Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League 2014

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I wonder how many pints i could have bought rather than waste it on this shower of ****. "Glorious opportunity here for Warrington, oh they've dropped it again"

Wigan just scored again.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

You have wonder who chose tonight's match in Sky Sports? :confused:

The chances are that this match will be, at best, an easy stroll for Leeds or worst still an absolute tonking for the Broncos.

It is highly unlikely that it will be a good, close competitive game of RL and will do nothing to attract new viewers to the sport. I doubt whether many regular RL viewers will be too keen to watch it for long either. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ah you'd be surprised Wakey, the Broncos will up their game tonight for the cameras, might only get beat by 20.

It is a strange choice though.

Ah you'd be surprised Wakey, the Broncos will up their game tonight for the cameras, might only get beat by 20.

It is a strange choice though.

I would love to be wrong but Leeds are looking as strong as any team in SL at the moment, which is unusual for them because usually they are slow starters.

Backed Stevie ward first try at 14/1 each way (first four). Would immediately recoup Warrington losses from last night

If only !

• Advertisement

Shortlived

Just the 48 points in it in the end. As Wakey said, stupid choice of TV game.

Just the 48 points in it in the end. As Wakey said, stupid choice of TV game.

I disagree, it's obvious that sky are trying to get viewers from the south and showing London against the better teams (while detrimental score-wise), is an attempt to draw in viewing figures. Anything that grows the game is a good thing

Saying that, I don't think it's going to take off down there. Sadly.

I disagree, it's obvious that sky are trying to get viewers from the south and showing London against the better teams (while detrimental score-wise), is an attempt to draw in viewing figures. Anything that grows the game is a good thing

Saying that, I don't think it's going to take off down there. Sadly.

The argument is not about showing the Broncos, rather the game they chose. If you want to encourage people to watch London, show them against a team they at least have a sniff of winning, the Dragons or one of the other perennial strugglers, not a team that is going to take them to the cleaners.

Good conspiracy theory developing at Belle Vue after the Wakey - Saints game.

Wakey go in 10-4 up at half-time.

Match referee Roby is visited is at half-time by St. Helen's-based referee supervisor Stuart Ganson (which has been verified).

Second-half Wakey are caned by successive penalties resulting in 4 Saints tries in quick succession.

Wakey fans are breathing fire.

The pressure will be on Ganson to explain exactly why he took the very unusual step of visiting a referee mid-match.

• Advertisement

Just a thousand brave souls at the Hive to see Castleford be the latest team to put 50 plus past London. Chief exec is quitting. I don't think they will see out the season tbh. It's all a bit depressing but think they have had their nine lives and relegation will mean the end anyway, they have no sound financial or playing footing to keep going. Plenty of Southern teams in the lower leagues though, and maybe a resurgent Skolars will result.

To follow up my previous post about having sky show Broncos in a close game, I don't think there are any teams bad enough to give them that at the moment.

Just a thousand brave souls at the Hive to see Castleford be the latest team to put 50 plus past London. Chief exec is quitting. I don't think they will see out the season tbh. It's all a bit depressing but think they have had their nine lives and relegation will mean the end anyway, they have no sound financial or playing footing to keep going. Plenty of Southern teams in the lower leagues though, and maybe a resurgent Skolars will result.

To follow up my previous post about having sky show Broncos in a close game, I don't think there are any teams bad enough to give them that at the moment.

Even the London Skolars are winless in Championship One

Even the London Skolars are winless in Championship One

They usually are there or thereabouts. Don't pick up many points a season. Hoping rather than having 2 lame London teams there might end up being a half way decent 1 left.

Should be a good game tonight, Street Helens the Leeds Rhinoceros. Hopefully Leeds can end the Saints unbeaten start to the season. Don't really mind though, just hoping for a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great win for Saints :D Makinson superb yet again!

Brian Noble has been replaced as coach of Salford by Iestyn Harris. Seems odd timing but the chairman there is odd so maybe shouldn't be surprised. They have offered Noble a director of football role.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Brian Noble has been replaced as coach of Salford by Iestyn Harris. Seems odd timing but the chairman there is odd so maybe shouldn't be surprised. They have offered Noble a director of football role.

Dont like that move at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dermighty wrote: »

Saw that, she really didn't get it at all. Unless she was talking about the Wolfhounds (which she obviously wasn't!)

Saw that, she really didn't get it at all. Unless she was talking about the Wolfhounds (which she obviously wasn't!)

Thought it was a very amateurish interview, she obviously hadn't done any research on that question, then she tries to get a cheap shot back at him. Hope her editor had a few strong words.

• Advertisement

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Thought it was a very amateurish interview, she obviously hadn't done any research on that question, then she tries to get a cheap shot back at him. Hope her editor had a few strong words.

Yeah, 2 minutes on his Wikipedia page would have given her better insight than she managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The twitter exchange after was even funnier.

This weekends fixtures: (Hull battered Huddersfield yesterday)

Tonight:

Castleford v St. Helens
    Bradford v Salford
    Leeds v Wakefield
    Wigan v Nil
    Warrington v Hull KR

Tomorrow:

Catalan v Widnes

Going to go Cas, Salford, Leeds, Broncos:p Warrington and Dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I didnt see the game but wow that was some comeback by the saints last night, it was hard to see that at half time:eek:

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I didnt see the game but wow that was some comeback by the saints last night, it was hard to see that at half time:eek:

I didn't see it either, but Cas will be kicking themselves to be 18 up at half time and throw it. Saints don't know when they're beaten this year, that or they are hanging in there long enough for teams to shoot themselves in the foot.

I didn't see it either, but Cas will be kicking themselves to be 18 up at half time and throw it. Saints don't know when they're beaten this year, that or they are hanging in there long enough for teams to shoot themselves in the foot.

Great game of excellent rugby, Cas gave it everything and it was cruel on them to be beaten at the death but Saints are good, very good, reminiscent of the never-say-die Saints teams of old.

If they can maintain this form throughout the season they are certainly GF material.

First ever Good Friday off since I was 15, so finally get to enjoy the SL games. Although, am off to Limerick at some stage, hopefully its not until the evening.

Will get to see Hull tonight and most of, if not all, the St Helens game tomorrow, but will miss Warrington v Widnes (Widnes 4/1 Get On !!)

So, invested all my life savings backing Widnes at 4/1 as advised by Slim Charles, now I have to start again, that €2 euro took years to save, now I'm left with nothing. 44 to 6 Slim, 44 to fupping 6!!!

In other news, this week saw Saints wheels finally game off against Wigan, and the Broncos nearly staged a comeback against the Dragons (well as nearly as the Broncos have looked like getting this season).

Didn't manage to see any games at all this week, mostly due to work, which was disappointing, especially now I have a decent app on my phone to watch the Sky coverage on.:mad:

• Advertisement

2 defeats on the bounce now for Saints, Bradford absolutely battered and Broncos losing again.

Advertisement