Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 21st 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

she's just toying with that buffoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I cant work out whether she's extremely naive or extremely disingenuous..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I turned over... did she really say that?

She said that she believed him when he said that he was not in the IRA. Brilliantly slippery answer in fairness. Dishonest as fcuk and an insult to anyone with an IQ higher than a turnips, but brilliant none the less. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

"Just let me finish"- hmmm, who used to say that?

Oh, I know. Margaret Thatcher!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Someone should ask Tubs if he is now or ever has been a member of Fianna Fail. he is hardly unbiased. I do believe Gerry was in IRA by the way.
    Plus would he stop trying to do that terrible interview trick of interrupting every answer with a new question. its a cheap technique and comes off as rude

Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Tubridy is no match for Mary Lou. He is asking questions from his cue cards as per usual.

A much sharper presenter is needed for this slippery one. Someone much more proficient than Tubs who will pound her if she makes a single slip.

DLB is not the man for this interview.

Steaaaaddyyy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Have to hand it to tubs he did ask and press her on the uncomfortable issues so not keen on her but best he could do really!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Haven't seen her smile so much as she's doing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Gerry Adams card FFS, play it play it play it all night long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I'd love someone in SF would answer 'Yes, he was in the IRA', just to hear what the next freaking question would be. SO WHAT RYAN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Another clip!! Anyone counting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Her choice of the red dress says a a lot about her... I've a set of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Skid X wrote: »
    Maybe, but I think she has a bit more substance. Probably between the two of them.

The sooner the 'troubles generation' of Sinn Fein leave the stage and give it to the next generation, the sooner they will make large electoral gains.

Agreed. It's the next step towards the sanitisation of Sinn Fein. It's like getting a turbo power hose to clean an abattoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"Just let me finish"- hmmm, who used to say that?

Oh, I know. Margaret Thatcher!:D

Well, that's what Denis said anyway...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Lol! Check out Tubs little foot nervously moving under the desk while interviewing Kenny.

They put the modesty panel in front of the desk the next week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    Tubs can't interview Lorraine Kelly. Can't chair a panel on happiness. Can't do political with Mary Lou. Wtf can he do...ugh

He can get a job at the state broadcaster because he's family are fianna fail blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

that was a disgusting interview by Tubirty and i am no fan of Kenny

Just looking at that .. You can even hear in that clip how dismissive and almost mocking Tubridy was of Enda Kenny.. Remember his final question, which he asked almost laughing.. "What do you think will happen first, Mayo winning an All Ireland or you becoming Taoiseach"... I hope Enda rang him the night he became Taoiseach and rubbed Tubridy's smug face in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Aoife9 wrote: »
    Have to hand it to tubs he did ask and press her on the uncomfortable issues so not keen on her but best he could do really!

It's like a ceremony with Sinn Fein politicians.

You have to ask the questions, but they are so well prepared they never give an answer of interest.

It would take a much better interviewer than Ryan to get an interesting answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The Gerry Adams card FFS, play it play it play it all night long.

She's having Tubs for breakfast..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Enda's a bit of a hypocrite. He rules out his own party working with Sinn Fein but expects unionists up north to work with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Mary lou
    Frank Underwood!

mad m wrote: »
    Her choice of the red dress says a a lot about her... I've a set of balls.

Or I'm a serious communist shinner.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"the Southern State"

f*** off Mary Lou, this is a Republic and your like won't destroy it anytime soon. Stop calling it childish names as if it was a glorified County Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

ProudDUB wrote: »
    She said that she believed him when he said that he was not in the IRA. Brilliantly slippery answer in fairness. Dishonest as fcuk and an insult to anyone with an IQ higher than a turnips, but brilliant none the less. :p

Yea she is running rings around him.

He is loosing the cool now too. he is making little speeches and his hands are going quicker. His hands are always a tell as to how nervous or angry he is

The amount of clips at this stage is absolutely ridiculous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Plus would he stop trying to do that terrible interview trick of interrupting every answer with a new question. its a cheap technique and comes off as rude

To me, that is just down to the fact that he is a hopeless interviewer. He never listens to what people say, it's back to the cue cards, and the next question is there, probably with the time written beside it so he knows when to ask it.

I am not watching now, I dropped out, even before Mary Lou appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Hooked

She's very well able for the DLB...
    He doesn't seem to be able to catch her off guard... on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

It is very enlightening to view the posters on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He talks about women getting in to politics and then plays a clip of a woman being destroyed in the DAIL by muppets.

Advertisement