Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB: 2014 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anna's foot was off the bag and the glove(and therefore the ball) was touching him as it lifted and was called safe. Even the Yankees tv lads were saying it was clear he was out. What's the point of having replay when you don't overturn the call ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Alfredo Simon must be gutted. Allowing only 1 run over 8 innings and still get the loss. I'll be honest I'd never heard go him until he did a similar job on the Mets last week but for a so called spot starter, he seems to pretty good.

Is the mets game starting at half two ? I woke up at about five and the game was still on from last night. Losing the way they did on a walk off must be very annoying to the team and to us fans.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Anna's foot was off the bag and the glove(and therefore the ball) was touching him as it lifted and was called safe. Even the Yankees tv lads were saying it was clear he was out. What's the point of having replay when you don't overturn the call ?

In the end the MLB admitted they were wrong.

I guess it's better to sort this now.

But yeah, ugh.

Is the mets game starting at half two ? I woke up at about five and the game was still on from last night. Losing the way they did on a walk off must be very annoying to the team and to us fans.

Yeah, losing on a walk off hit by pitch is annoying, especially considering they intentionally walked a guy to load the bases. Last night was nearly a worse loss though with Valverde's tendency to let people get on base finally catching up with him. So far this season nearly every time he comes on he's given up hits and let people get on base but he's always managed to avoid disaster and get himself out of his mess but last night it caught up with him. After getting the first two of the 9th, he then gives up 2 hits and then a 3 run homer to tie the game.

Had they not come back and won it in the 13th, that would have been a much more painful loss than Friday night's.

• Advertisement

Like buses for Justin Verlander. He goes 6 years and 26 at-bats waiting for his first career hit, then he gets two in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jimmy Rollins hit a walk off HR last night here in Philly. Always been one of my favourite SS's

Strange goings on in Cincinnati. The Reds get two men thrown out at the plate on the same play. Never saw that before.

They're still way ahead so it shouldn't affect the result but it was funny to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Blue Jays batter drove the ball low and hard, it bounced over the 3rd base and went outside towards the stand

The ball girl thought it was a foul ball and picked it up

The officals declared a ground rule double

Never saw that before :)

Strange stuff all around today.

Back to back to back HRs for the Angels.

EDIT - followed by a double that was about a foot away from being a HR too!

• Advertisement

The angels just hit their third straight HR :(

Colon is being hit all over the place.

Jesus the angels having scored three runs in the fourth and are leading 7-1.

Jesus the angels having scored three runs in the fourth and are leading 7-1.

Are you still watching? 5 HRs today for the Angels. And throw in a couple of bases loaded walks and runs scored on wild pitches and you have a bit of a bad day at the office for the Mets.

It's not the result that the bad part though. After going 11 and 13 innings the past 2 nights, they needed a long start from Colon to save the bullpen but that didn't happen so they'll be shot now for Arizona.

Probably have to make a roster move and get a fresh arm from las vegas.

Jeter and Pedroia sitting tonight with minor injuries.

Sizemore back batting lead off.

Are you still watching? 5 HRs today for the Angels. And throw in a couple of bases loaded walks and runs scored on wild pitches and you have a bit of a bad day at the office for the Mets.

It's not the result that the bad part though. After going 11 and 13 innings the past 2 nights, they needed a long start from Colon to save the bullpen but that didn't happen so they'll be shot now for Arizona.

Probably have to make a roster move and get a fresh arm from las vegas.

Turned it off after that last post.

Turned it off after that last post.

You're lucky.

To be fair, I'd the sound down and was watching the Masters but could still see what was going on. Wright and Murph were both ejected too.

You're lucky.

To be fair, I'd the sound down and was watching the Masters but could still see what was going on. Wright and Murph were both ejected too.

Yeah just read that about murph and wright. I was watching the golf aswell but had the alerts on so knew the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Yankees take 3 of 4. Great feeling, that. Yesterday was a beautiful sports day with Liverpool and the Yankees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Man those Braves just have the Nats number right now. We cant seem to get a win or any luck against them! :-p

If it was ever wondered are teams built to compete against Division rivals just have a look at what the Braves have done.

Yankees hand the Red Sox a loss in their first series of the year. Red Sox really struggling to find their bats at the moment.

Brewers , what a turn around! Are they for real? Certainly looks like it at the moment, but such a tough division. Still any team thats 10-2 has to be respected. Ryan Braun certainly looks back to his steroid fueled MVP best and their starting pitching has been lights out.

Interesting season so far. Love what the A's are doing over there again so competitive with a tiny wage bill. Immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Alfredo Simon must be gutted. Allowing only 1 run over 8 innings and still get the loss. I'll be honest I'd never heard go him until he did a similar job on the Mets last week but for a so called spot starter, he seems to pretty good.

That spot-starter tag is about to drop off....Latos has been shut down.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Yankees take 3 of 4. Great feeling, that. Yesterday was a beautiful sports day with Liverpool and the Yankees.

John Henry would disagree. ;)

I know I've been quiet a couple of days.......fear not, I have not abandoned the Reds.......I had a good excuse not to be on here bragging about yesterday's offensive explosion.

67954_10152333208066203_778426182402766439_n.jpg

Embarrassing stat of the day........The Milwaukee Brewers (6) after 2 weeks already have more road wins than the Milwaukee Bucks (5), with only 2 games left in the NBA season, the Bucks are 5-35 on the road.

Embarrassing stat of the day........The Milwaukee Brewers (6) after 2 weeks already have more road wins than the Milwaukee Bucks (5), with only 2 games left in the NBA season, the Bucks are 5-35 on the road.

What do you reckon about the Brewers? Small sample or are they legitimately a good team?

What do you reckon about the Brewers? Small sample or are they legitimately a good team?

Is that an open question or just to Ollie! :-)

I'm dying to know how bad Braun's thumb injury really is.

Is that an open question or just to Ollie! :-)

I'm dying to know how bad Braun's thumb injury really is.

Open to anyone really. You all know me at this stage and how I don't like making claims 2 weeks into the season but 9 in a row is impressive, no matter who you're up against.

Open to anyone really. You all know me at this stage and how I don't like making claims 2 weeks into the season but 9 in a row is impressive, no matter who you're up against.

Well this is my take on them, their starting pitching has been terrific but wont last, it will be good enough to keep them relevant though and in playoff contention. Their bats though are for real and will last obviously as long as everyone stays healthy.

I have been impressed with their aggressiveness and like you said 9 in a row is impressive no matter who you are playing. But they also weren't playing nobodies sweeping the Pirates and Red Sox.

But they also weren't playing nobodies sweeping the Pirates and Red Sox.

Sure everyone takes 3 of the Red Sox these days....!!!

(sorry Milan, couldn't resist)

• Advertisement

Two weeks into a season is too early to call anything.......I do think that the Brewers will contend for a WC spot, but they definitely aren't an .800 baseball team.....just like the Reds aren't a .300 team

some teams are slow to start out of spring, some teams start quick......get a schedule that puts a team of quick starters against slow starting teams, and you see a team going on a streak like the Brewers.

It'll all even iteself out by the time June comes around.

Advertisement