two women who were living on a house boat in the swamps somewhere like Louisiana.It was a sort of exploitation/B Movie lots of sex and violence.They were being harrased by a local policeman who I think was a serial killer.He was living with his mother who was really weird looking,kind of looked like Andy warhol.Before anyone says it it wasen't a Russ Meyer film but i'd say deffo was heavily influenced by him.

jh79 wrote: »
    If you liked it give the original a go.

I watched it years and years ago so I might just watch the original!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Somebody told me that there was a remake of 'The Exorcist' based on the alleged possession that the 1970's classic (?) was based upon ie it was a young boy who allegedly was possessed. I heard it was Liam Neelson who played the priest. Can anyone tell me if there was such a remake? Thanks

Advertisement