Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I'm in River :) Whats it like?

It's the "poshest" part of campus. The rooms tend to be that bit bigger, each room has it's own bathroom which means you'll have your own loo, or a loo between ye if you're in a twin room. I've been in twin and single and found them grand.

The rent's higher in River than the other parts of campus, but all of the campus apartments I've been in have been grand, it's the people more than the fixtures and fittings that make your experience on campus a good or bad one imo.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Anyone looking for a room June-Late August? Rent is 80 p/w including bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yendis

Hi all,

Im a second year student looking for accommodation for the 2014/15 academic year.
    I know Im a bit late, but if anyone has a room to let or knows of anyone who does, Ild love to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Huell1995

'I know Im a bit late, but if anyone has a room to let or knows of anyone who does, Ild love to hear from you.'

I'm in the exact same situation myself except that I'm going into 1st year.

If anyone has a room to let please drop us a message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Lads, kind of a random question, but do the en suites in River have bath/showers or is it just standalone showers in each?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    Lads, kind of a random question, but do the en suites in River have bath/showers or is it just standalone showers in each?

Standalone showers, with a pull-around curtain as opposed to a glass-door.
    I don't think any of the on-campus apartments have baths.

Standalone showers, with a pull-around curtain as opposed to a glass-door.

Cheers for that! So the en suites are more like tiled wet rooms, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tazmcn

Some apartments in village have baths, one bathroom with a bath and a toilet and another toilet with just a shower and a toilet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

tazmcn wrote: »
    Some apartments in village have baths, one bathroom with a bath and a toilet and another toilet with just a shower and a toilet.

I've never seen that! Which building?

So, which are the rooms with the infinity pool...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eefah

Yeah this is another super late person looking for a room for the coming year.
    I'm in the middle of the leaving cert at the moment so, you know, depending on points this might not even be a issue.

but if anyone could put me in contact with a place to let, I'd reeeeally appreciate a pm about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chilipepper72

Hi,
    I'm a 20 year old student going into second year, and I'm looking for other people to share a place with, ideally second years, but I'm not fussy. If anyone's interested please pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pepperr

Going into third year next year and stuck for accommodation. Looking for people to share a house with, PM me thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

Hi guys!
    I'm going into first year in September and I'm just wondering if anybody else is in the village apartments? We could be roommates in a few months time! Whaat..it's so crazy..
    Anyway, I'm also wondering what it's like on campus and what the accomodation Iis like, if anyone has stayed there.
    Peace out people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

blackkeyes wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    I'm going into first year in September and I'm just wondering if anybody else is in the village apartments? We could be roommates in a few months time! Whaat..it's so crazy..
    Anyway, I'm also wondering what it's like on campus and what the accomodation Iis like, if anyone has stayed there.
    Peace out people

How did you go about getting that accom? I cant use the website at all

9bred4 wrote: »
    How did you go about getting that accom? I cant use the website at all
    I booked it in January. I can imagine it's a nightmare alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

blackkeyes wrote: »
    I booked it in January. I can imagine it's a nightmare alright..

Entered into the lottery system as of now so we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gary Flanagan

Hi,
    I'm a 20 year old student going into second year, and I'm looking for other people to share a place with, ideally second years, but I'm not fussy. If anyone's interested please pm me :)

Yea have you got a place cus myself and a mate cant find anywhere

9bred4 wrote: »
    Entered into the lottery system as of now so we shall see!

Good luck with that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

I was just thinkg about renting on either an apartment or a studio to live in for next year. On all the offers it is written that the lease is a min 1 year and I would like to rent it just for the college months so september until may. Does anyone knows if the landlords are willing to rent it for 10 months or it has to be a full year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

I paid a deposit of 250 for a Double Bedroom with shared bathroom in Corrib Village. Got there too late so that's all that was left. With the way the leaving cert went, I doubt I'll get the course now :(. Really don't know where else to go other than NUIG. Everything I've heard about the place is just a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JackyIRL

Hey, I'm a lad going into first year in Maynooth (hopefully). I applied for the campus lottery but to be honest I'd prefer to live in a house off campus, more fun that way. I don't know anyone else heading to NUIM so I'm looking for some housemates.
    Okay, I'm a gamer. Pretty hardcore, but not like my entire life depends on it! Also I'm a bass player so it'd be nice to have someone to jam with. I listen to Arctic Monkeys, Green Day, Queens of the stone ago and the like. Not a party animal but I like hanging out with friends.
    So that's it for now, if you're interested and have any questions just PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beeatrixx

I know I'm just one of the hoards of people who need housing but what the hell.

I'm 21, an Arts student going into my final year and urgently need somewhere to live, from either August or September onwards. I also work part time. I'm the best housemate ever. Seriously. I cook AND bake, ladies and gentleman, I clean but I'm not an obnoxious clean freak, I'm quiet and like my own space but I'm veeerrrrrry laid back and friendly too. Expect no passive aggressive bitchiness or drama from me. I also have a cat who's adorable and house-trained and just chills out on my bed or outside most of the time who I am desperate to bring with me if I can, but if the worst comes to the worst and I find the perfect house that doesn't take pets, my parents are willing to adopt him for the year.

PM IF YOU WANT A LOVELY HOUSEMATE. Please. I'm way better than everyone else. I'll bake you cupcakes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IkuZero

Hello!!

Hello, we are two sister who stay in Maynooth only for first semester. It is very difficult to find an accomodation for 4 or 5 months, so we are looking for two people who stay in second semester to let an accomodation together for a year. That is to say, we all get a accomodation for a year in which first semester me and my sister stay on and second semester whoever wants to stay on.

We are very nice, quiet and clean people. We don't like noisy peope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 win24

Hi,
    I am a sociology erasmus student from Germany coming to Maynooth from September until the end of December 2014. Like all of us I am searching for some place to live during my stay.
    After it´s quite difficult to find something for that short term I thought it would be a good idea to ask students that already live in Maynooth.
    So if anybody of you knows someone who has a free room from September until December I would be incredibly happy if you let me now.
    I promise not to be drunk, loud or messy ;)
    Thanks a lot!
    win

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DaniKoala

Hey guys, if anyone can take a couple it would be greatly appreciated. It's so hard to get a landlord that will accept couples! Im starting second year and my boyfriend is a professional. We're very easygoing and fair, so PM if interested :D cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dalmation

Hi, I am a 2nd year male student, business and management, looking for accommodation from Sept 2014, walking distance of NUIM
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I've a double room in Celbridge if anyone is still looking. There is already a couple in the house and will be another person in the single room. The double room is €250 for a single person or €400 for a couple. Heating, Sky TV and heating is included in the rent; electricity, water and bins are extra and will be divided equally between everyone.

The bus from Celbridge to Maynooth works out at €100 for unlimited travel on 30 non-consecutive days, so if you're in Monday to Friday it works out at about €67 per month. It's about a 5 min walk to the bus the bus takes 8-10 mins outside of rush hour and leaves you in the village.

You can PM if you are interested or have any questions.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tomekgw

Omg, this sounds very bad for me. People already posted here in June stating that they are a bit "late"...

It's almost August and I havent even thought about where I will live. Well, I did apply for the lottery for the on-campus accomodation. But other than that, I have nothing :D And Im abroad until the 8th of August.

And sure, what is the point in looking for accomodation now and then when you get your results and count the points, it will turn out that you didnt get enough?

I will be going into 1st year this year... Will I find it very hard to find a room in Maynooth later on? IF I wont win the lottery of course...

I have also heard that college publishes a list of houses where rooms outside the campus can be found. It's like, a program they have with the house owners. Where can I find this list? Or maybe I heard something wrong. I dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lil.489

Hiya I am a final year female student who is looking for an off campus accommodation for myself and three other girls. We are clean, lovely, quiet girls who will spent most of our time in the library - the joys of final years.

If any one knows an house available please free to message me, as we have been searching high and low since end of May and still nothing.

Thanks

Advertisement