Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Comments

• Future Islands

• Foster the People

• Neneh Cherry's Blank Project is the best album of 2014 so far imo. And I didn't know about her other than the obvious ones ("Buffalo Stance", "Woman" and "7 Seconds") before listening to it.

Reminded me to pick it up. Produced by Kieran Hebden a.k.a. Four Tet who can do no wrong.

• Enjoying New Beginnings by Opaque.

Seem to have the Moldy peaches on an endless loop in my brain at the moment, and need to change the record, love them as I do. Seriously looking for some new tunes.

• don't know if it qualifies as Alt/Indie (it is on DFA) but I really like the Sh!t Robot album - it probably could have come out in 1992 it's so back-to-basics, but thats not necessarily a bad thing if you like old school house music:

• Advertisement

• No - El Prado

Heard of these guys about a year ago and their EP filled a massive gap while waiting for ‘Trouble will find me’.

They released their debut album a few weeks back and i'm really enjoying it.

• Big Ups - Eighteen Hours of Static*

This is fantastic....

Fugazi, Big Black, Jesus Lizard (general Touch & Go records...) influence, more
    than just nostalgia mining though.

*spot the reference

• smokedeels wrote: »
    Fugazi, Big Black, Jesus Lizard (general Touch & Go records...) influence, more
    than just nostalgia mining though.
    Sold!

• Jimi Goodwin (Doves) - Odludek

The Hold Steady - Teeth Dreams

• InTheTrees wrote: »
    Future Islands

Great album ... their appearance on Letterman is must see stuff!!

• Advertisement

• 2014CloudNothings_HereandNowhereElse_280214.jpg
    Cloud Nothings - Here and Nowhere Else

The follow-up to 2012's Attack on Memory and it's just as good. It's a similar enough mix of the indie rock and post-hardcore that characterised Attack on Memory. This album feels a little bit more laid back and less intense than it's predecessor but the songs are still really great.

• Picked the Cloud Nothings album up last night, may get a ticket for their upcoming Button Factory gig.

Also picked up Mac Demarco album, yet to give it a go.

• John Wesley (guitarist from Porcupine Tree) has a new album called Disconnect.

• keith_d99 wrote: »

This video and the lead singer just gave me the biggest belly laugh this morning, the state of him, the state of the whole band actually. Great song and hilariously earnest delivery on stage, like it :p

• keith_d99 wrote: »

Yes, thats the clip that initially turned me on to them!

Blown away when I saw that. And its tearing up the internet as well. Amazing performance. I went and bought the song, then a few more songs, then the most of the Album. The Album is called "Singles".

Here's a Guardian review of the letterman clip, its amusing give it a read:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/mar/07/my-mind-has-been-blown-by-future-islands-on-letterman

• Another Future Islands songs off the Album; Singles:

• These Guys played Dublin 23/3 ..anyone see them? Anyways not to worry they will be back in time for longitude.
    Best album I've heard in ages.

• Loving this album by Mac Demarco,like his first album '2' worth investing in also.

• Electronic God's Pee

• led by former 16 Horsepower lead singer David Eugene Edwards. Woven Hand's music combines elements of neofolk, alternative country, post-rock, punk, industrial music, folk rock, old-time music and native American music, among other influences

• Advertisement

• InTheTrees wrote: »
    Yes, thats the clip that initially turned me on to them!

Blown away when I saw that. And its tearing up the internet as well. Amazing performance. I went and bought the song, then a few more songs, then the most of the Album. The Album is called "Singles".

Here's a Guardian review of the letterman clip, its amusing give it a read:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/mar/07/my-mind-has-been-blown-by-future-islands-on-letterman

Cheers for the link, enjoyed this:
    “Like Pere Ubu’s David Thomas fronting New Order ... they’re obviously quite weird people”

• Todd Terge, love this album. Some completely bonkers sounding songs on there

Delorean Dynamite

Johnny & Mary (Bryan Ferry vocals)

• Mac DeMarco - Salad Days. Great album to play in the sun.

• 9ed654e27d8f99289a1475d0e23a56d68688fe88

I'm sure this will be featuring in many peoples best of by the end of the year.

• ^ Waiting for my CD to arrive in the post. Can't wait to hear it :)

• ^ Waiting for my CD to arrive in the post. Can't wait to hear it :)

You won't be disappointed.

• You won't be disappointed.

Yes, really enjoying this. Opening track is beautiful.

• I'm not so sure about Are We There yet. Definitely some good stuff on it but seems to have a bit more filler than Tramp did. Then again, it took a good few listens before I took to Tramp fully so I guess I should give it a bit more time before writing it off.

One of my favourite albums this year has been We Have Band's Movements which was released at the end of April. Any other fans?

• $_35.JPG

Ought - More Than Any Other Day
    Spiky, oddly-tuned guitars and chaos courtesy of some Canadians blokes.

• Advertisement

• New Felice Brothers album can be streamed from here.. its pretty good

http://thefelicebrothers.herokuapp.com/

Advertisement