Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    she looked like the twin towers falling.
    iDave wrote: »
    Trying to visualise this. Did the weigh of her head collapse down into her body until completely imploded and then a pulverised debris cloud spread out in every direction?

Is there a conspiracy at work here. An inside job as Jim Corr would say. Did she fall from the punch or some carefully placed explosives?

Edit: great minds duggy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So you respond to scummy behaviour by engaging in the same scummy behaviour yourself. There is no excuse for violence, it wasn't self defense, you reacted to the situation with violence rather than make sure your friend was okay, call security or anyone of many other things you could have done. Have you done this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

So, was she a 'fat bitch' before or after she hit your friend?

Actually, I don't really care, don't bother answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

If the whale had of hit me then yeah id have cracked her one back. Gender has no standing in my rule book

. But not just cause free willy was issusing out smackdowns to randomers.

did you at least get a sympathy ride out of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Big Steve wrote: »
    Had they punched you in the face, floored you & left you with a bloody nose and then you socked her one back I'd say fair enough but in this instance no you were not justified. You sucker punched a person who sucker punched another person.

But my friend was defenseless and she was on the floor, looking up to a 6ft 15st bitch. Don't think she was exactly in the position to fight her so I step in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Never never ever hit a women. you should be ashamed. go and apologise immediatly

Dont agree with this. Equality is equality and there is the very rare situation in which you should. If its self defence im all for it. My friend was attacked by a pscho girl with a broken glass bottle and if he had the courage to hit her first while she attacked him with her hands rather than trying to stop her he wouldn't have sustained the injuries he did when she eventually bottled him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

But my friend was defenseless and she was on the floor, looking up to a 6ft 15st bitch. Don't think she was exactly in the position to fight her so I step in.

Should have juct chucked a bottle of baby oil on them and enjoyed the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'd say it was an inside job and somebody put explosives inside her to make it look like she was falling from a punch.
    Is there a conspiracy at work here. An inside job as Jim Corr would say. Did she fall from the punch or some carefully placed explosives?

Edit: great minds duggy

I'd say he deliberately starting talking to someone else to provoke her to punch the friend. Then public opinion would then allow him to launch an attack on the fat bitch. Its so obvious. How cant people see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

While the OPs description is less than kind, I do have to wonder if people would have the same problem, if the OP punched a man who had punched his friend?

The way I see it, if you go around punching people, you really shouldn't be surprised if someone punches you back. Gender is irrelevant to the situation imho. Now maybe there was a better way to handle things, e.g. calling security etc, but its hard to say with so little detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Most of the time I'd be really against lads hitting women and all that...

But when a ho needs to be put back in line...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

she totally deserved it.

might teach her a lesson to act a bit more ladylike in future - knowing that men WILL possibly hit her back if she does anything like that again.

plus, as you said, she was a fat b!tch, so it's a case of the OP saying "pick on someone your own size"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Just listen to Sir Sean Connery here :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Get in the middle and stop it with out going "In Bruges" on Viscera.

P.s. 15 Stone for someone who is 6ft isn't that big either.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nothing like one simple three letter word to allow people show their true colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

If you are going to throw a punch be ready to take a punch...
    If someone punched my friend in the face while I was talking to them I don't known if I would waste time trying to work out if the attacker was male or female...
    In as short a time as possible you need to decide:
    Is this person going to keep hitting my friend?
    Is this person going to hit me?
    How dangerous is this person?

Women in general *might* be less violent then men but once she threw that punch she's shown that she's a violent person...
    Men might be in general stronger than women, but a glass, knife or other weapon will still cut you up.
    Any attacker whether male or female may be a serious threat.

I think as a gut reaction hitting a person attacking your friend is not much worse if they are female than male.
    Ideally, if she wasn't throwing more punches you shouldn't have hit her... getting her on assault changes would have been better in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

This has to be the dumbest thread since that lad who wanted to ask some other lads girlfriend out to a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nothing like one simple three letter word to allow people show their true colours.

Red is it

mikehunts wrote: »
    Red is it
    Yeah that's the one. Red bastards and bitches everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Never never ever hit a women. you should be ashamed. go and apologise immediatly

erm no!

i once knocked a woman clean out because she came at me with a broken glass with all intents of slicing me open. Should i have put my hands out in a non aggressive manner and tried to engage her in calming dialogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

bumper234 wrote: »
    erm no!

i once knocked a woman clean out because she came at me with a broken glass with all intents of slicing me open. Should i have put my hands out in a non aggressive manner and tried to engage her in calming dialogue?

Was she fat? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

There are already cracks showing in his story, I say he's bluffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭MW2FAN

I completely disagree wth this, women are always complaining about how they aren't being treated equally. You want equal? If a girl punched me they could 100% expect a loaf back. Now before you go arguing about how my view is so narrow-minded I've been doing martial arts for 9 years with men and women so I guess punching anyone wouldn't phase me as much as someone who doesn't do what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If a big person came over and punched a small friend of mine unprovoked, then I'd do something. Especially if the person they hit was unable to defend themselves. By do something I mean whatever is best for the situation, be that restrain them or punch them. I wouldn't want to accidentally hit someone somewhere that could possibly kill them*, i.e. in the head, so I'd probably go for the restrain.

*not claiming I have the power to kill someone with a punch but hitting people in the head is dangerous

Was she fat? ?
    Doubt it. He would have robbed her while she was unconscious if she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

bumper234 wrote: »
    erm no!

You should have grabbed her wrists with just enough force to stop her putting the bottle in you but not so much that she says "you're hurting me!" and then held her like that until the bouncer comes over to throw you out. Hopefully she won't have kicked you in rhe crotch before that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

So I was out last night with the lads, few pints and shots were had and then I went straight for the dancefloor looking to settle for my score for the night. As I was going through different women on the floor, I danced with them for a bit to see if they were interested. If not, I'd move on to the next one. At one stage, there was a "fat bitch" and I didn't want to look like an arsehole, ignoring her so I danced with her for a bit but moved on as I wasn't interested.

Next I met my friend so I started chatting up with her until suddenly, I was pushed aside by this fat bitch I danced before and she floored my friend. Gave my friend a bloody nose so I reacted instantly and decked her in the face. When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling. I never met this cúnt before and I was lost at why did she punch my friend for no reason. :confused: Jealousy?

Was that punch I threw justified or did I step over the line?

Watch till the end, its worth it I swear :D

Was she fat? ?

Nope skinny as ****, 20 minutes later her friend nearly skewered my left bollock with a 6" heel. I don't miss the Harp bar at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Youzername

They may not be 'fat' for their height, but 6ft and 15 stone is definitely big! :eek:

Doubt it. He would have robbed her while she was unconscious if she was.

Bit of a scurrilous accusation there.....care to elaborate or retract? :mad:

• Advertisement

kiffer wrote: »
    You should have grabbed her wrists with just enough force to stop her putting the bottle in you but not so much that she says "you're hurting me!" and then held her like that until the bouncer comes over to throw you out. Hopefully she won't have kicked you in rhe crotch before that happens.

I had her boyfriend in a headlock and i was the bouncer :D

Advertisement