Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show (April 25th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

decent........would that statement hold up in a court of law. objection your honour!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So a single A lister of sorts, an an ex teenie bopper media personality at best, A band that were good 20 years ago and is that the guy who's wife was murdered in Australia? Probably a very nice man and a terrible tragedy. Its a sad inditement of how bad the show is that the word decent gets used for that line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    decent........would that statement hold up in a court of law. objection your honour!

Compared to last week, it's decent. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

salmocab wrote: »
    So a single A lister of sorts

To be fair Fassbender is a bonefide A-lister.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Michael Fassbender, Domhnall Glesson and Lenny Abrahamson talk about their new film Frank.

Tom Dunne and Something Happens celebrate their 30th anniversary

Ex Liberty X-er Michelle Heaton joins Ryan to talk about motherhood and her newborn son’s recovery from viral meningitis

Former Rapid Presenter and Dublin GAA, UCD and Shamrock Rovers player Jason 'Jayo' Sherlock might wander in

Scottish Popster Paolo Nutini will perform a song from his new Album 'Caustic Love'

Tom Meagher, husband of the late Jill Meagher gives his first Irish broadcast interview and talks about the his wife’s murder and the chilling moment when his wife’s killer first spoke in court. He has just been announced as a National Advocate for the White Ribbon Campaign in Ireland.

The Winner of last week's I can't believe it's not Stars in Their Eyes Sing Off will be announced.

CLIPWATCH INDEX - EXTREMELY HIGH - PREDICTED TOTAL CLIPS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 22 AND 26

Alert.png

After a freakishly low number of clips last week this looks like a busy week for the RoisColl Machine. Please prepare now and advise your friends and neighbours to take all necessary action well in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Get ready to cringe for the Fassbender interview.

'So Michael, do you consider yourself Irish?'

'On a scale of one to ten, Michael, how Irish are you?'

'Do you know any Irish songs, Michael? Would you join me in singing 'The Rose of Tralee'?'

'What's your favourite national symbol, Michael? Would it be shamrocks or harps?'

'Can you do Irish dancing, Michael? Dance for me, Michael. DANCE FOR ME! DANCE FOR ME, IRISH MAN!'

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

one could do as i do, never watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

That is one of the better line ups of the season bar Michelle Heaton. Even though it will be on the misery slot I will be very interested to hear about Tom Meaghers story.
    A few predictions for Tubs tomorrow night
    Tubs: " So Domhnall, what is a Gleeson breakfast like in the morning? Does the Da cook the fry?"
    Tubs: " So Michael, your a hollywood legend now, what do they think of us over there?"
    Tubs: " So Jason what was it like being part of a small minority in Ireland for so long, a Dub with an All Ireland medal " followed by an onslaught of stomach sickening fake laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Did the kitteh and puppeh go to the taped version of the show or are they trapped in the dungeons in RTE until the "live" show?....:eek:

***stresses for the lost kitteh's and puppeh's***

***after all, if they think Mr. T is dead, who will look for the kitteh's?????***

:(

The puppeh's may have gone on an outing here.... :)

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/education/the-perfect-chillout-option-irish-university-hosts-destressing-puppy-room-for-students-30214760.html

But the kitteh alert still stands....:(...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,725 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Take a parachute, and jump! :D

Parachute_Cat_4F8F19CF-FFA5-EA38-E8C22ABFAD4A08E6.jpg

• Advertisement

Take a parachute, and jump! :D

WM....The saviour of Kitt-eh's everywhere!!.....;)

And introduced by the late late Pat Kenny......no wait, he's not either....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah, lads that's a daycent enough line up. Yep, happy with that.

Never, ever, thought I'd post something like this, but I seem to remember Michelle Heaton having a ****e time to tell us about last time. Hope things have picked up for her. (Though i would appreciate a 30 second update, that'll do it. No more).

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ah, lads that's a daycent enough line up. Yep, happy with that.

Never, ever, thought I'd post something like this, but I seem to remember Michelle Heaton having a ****e time to tell us about last time. Hope things have picked up for her. (Though i would appreciate a 30 second update, that'll do it. No more).

She had a Double Masectomy last time. Her son had Viral Meningitis recently (although he recovered, thankfully).

I like Michelle. She sent me a nice tweet once :)

Skid X wrote: »

*raises eyebrow*

Go on...

:-D

I remember the last time she was on the LLS, she broke down in tears...made for uncomfortable viewing :(

She had a Double Masectomy last time. Her son had Viral Meningitis recently (although he recovered, thankfully).

That's lovely Skid! :)

Hope all goes well for her, she appeared to be very vulnerable the last time she was on...I, for one, was critical of the decision to interview her in the first place.

I wish her and her son well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The crew from Frank has decent potential.

Nutini is a great singer and should provide a musical treat.

Mr Meagher wrote a compelling and considered opinion piece for the Guardian recently and could top the lot.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/18/jill-meagher-husband-forget-the-lone-monster-myth-society-has-a-role-in

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Strewth, I though Tom Meagher was the actor who plays Alf in H&A (but alas that is Ray Meagher)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Strewth, I though Tom Meagher was the actor who plays Alf in H&A (but alas that is Ray Meagher)

Jesus, is one A lister not enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus, is one A lister not enough?

Alf Stewart the legend is beyond A list :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

That's lovely Skid! :)

Hope all goes well for her, she appeared to be very vulnerable the last time she was on...I, for one, was critical of the decision to interview her in the first place.

I wish her and her son well.

At the time watching that interview, I really felt what she needed more than appearing on a chat show, was some truely good, reliable friends.

I hope that given what she and her family have been through they have that now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Pre-record?
    See pic from today's metro

What's Jason Sherlock on for?? An ex gaa player who works in a hotel now. Like he presented rapid for rte about 20 years ago (ah there's the answer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

The Bass player from Something Happens just Happens to be the director of the LLS and sometimes SNS. Who'd have thunk it?
    Take a bow Alan Byrne.

Can Linn and Kasey Smith return to the LLS tonight to reprise their Eurosong entry, Heartbeat. There was so much going on the night they won, I think many people hardly noticed the winner.

Also on is Billy 'Son of John B' Keane, talking about the new production of his Dad's Play 'Moll' which starts in Dublin's Gaiety theatre soon. And his Ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Michael Fassbender, Domhnall Glesson and Lenny Abrahamson talk about their new film Frank.

Gleeson making his 100th appearance this year. Wonder will he be messing with his shoe laces this time? Out and out poser!

Can Linn and Kasey Smith return to the LLS tonight to reprise their Eurosong entry, Heartbeat. There was so much going on the night they won, I think many people hardly noticed the winner.

Also on is Billy 'Son of John B' Keane, talking about the new production of his Dad's Play 'Moll' which starts in Dublin's Gaiety theatre soon.

All I remember from that night are:-

''Gobsh*te''

''Odious little man''

''Level playing field''

''Louis' payroll''

Would be nice to have my memory refreshed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So michael do you consider yourself more german or IRISH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I remember the last time she was on the LLS, she broke down in tears...

You're gonna have to narrow it down a small bit, that could be about 90% of the guests on this season's Late Late....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There is one good reason to tune into the LLS tonight.

Young Fassbender from Killarney!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

I am SO excited about tonight's show! It's like the good old days with a decent line-up for once!

Have already started on the wine and am watching a Game of Thrones which will keep me busy right up until the start of the show, yay!

Bring it on :)

Advertisement