Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In The Playpen - iamanengine (hooray)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What's the story behind your username? It's a song by Neutral Milk Hotel, and quite the song at that, I believe I was listening to it when I set up my account :)

What's your worst habit? Biting my nails, everyone goes mental at me and says I'll get worms or something, but it just cannot be helped!!

Cats or dogs? I would probably consider myself a dog person more then a cat one buuut I don't have a dog but we do have a cat who we've had for maybe 9 years and he is my actually best friend of all time, the man is a hero :pac:

How would you like to improve C&H? More active posters is all it needs really, maybe a few new thread ideas, but mostly, the more people who post the better it is overall, but not much you can do about that

Favourite things about Galway? (Aside from the copious amounts of illegal substances :p) haha I'm getting quite the name for myself...oh dear :P Um alcohol? But really, it's just such a chill place, everyone is so relaxed and laidback, love that about Galway :D

What's your favourite book? Hmm, tough one, reading the Game of Thrones series at the moment which are amazing, loved the Harry Potter's to bits back in the day...but as a singular book, I really really really loved 1984!

aaaand... What's your most cherished memory? :) Ugh, I couldn't possibly say in a public forum, my apologies :P

thanksgoodnight

For reference -

Well friends, it looks my time in this little glorious playpen is soon to be over :(

While I've had a lot of fun I would like to mention one thing, for anyone who cares to listen :P

So, I know I talked a lot about drugs, well, answered a lot about drugs and I know I seemed very happy and chill about it. But, I think it needs to be said, that, it really is not normal behavior, it's certainly not something you should really try and get into.

Sure experimenting is grand (I guess) but really, when it came to it when I 1st started at that craic about a year ago, it was a coping mechanism for a lot of **** that was going on with me and while yes it made things easier, kind of, it's not something you should turn to, you become dependent on it.

Now, while I never got that bad it is something I realised was starting to happen to me, and I would hate it if my playpen encouraged anyone else to sink into that hole, it really is not a great place to be.

And don't worry, I am happily on the other side of it now and pretty damn happy with life :D

So yes, LOVE YOU GUYS xoxo

P.s. ASK MOAR QUESTIONS DAMMIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Well friends, it looks my time in this little glorious playpen is soon to be over :(

While I've had a lot of fun I would like to mention one thing, for anyone who cares to listen :P

So, I know I talked a lot about drugs, well, answered a lot about drugs and I know I seemed very happy and chill about it. But, I think it needs to be said, that, it really is not normal behavior, it's certainly not something you should really try and get into.

Sure experimenting is grand (I guess) but really, when it came to it when I 1st started at that craic about a year ago, it was a coping mechanism for a lot of **** that was going on with me and while yes it made things easier, kind of, it's not something you should turn to, you become dependent on it.

Now, while I never got that bad it is something I realised was starting to happen to me, and I would hate it if my playpen encouraged anyone else to sink into that hole, it really is not a great place to be.

And don't worry, I am happily on the other side of it now and pretty damn happy with life :D

So yes, LOVE YOU GUYS xoxo

P.s. ASK MOAR QUESTIONS DAMMIT

I realise Im only new here so I wouldnt be included but gwan

Do some HOs

Damn those are some fine HOs

PS It means honest opinion...what do you make of everyone on the thread

And the sh1t stirring has commenced :D

I only give h/o's about myself and obviously, I am awesome.

Really I like everyone on this forum, I seem to be able to relate to most people in some way or another, usually either through music, the funny stories people come out with, their similar arghhs etc, everybody's got something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

So tell us about the real you. who you really are. :pac:

Jhcx wrote: »
    So tell us about the real you. who you really are. :pac:

I'm actually a schizophrenic chef who moonlights as an NUIG law student.

Go figure.

Wow. such detail. Actually in todays world that would probably make a lot of sense

Also the take on woody the wood pecker before this ends

How many ships could a ship ship ship if a ship ship could ship ships?

aOqNj22_460s.jpg

• Advertisement

Jhcx wrote: »
    Also the take on woody the wood pecker before this ends

How many ships could a ship ship ship if a ship ship could ship ships?

aOqNj22_460s.jpg

I actually seen one or two of them in person when I was working on a port in London during the summer they are frickin HUGE!! Really cool too.

Um, to answer your question, quite a lot of ships :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Do you love Black Francis? Give reasons for your answer.

Do you love Black Francis? Give reasons for your answer.

Ok so, tough question, this could be a long answer. :P

I LOVE the Pixies, they are so god damn awesome. Doolittle is one of my all time favourite albums and Surfer Rosa is epic in its own right too. Gunna be seeing them along with Arcade Fire and I am insanely excited! Can you imagine seeing the likes of Debaser, Gouge Away, Bone Machine?! It's gunna be insane!!!

But that said, Black Francis seems like kind of a d*ck. I always get he vibe that he never wanted any of the others in the band to get vocals. Like Kim had Gigantic which is epic and even the drummer had La La Love You which is a good tune. The fact that Kim didn't come back for the reunion tour kind of seems like there is bitterness there. But that might have nothing to do with Black Francis I guess.

And I heard that the Kim that replaced Kim Deal was kicked out of the band because she stage dived?!? It's like he thinks hes too cool for that, or at least The Pixies are too cool for that.

Of course I could be totally wrong here and maybe none of that stuff was to do with him but that's the vibe I get. Forget who said it but one of the members said that being in the Pixies was more like a business then a band.

So I hope that, vaguely answers your question.

In short, I love his music, all the other stuff kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth towards him but I don't let it affect the music which is the main thin anyways :D

Now, I'm gunna go listen to a sh*t tonne of Pixies :D:D:D

Edit - Now that I think of it, he was a major d*ck! I forgot, after Doolittle he basically took over the band and gave no one else like any input, even though Kim Deal is AWESOME. Hon the Breeders!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

/thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement