Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WC 2014 Brasil; Starts June 12th 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Mandzuic missing first game. Too many goalscorers in Argentina for me to pick Messi.

Ah ok fair enough on Mandzuic so even still those are crazy odds seeing as there mostly the favorites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Ah ok fair enough on Mandzuic so even still those are crazy odds seeing as there mostly the favorites.

I don't trust Benzema and never will.

I'm not a big fan of Spanish football/France but I've seen him play about 20 times and he's been crap in every game. I know his record might be good but I still wouldn't go near him over that :P

I'd bet on Remy over him, but does he even start for France? :pac:

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I don't trust Benzema and never will.

I'm not a big fan of Spanish football/France but I've seen him play about 20 times and he's been crap in every game. I know his record might be good but I still wouldn't go near him over that :P

I'd bet on Remy over him, but does he even start for France? :pac:

Ya i dunno about France myself plus i have felt the same about him most the games ive seen him in this season early on was the very same.

I reckon if u flicked threw all those teams on the list though u could pick something that could win u serious money if it goes to plan.

The usual top scorers a lot of the time come up for there teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Are Powers the only ones with that market?Wouldn't mind doing a little accum but it'd be pretty hard to compare the different odds.

bradlente wrote: »
    Are Powers the only ones with that market?Wouldn't mind doing a little accum but it'd be pretty hard to compare the different odds.

Ive only noticed it on there but be surprised if they where the only ones.

Its one of my favorite picks for the big summer tournaments because u feel u have a chance right up until the very last game. Plus theres always the chance of a team doing awful but there top scorer will still come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Dammit I was going to post asking if people thought Paddy Power would put out offers - free bets and the like - a little closer to the WC (don't bet much really ever so I wasn't sure), and sure enough after I put some money down they do.

Free fiver bet for every goal your top goal scorer gets if you put down 20, and free fiver bet on Brazil v Croatia if you put down 10 on the winner.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Anyone picked any top team goal scorer bets yet??

Looking at them on Paddy Power i came very close to winning more then 100 euro in the Euros last time out had about 6 or 7 players going think Robbie Keane ****ed it for me !

http://www.paddypower.com/football/international-football/2014-world-cup?ev_oc_grp_ids=335649

Actually just noticed according to paddy power.....

Five euro on Ronaldo Dzeko Benzama Messi Fred Van persie and Mandzuic all to be top scorers for there team wins you 4418 euro!!!!!

Not 100% convinced RvP will be the Dutch top goal scorer. Strong rumours Robben might play behind him as a 2nd striker and is @5.5 to be the Dutch top goal scorer.

They will not score a lot of goals in a group with Spain, Chile and Australia.

Spain we all know are tight arses in the back, Chile, they might score against but in 3 (friendly) matches vs Australia the never won and scored 2 goals.
    Holland will have max 3 goals in the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Just a couple of bets that caught my eye:

PaddyPower's Novelty Special: Belgium to be referred to as a 'Dark Horse' on the opening broadcast on either ITV/Sky - 6/4 - be very surprised if that doesn't come home.

Secondly, Paddy is offering 18/1 on Honduras and Iran to lose all their group games. Certainly no easy games in either, but fair enough I haven't watched enough of either side to know if they have the ability to avoid defeat against the likes of Nigeria/Swiss etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Doocey wrote: »
    Just a couple of bets that caught my eye:

PaddyPower's Novelty Special: Belgium to be referred to as a 'Dark Horse' on the opening broadcast on either ITV/Sky - 6/4 - be very surprised if that doesn't come home.

Secondly, Paddy is offering 18/1 on Honduras and Iran to lose all their group games. Certainly no easy games in either, but fair enough I haven't watched enough of either side to know if they have the ability to avoid defeat against the likes of Nigeria/Swiss etc.

Iran are very defensive, they could well avoid defeat against Nigeria.

The first bet looks very interesting. Do the opening broadcasts cover a preview of the tournament?

Do you have a link for the Belgium one? Can't find it myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

bradlente wrote: »

You can compare accum odds on Oddschecker

• Advertisement

Iran are very defensive, they could well avoid defeat against Nigeria.

The first bet looks very interesting. Do the opening broadcasts cover a preview of the tournament?

Do you have a link for the Belgium one? Can't find it myself :o

Looks have shorted to 5/4 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/specials

Still should be a winner regardless, but maybe too skinny for most people!

Looks have shorted to 5/4 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/specials

Thought this was hilarious on that link: Rio Ferdinand to use the word "murked" as a BBC pundit :pac: might be worth a fiver!

And: Any goalkeeper to do a scorpion kick @ 66/1 :D

Robben, Muller, Ronaldo top scorer for their countries @44 ... Seen worse trebles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Does anyone know of a twitter account or website that collate offers or specials that might come up during the World Cup.

For example the PaddyPower offer where you get the free 5 euro bet for every goal your player gets after placing a 20 euro top scorer bet.

I know Ladbrokes had an offer last night that all European teams were double odds for the World Cup (you could get it up on til the first goal was scored in CL final). Would have like to had Spain and Italy at double odds so was sorry to miss an offer like that.

Any recommendations?

Does anyone know of a twitter account or website that collate offers or specials that might come up during the World Cup.

For example the PaddyPower offer where you get the free 5 euro bet for every goal your player gets after placing a 20 euro top scorer bet.

I know Ladbrokes had an offer last night that all European teams were double odds for the World Cup (you could get it up on til the first goal was scored in CL final). Would have like to had Spain and Italy at double odds so was sorry to miss an offer like that.

Any recommendations?

Footy accums (I think that's their name) are good on twitter, I'll get their actual username there in a second.

EDIT: it's @FootyAccums. He's fairly useless for predictions, bit of a laugh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Any recommendations?

Here you go.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4970794

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Theres some amount of money to be made in the world cup group stages.
    ' Dual Group Forecast ' ( top 2 to qualify from a group )
    eg,
    Brazil & Croatia 13/10
    Brazil & Mexico 13/10
    €200 each.
    €400 total.

Profit: €60 Easy.

What i'm worried about is paddy may restrict me betting with them, if i do try this.
    What does everyone else reckon, i know i only picked 1 group above but theres plenty more to be getting on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

DominicKid wrote: »
    eg,
    Brazil & Croatia 13/10
    Brazil & Mexico 13/10
    €200 each.
    €400 total.

What i'm worried about is paddy may restrict me betting with them, if i do try this.
    What does everyone else reckon, i know i only picked 1 group above but theres plenty more to be getting on!

See my post a few pages back mate. Wrote up a few just like that. EDIT I wrote it up in World cup Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Went with this to kick off my bets so far, going to be in spain for the first two weeks so going to get my bets done early to save the hassle of using proxys etc over there!

1513689_859410397409193_4697452297627106996_n.jpg

DominicKid wrote: »
    eg,
    Brazil & Croatia 13/10
    Brazil & Mexico 13/10
    €200 each.
    €400 total.

Looks good but many won't be willing to tie up €400 for the whole group stages for just €60 profit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

It's not a sure thing either btw,crazy things happen in these tournaments from time to time,look at France and Argentina 12 years ago.

You might get better value laying Cameroon to qualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Any recommendations?

@winningaccas1 are good. There small but I have enjoyed following them.

4/7 now - money still coming in for it.

Hope some got on at 5/4!

4/7 now - money still coming in for it.

Hope some got on at 5/4!

Dammit! Was waiting until tomorrow to back it :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Who's on pens for Belgium lads is it benteke or hazard? Gonna do a Yankee on teams top goalscorer looks like a fun market can anyone see any value In this? Like the look of Martinez @ 4-1 and haZard @ 7/2 (if he on pens!)

Who's on pens for Belgium lads is it benteke or hazard? Gonna do a Yankee on teams top goalscorer looks like a fun market can anyone see any value In this? Like the look of Martinez @ 4-1 and haZard @ 7/2 (if he on pens!)

Benteke is out threw injury Hazard maybe ?

Benteke is out threw injury Hazard maybe ?

De Bruyne took their peno tonight but Hazard and Lukaku had both gone off.

Not sure which of the two would be taking them tbh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Yikes head like a sieve forgot benteke was injured ! Hazard it is then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

An interest in the market for less than €20.

Betfair ..... 2014 FIFA World Cup - Golden Boot Award
    Wakaso Mubarak ... 804.2 ... €11.94 ... €9,590.06
    Asamoah Gyan ...... 411.6 .... €8.00 ... €3,285.00

Asamoah Gyan scored three goals in World Cup 2010 and is trading at 400.

• Advertisement

Took a Lucky 15 for peanuts on these guys to be top scorer for their country:

Robben @5.5
    Lukaku @3.25
    Bony @9
    Muller @5.5

Apart from Lukaku, none of them is the favourite to be top scorer for their team.

But as said earlier in the thread, we could see Robben play as a 2nd striker with Van Persie so should be able to nick 1 or 2 in that role.
    Van Persie is on the penalties which is obviously a downside for this one.

Muller, always seem to do well on the tournaments and Klose might get a goal to break Ronaldo's (the real one) WC record but cant see him score too many.

Bony, bit of a gamble there. Just hope he gets what he deserves, a place in the starting 11 and with the group they are in, 1 goal might be enough to get that top scorer title.

Lukaku, obvious as was shown last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement