Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clairek123

Has anyone heard of any houses available for at least 3 people in the Maynooth area? Does anyone know any 3rd years that may be moving out next year that won't e living in theirs next year?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Hey! I have a 4 bedroom house to let for the summer. Ill be taking one room and there are 3 spare rooms (2 double, 1 single). The house is in the town centre and if I fill all the rooms we get it for 200 each pm which is dirt cheap for where it is. Its like 20 seconds from the bus stop into town so perfect if working in Dublin for the summer. PM me if interested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Single room available behind Brady's for 100 a week plus 26 a month. Lease is for as long as you are willing to pay. You will be sharing with two third year lads (myself included). Deposit is 300 euro message me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

Spacious Twin room with own ensuite available for two friends to share 10 minutes walk from college from September onwards, 80e pp per week bills included. PM if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nuim_3

Hey,

Myself and two friends have found a nice 4 bedroom house available for next year. So we are looking for a fourth person to join us. The three of us are moving into third year, we are looking for somebody similar. The house is really nice and none of the rooms are twins so everyone gets their own room. We are trying to secure it ASAP so we don't lose it! PM me if you are interested or if you know of someone who would be! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nurgle_94

Can anyone tell me what Rye Hall is like?
    I have only been in river and village apartments, but was put in rye hall when I got campus accommodation, I have no idea what the rye hall apartments look like and there is absolutely no pictures on the internet of them what i can find anyway.
    Can anyone tell me what there like at the minute or if anyone knows about apartment 18. I only know that there are 3, 5, or 7 bed apartments but I don't even know how many are in apartment 18 :/
    Much thanks for any information anyone can give me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rowlbear

I'm moving to study at NUI Maynooth in September so looking for a room to rent.

I'll be 25 come September, I've been working and renting privately for the last 4/5 years, hopefully that'll help with landlords.

Anyone looking to search for houses together or has a spare room that might be suitable, let me know.

Nurgle_94 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what Rye Hall is like?
    I have only been in river and village apartments, but was put in rye hall when I got campus accommodation, I have no idea what the rye hall apartments look like and there is absolutely no pictures on the internet of them what i can find anyway.
    Can anyone tell me what there like at the minute or if anyone knows about apartment 18. I only know that there are 3, 5, or 7 bed apartments but I don't even know how many are in apartment 18 :/
    Much thanks for any information anyone can give me :)

I don't know anything about that either first time living on campus this year but I am in apartment 16 in Rye Hall :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JMcC .. X

Barster wrote: »
    I don't know anything about that either first time living on campus this year but I am in apartment 16 in Rye Hall :P

I've lived in both river & ryehall & I preferred river - bigger kitchen & living room area & ensuite in the bedroom; but apart from that ryehall was fine for me room was fairly big with 2 toilets, a big hallway & a grand sized kitchen. Mine was a 4 bed though & I know some of the ones with more rooms than that tend to have smaller rooms! I lived in 12 so I presume both of yours would be a similar enough layout to mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

How many bedrooms in the river apartments? Moving there in September

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Five with some apartments having one shared so there'd be six housemates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Can anyone recommend a good spot for mature students which is close to campus and not too pricey? How much could I expect to pay per month for a non shared double room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

2 final year students (2014-2015) desperately need to find 2 single rooms for the next academic year. We're fairly quiet, tidy and also love a bit of craic! Really, really want to get this sorted before the exams so if anyone could help at all, please drop me a PM or even a reply here! Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 futurefailure

Five will-be second years looking for a house for next year. Four girls, one boy. Very neat and tidy and pretty sensible. If anyone knows of a house that will be empty next year, we are ready to go and can pay deposits straight away, no need to wait for anyone. Please pm if you know of a house like that that isn't on the college accom list yet or something. We're having pretty terrible luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 john123m

3 second year students looking for accomdation relitively close to campus for September..
    All neat, tidy and sensible..
    Able to pay deposit straight away
    PM if you know anywhere thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

One, possibly two, double rooms to rent for the academic year (September-June 14/15) in Beaufield. Just ten minutes walk to the university and town, quiet, pretty estate. Would be sharing with two clean, friendly, reliable female housemates - two working graduates. Looking for CLEAN, reliable and agreeable people to share with. Rooms will be 75 euro each per week with bin charges included. Bills average at 25 euro a month and you will have option to opt into sky internet bundle for 20 euro per month also.

Landlord needs one months deposit up front. If interested, mail me via PM. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lil.489

3 female third year students looking a accommodation for 14/15 academic year.
    We are clean, tidy and able to pay deposit straightway. We are looking for single bedrooms and we don't mind if the house is 4 or 5 bedroom we will find someone or people to rent straight away. We want somewhere close to campus maximum walking distance of 15-20 mins. PM if anyone knows where I can a place, thank you in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 giraffffee

Hey! 2 second year lads looking for rooms for the next college year! We're Clean and easygoing lads!Really stuck now like most people here so anything would be great! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ewilanbottero

Hey :)
    I'm a 3rd year international student (a girl) looking for a place for 14/15, from September to June - a single room preferably.
    I can pay up to €400/month, including bills (and internet).
    I'm clean, friendly and reliable!
    I'm really looking for somewhere where I'd be able to study, so no partying everyday ^^ (close to campus would be a plus).

PM me if you find anything, Thanks :D !

Is anybody having any luck finding a place? Gonna end up commuting over an hour each way in my final year, which is just not ideal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kev765

Hey, I have 2 rooms(single) to let in a 4 room house in Kingsbry for the summer. Rent will be €40 a week and other bills include electricity, gas(should be next to nothing during summer) and internet(yet to be arranged). PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beer pong got weird

Third year girl looking for a single room reasonably close to campus. I've had no luck so far so please let me know if you know of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JellyBeanx

Hi Guys,
    Double Bed bedroom in Cluain Aoibhinn. 4 girls currently there. Looking for a 5th :)
    We're all quite and like to have movie nights etc :D
    Looking for another girl. Its a ten min walk to campus and house is really nice.
    Let me know asap if you're interest. Deposit is 1 month rent. Lease is from the 8th of September to the 8th of June.

JellyBeanx wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Double Bed bedroom in Cluain Aoibhinn. 4 girls currently there. Looking for a 5th :)
    We're all quite and like to have movie nights etc :D
    Looking for another girl. Its a ten min walk to campus and house is really nice.
    Let me know asap if you're interest. Deposit is 1 month rent. Lease is from the 8th of September to the 8th of June.

I'm basically a girl, apart from my anatomy. PLZ GIVE ME UR ROOM

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JellyBeanx

I'm basically a girl, apart from my anatomy. PLZ GIVE ME UR ROOM

Hey pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Huell1995

Hello all, I've applied to go into 1st year in NUI Maynooth in September and am looking to live on campus. What's the best place to choose from River, Rye and Village and why? Pros and Cons for each place, Which would be the most ideal for a 1st year, etc.

And as far as off-campus accommodation goes where would be the best to choose? Take into factor cost, living conditions and craic ;)

Any replies would be much appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Still looking for a room for September.
    Mature Youth and Community Work student, male, clean, can cook (very well), no pets but pets in a house aren't an issue I like dogs and cats. Looking for a double room, looking for something long term, not just september - june, I'm going to be in Maynooth for 3 years and plan on getting comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Howdy,

A boy and a girl are looking for a room-share. Quiet, considerate, nerds ... essentially. Both post-grads, one computer science, one Irish. We'll be spending most of our time in the library...

Gives a PM if you've anything, Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tazmcn

Accomidation available!

Hey,
    I am undergraduate at NUIM studying Community and Youth Work. I am in my finally year and I will be going on work placement to Hong Kong for semester one. I have organised a house to rent but I am looking for someone to take it for only semester one, September to December. The house is in a lovely location and you will be sharing the house with three other students, two girls and one boy. It's €100 a week, includes bins and water charge. Gas as heating.
    PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

2nd year student looking for a room for next year, not fussy. Will take a cupboard under the stairs at this stage :P . Can pay deposit up front. PM me

cupboard.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

2nd year student looking for a room for next year, not fussy. Will take a cupboard under the stairs at this stage :P . Can pay deposit up front. PM me

cupboard.jpg

Pitty someone already bet you o it ! http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/ThreeTrending/harry-potter-room-for-rent-on-done-deal-only-200-a-month-30217833.html :pac:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:I6orXM2P11UJ:www.daft.ie/sharing/77-grosvenor-square-rathmines-rathmines-dublin/762649/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Perfect! :D Except if it's only 25 minutes walk from Dublin city centre I can only imagine how far the walk is to Maynooth :pac:

Get a bike :pac:

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Get a bike :pac:

Or a car , Maynooth's on 20 mins from the city centre

Though I imagine if you could drive you wouldn't have this problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lmsilvam

Small room available for the summer in modern, well-kept house, 8 mins from the train station, €180/mo. Sharing with three (2 male, 1 female) postgrads. Suitable for postgrads or mature students looking for a place during the summer and possibly for next year. PM for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Hello,

I'm starting work in the college in two weeks and I'm looking for a place to stay. Don't need anything too fancy. Please PM me if you have anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

So, who actually ended up on-campus for next year (2014/2015)?
    I got Village, I've been in River and Rye before so I'm completing the set! :pac:

I got rye this year, first time on campus , whats it like? :P

Barster wrote: »
    I got rye this year, first time on campus , whats it like? :P

I found Rye grand, but then again I got one of the few rooms with it's own bathroom and I was only there for about 2 months*...

*I was sick and had to defer college, not because of the room

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

I'm in River :) Whats it like?

It's the "poshest" part of campus. The rooms tend to be that bit bigger, each room has it's own bathroom which means you'll have your own loo, or a loo between ye if you're in a twin room. I've been in twin and single and found them grand.

The rent's higher in River than the other parts of campus, but all of the campus apartments I've been in have been grand, it's the people more than the fixtures and fittings that make your experience on campus a good or bad one imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Anyone looking for a room June-Late August? Rent is 80 p/w including bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yendis

Im a second year student looking for accommodation for the 2014/15 academic year.
    I know Im a bit late, but if anyone has a room to let or knows of anyone who does, Ild love to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Huell1995

'I know Im a bit late, but if anyone has a room to let or knows of anyone who does, Ild love to hear from you.'

I'm in the exact same situation myself except that I'm going into 1st year.

If anyone has a room to let please drop us a message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Lads, kind of a random question, but do the en suites in River have bath/showers or is it just standalone showers in each?

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    Lads, kind of a random question, but do the en suites in River have bath/showers or is it just standalone showers in each?

Standalone showers, with a pull-around curtain as opposed to a glass-door.
    I don't think any of the on-campus apartments have baths.

Standalone showers, with a pull-around curtain as opposed to a glass-door.

Cheers for that! So the en suites are more like tiled wet rooms, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tazmcn

Some apartments in village have baths, one bathroom with a bath and a toilet and another toilet with just a shower and a toilet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

tazmcn wrote: »
    Some apartments in village have baths, one bathroom with a bath and a toilet and another toilet with just a shower and a toilet.

I've never seen that! Which building?

So, which are the rooms with the infinity pool...?