Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2 home draws on the bounce now for Huddersfield, finished 12 all against Leeds, couple of chances for drop goals missed near the end.

Hull brought the Bulls back to earth with a thump after their win over much fancied London :) last time out, they got a bit of a hammering.

Last but not least Saints gave Hull KR a bit of a battering.

Sundays games should be good. Broncos are getting beaten by Warrington this week, but the interesting game for me will be Wakefield and the Dragons. Neither has won yet, but because the French are usually such bad travellers I fancy Wakefield.

Last up is Castleford who have started great against Wigan who are only just getting into their season. Fingers crossed for a Tigers win!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Wigan by 14
    Warrington by 22
    Wakefield by 4 my picks for tomorrow (today, bloody pub work - would they ever go home)

No surprise the London Broncos being battered, they were 16 6 up at one point though! That must be worth a point or something. Also not surprised by the Dragons losing, although the margin is a lot more than I thought it would be. Wigan still not got going yet this year and beaten by Castleford with a late try from former Broncos stalwart Luke Dorn.

Couple of the more forthright league chairmen have made it into the news.

The Dragons chairman has decided Jamal Fakir wont play for the first team again until further notice and he wants Brent Webb to be subjected to a number of tests on his back injury.

Salford's chairman was fined £1,000 for apparently going off on a humourous rant which included comparing the RFL chief exec to Hitler.

LINK to Guardian summary

And apparently Koukash isn't happy:

"Can anyone tell me what was wrong with my comments," he asked, adding: "I did not receive a single complaint from the 300 people who were there for speaking my mind. Why bring it up now?"

Taken from SkySports

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Is anyone else concerned about Koukash's wife taking over Bradford Bulls :eek:

Can't honestly believe it's about the love of RL, in fact I think it is more likely to make the game a laughing stock :mad:

• Advertisement

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Is anyone else concerned about Koukash's wife taking over Bradford Bulls :eek:

Can't honestly believe it's about the love of RL, in fact I think it is more likely to make the game a laughing stock :mad:

Yeah, seems a bit mickey mouse doesn't it. Surely to God anyway there would be some conflict of interest!

If she has that much of an interest in owning a rugby league team she could bid for a conference team.

Tonight's games

Leeds Rhinos v Widnes Vikings
    Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves
    St Helens v Catalan Dragons
    Wigan Warriors v Hull KR

Fancy all the home teams apart from maybe Warrington.

The big one tomorrow

London Broncos v Wakefield Wildcats. Obvious home win at a packed Hive.

Sunday

Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants
    Castleford Tigers v Hull FC

Away win for Giants and home win for Tigers. I'd put all my considerable wealth on the results.

*At least 2 of the statements above are completely false

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Hull kr winning at half time, can they hang on?

shamrock55 wrote: »

Only caught last 10 of first half but good game what I've seen of it, hopefully KR can hang on and continue Wigan's miserable start to season!

Edit: Good start for Wigan 20 all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

shamrock55 wrote: »

No!!!:(

• Advertisement

Wigan looked like they got into gear 2nd half then, kept KR pointless after the break. Predicted the results for today, not that you would need to be Mystic Meg to guess them!

So, Broncos kept it tight against Wakefield and only conceded 50 in front of 1,000 enthralled fans. Doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

So, Broncos kept it tight against Wakefield and only conceded 50 in front of 1,000 enthralled fans. Doomed.

It was all doom and gloom after Wakey were badly beaten at home by the Bulls but the team seems to be starting to gel now, which is quicker than people anticipated. Likewise the Broncos are a new team trying to find its feet, it's just taking a little longer. The attendance is very disturbing though :confused:

With the signing of Sammut and Scruton Wakey are looking more likely to be fighting for a top 8 spot rather than being in a dog fight for relegation.

Luke Walsh out for 6 weeks for Helens, could be a chance for someone to end their unbeaten run...although they probably have enough depth to their squad.

Wigan +6 @ 11/10 for tomorrow night against Warrington anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Luke Walsh out for 6 weeks for Helens, could be a chance for someone to end their unbeaten run...although they probably have enough depth to their squad.

Wigan +6 @ 11/10 for tomorrow night against Warrington anyone ?

Think Ill defo get on that, thanks for posting!

Walsh is a bit of a blow for Saints but dont think it will hurt them too much, quality depth.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Think Ill defo get on that, thanks for posting!

Walsh is a bit of a blow for Saints but dont think it will hurt them too much, quality depth.

It's gone to 8 points now even money, and just looking at the squads I can see why. Wolves are missing maybe 2 or 3 from the GF last season (Briers, Harrison), while Wigan are missing O'Loughlin & McIlorum from the current squad, as well former players Tomkins, Mossop, Hansen & Pat Richards. I hope you haven't done that bet already pal !

It's gone to 8 points now even money, and just looking at the squads I can see why. Wolves are missing maybe 2 or 3 from the GF last season (Briers, Harrison), while Wigan are missing O'Loughlin & McIlorum from the current squad, as well former players Tomkins, Mossop, Hansen & Pat Richards. I hope you haven't done that bet already pal !

Nope was gonna head in to do it now, thank god i waited :pac:

Thank **** i checked first

Thank **** i checked first

Thanks man, i really would have just gone in there without checking a thing :pac:
    is it on tv?

Thanks man, i really would have just gone in there without checking a thing :pac:
    is it on tv?

Yeah it's on SS1 8p.m kick-off pal, I've now done the complete opposite to what I intended, Wolves all the way !! :):)

• Advertisement

Yeah it's on SS1 8p.m kick-off pal, I've now done the complete opposite to what I intended, Wolves all the way !! :):)

Im gonna take the chance on wigan :D Lovely, cant wait, havent seen a bit of rugby in a few weeks.

Im gonna take the chance on wigan :D Lovely, cant wait, havent seen a bit of rugby in a few weeks.

We'll be at loggerheads come 9:45 tonight so !

I wish I had SKY+, so I could watch the darts tonight as well, especially as they're on in Leeds

We'll be at loggerheads come 9:45 tonight so !

I wish I had SKY+, so I could watch the darts tonight as well, especially as they're on in Leeds

Forgot about the darts, might have to get that on the laptop, great evening of sport ahead and at least one of us should be up money :pac:

This is the worst I've ever seen a Warrington team since 2009

This is the worst I've ever seen a Warrington team since 2009

Is it 6 nil to Wigan? Just have BBC sport app to rely on in work

Is it 6 nil to Wigan? Just have BBC sport app to rely on work

8-0 at half time, poor game though.

I won't rush home for rest of the game then!

I won't rush home for rest of the game then!

Ah no ya cant beat a bitta RL, hopefully picks up on the second half :pac:

Is it 6 nil to Wigan? Just have BBC sport app to rely on in work

8 nil. penalty toward end of half. Wolves are in disarray. Seriously lacking someone to get a grip of the game. No ideas going forward, and that Glenn Riley is a liability.

• Advertisement

There he goes again, he's appalling.

Advertisement