Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show (April 25th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all :)

I feel a strange night lies ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'll be taping this tonight, so enjoy everyone!...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Mr. Nutini will cheer me up anyway. God, I could listen to that young man...............

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Evening all :)

I feel a strange night lies ahead...

I remember Frank Sidebottom was a regular on Mark and Lard's old Wednesday Night Programme (also called Hit The North) on the original Radio 5. Happy Days.

Do all the Fassbender Fans realise he'll be wearing a big Frank Sidebottom Head in this fillum? That might be a disappointment to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

sopretty wrote: »
    Mr. Nutini will cheer me up anyway. God, I could listen to that young man...............

He's a ride! Saw him on Graham Norton the other week and his new song ain't half bad either.

• Advertisement

He's a ride! Saw him on Graham Norton the other week and his new song ain't half bad either.

Oh stop it. His accent, his voice, his face, ........... he's the one threat to our relationship in my partner's eyes lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

sopretty wrote: »
    Oh stop it. His accent, his voice, his face, ........... he's the one threat to our relationship in my partner's eyes lol.

I think the biggest threat to your relationship is the fact that your partner fancies Paolo Nutini.. :pac:

I think the biggest threat to your relationship is the fact that your partner fancies Paolo Nutini.. :pac:

Lol, himself indoors can't stick him. Gushing about a young lad probably isn't the most endearing trait I possess :pac:

Skid X wrote: »
    I remember Frank Sidebottom was a regular on Mark and Lard's old Wednesday Night Programme (also called Hit The North) on the original Radio 5. Happy Days.

Living in North West England for a period, you would see Frank on every regional programme - one week he would be fronting his own chat show, the next week he was fronting a cooking programme...all of them seemed to be axed after a few episodes :D

You never knew where he came from, or why he was there...'that guy with the papier-mache head', but he was always funny! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Given the Frank stuff is pre recorded is it likely to be the first bit on?

• Advertisement

Living in North West England for a period, you would see Frank on every regional programme - one week he would be fronting his own chat show, the next week he was fronting a cooking programme...all of them seemed to be axed after a few episodes :D

You never knew where he came from, or why he was there...'that guy with the papier-mache head', but he was always funny! :)

Ha, that sounds like Frank alright :)

Here he is on Podge and Rodge performing a Morrissey Cover Medley to a bemused audience. 'hon the Frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Hopefully he mentions the Cuchullain project he's working on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Remember Jeremy Clarkson interviewing Michael Fender Bass?

JC "so you're half Irish, half German?"
    M FB "ye....."
    JC "so you like doing things perfectly....but you'll do it tomorrow"

I think given the volume of pre-recorded content on the show this year, we will see a few changes in the autumn. Obviously they cannot get any sort of A listers live - Anchorman crew were pre-recorded too this season. Next season will probably see it chopped by half an hour. It's too long to fill with quality content.

Beethoven must be rolling in his grave..

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

I am a cider drinker
    I drinks it all the day
    I am a cider drinker
    It soothes all my troubles away
    Ooh arr ooh arr aay

Beethoven must be rolling in his grave..

I like how they got a cute puppeh into the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I'll be taping this tonight, so enjoy everyone!...:)

pffft...."taping".....don't forget to enter your video+ code into your VHS player. :D

Good evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

"all star guests and strobe lighting"

excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening All :)

Decent line up this evening, lets hope Tubs gives us a good show!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ist clip - 13 seconds in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Oh great. The misery slot at the start of the show, instead of the end. That's a new one. :rolleyes:

Classy start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭kaisersuzy

Doesn't matter who he has on, he's a train wreck of an interviewer...an embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tubs would even draw tears from Jack Bauer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I can't feel my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CKrules

Waaaaay too early for this.....

That's a new record for the tears.. Joe Duffy is currently ringing RTE management to find out who permitted Tubridy raiding his closet..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Evening all. Trying a nice Franciscan Well Rebel Red tonight. Delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Meningitis is every parents nightmare. It's always good to know the symptoms.

meningitis.gif

• Advertisement

She's like me after I had my child. I'd bawl crying at the kindest word.

Advertisement