Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Man Syndrome.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Small Jockey, big whip. I think it's something to do with science.

You're confusing me with all that scientific lingo there. Can you put it in simpler terms? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

My first boss was a shortarse and a complete little twat. David Brent but more vindictive. He was moved on to manage another supermarket and was replaced by a tall guy who was a real gentleman. So as generalisations go, this is a good one!

It's not just short lads, it's lads in general who have an attribute which can't be changed through working out etc that they feel makes them conventionally less attractive than other lads. Not that they tend to be bitter, but that they tend to push themselves harder in other ways to over compensate for what they see as a starting handicap.

Can attest to this myself, I have a slight problem with embarrassingly puffy nipples which is the reason I spend so much time in the gym on my triceps, back etc - it's overemphasizing the things you can actually do something about to minimize the things you can't.

I'm sure there's an interesting psychological discussion to be had there somewhere :D

Puffy nipples? I'm intrigued....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

You're confusing me with all that scientific lingo there. Can you put it in simpler terms? :pac::pac:

To quote a conversation a friend of mine had with an amazingly drunk lad who was (I think???) trying to chat her up:

"I have a small willy, but I know how to use it!"
    "...Do you?"
    "......Well kind of!"

I actually just remembered a short guy who was nicknamed 'Tripod'.

Never really thought about it, but now I'll look at him in a new light.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Candie wrote: »
    I'll know when I meet him, and he could be pretty short or pretty tall, I don't have a list of preferences. Taller than me is a must, but I'm tiny (less than 5ft).

good luck i hope you find what your looking for regardless of height its whats inside that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Agricola wrote: »
    My first boss was a shortarse and a complete little twat. David Brent but more vindictive. He was moved on to manage another supermarket and was replaced by a tall guy who was a real gentleman. So as generalisations go, this is a good one!

Another generalisation, but supermarket managers always appear to be complete arseholes. Going round with a clipboard hectoring and berating their staff as customers shop. Made even worse when the manager is a little shortarse in a cheap suit.

Candie wrote: »
    I actually just remembered a short guy who was nicknamed 'Tripod'.

Never really thought about it, but now I'll look at him in a new light.:)

Not surprised. Spain is jam packed full of short fellas - I came here for a reason, Candie. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

good luck i hope you find what your looking for regardless of height its whats inside that counts.

What if she's looking for a tall man who doesn't get all huffy because he misunderstood her posts?

Muise... wrote: »
    What if she's looking for a tall man who doesn't get all huffy because he misunderstood her posts?
    fair point theirs alot of huffters on this thread:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

In my experience short men are generally angry little parasites. I briefly dated a short guy when I was about 18, he had such a small penis that I actually thought he was deformed. Dumped him shortly after that, yes I am that shallow, but he was a complete twat. Genuinely pitied the guy, just not enough to shag him.

He has a couple of kids now, I'm surprised he managed it tbh.

I've never suggested otherwise. :)

In my experience short men are generally angry little parasites. I briefly dated a short guy when I was about 18, he had such a small penis that I actually thought he was deformed. Dumped him shortly after that, yes I am that shallow, but he was a complete twat. Genuinely pitied the guy, just not enough to shag him.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Maybe he finally met a decent woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Muise... wrote: »
    Maybe he finally met a decent woman?
    Nah, I was at school with her, she's a cow and he's an arsehole, they deserve each other:P

Jenny...is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Were you at an audition for the desolation of smaug part deux?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I'm just back from a meeting that was chaired by a little, fat arsehole of a man. The type that is nearly taller sitting down than he is standing up. It got me thinking that over the years I've encountered plenty of short men who were complete arseholes. Much more so than tall men (which I'd count myself as being).

This has become known as Napoleon Complex over the years. Does being closer to the ground do something to the personality of small men? Is it over-compensation? Is it jealousy because tall people tend to get paid more?

Ehh ar**holes come in all shapes and sizes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I am a human chode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

There are plenty arseholes in the world, short and tall, but I think there's sense behind the theory that some short men feel they need to compensate by shouting louder, working harder or whatever you want.

I hate they saying "Small Man Syndrome" though, I think it says more about the person who uses it than the person they're describing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

I am a human chode

did you learn the word Chode in australia by any chance!?

HAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Small little ****ers need a good kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Napolean was actually average height for his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

It appears that researchers and academics have noticed this as well.

Oxford Professor

"The taller you are, for instance, the more likely you are to go on to higher education. This is true even after controlling for cognitive ability, suggesting that some kind of subtle – indeed unconscious – bias may be operating among educators. Being tall is also associated with career success: in fact it has been estimated that a person who is six feet tall is likely to earn around £100,000 more over the course of a 30-year career than someone who is five foot four. And as if this weren't sufficient, being tall is likely to help in your romantic life too: altezza mezza bellezza, as the Italians say – height is half of beauty. Thus taller adolescents of both sexes typically date more than their shorter peers, and tall men are more likely to find a long-term partner, or indeed several. (It's not all roses for the tall, however: they are more likely to be bitten by midges.".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I'm 5'5 and used to be a bit of an arsehole. Nothing to do with my height, I just never noticed I was being an arsehole. Eventually about ten years ago I noticed it and stopped.

Personally I enjoy being shorter, far more leg room and no-one ever asks me to get stuff off the top shelf. Funny thing is that not once in my life has anyone mentioned my height. Actually I'm the one who makes the jokes, especially since my girlfriend is a good four inches taller in her bare feet and six in the shoes she normally wears. Whenever we hug (which is very often) I get a faceful of boobs. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It appears that researchers and academics have noticed this as well.

Oxford Professor

"The taller you are, for instance, the more likely you are to go on to higher education. This is true even after controlling for cognitive ability, suggesting that some kind of subtle – indeed unconscious – bias may be operating among educators. Being tall is also associated with career success: in fact it has been estimated that a person who is six feet tall is likely to earn around £100,000 more over the course of a 30-year career than someone who is five foot four. And as if this weren't sufficient, being tall is likely to help in your romantic life too: altezza mezza bellezza, as the Italians say – height is half of beauty. Thus taller adolescents of both sexes typically date more than their shorter peers, and tall men are more likely to find a long-term partner, or indeed several. (It's not all roses for the tall, however: they are more likely to be bitten by midges.".

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

In my experience an awful lot of short dudes have a chip on their shoulder, a little tiny chip.
    Yes, they may be somewhat physically inferior and women tend to not find short men that attractive, and all that, but
    that's no excuse to take it out on tall people and those of normal height.
    Given power, in the workplace for instance, they appear to be the ones quickest to become nasty bullies.
    If short people have a complex about their height they should seek help in dealing with their issues, rather than lashing out at innocents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

Can't reach the those grapes because you're short?
    Ah sure they're probably sour anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

How short defines a short person?

• Advertisement

Advertisement