Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is Stuart Crawford Art Garfunkel's younger brother

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That spieel by the ginger idiot is the straw that broke the camels back. Over and Out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

ffs they need to switch the guys mic off who's picking by his tips by names .

Sure they even had Apache Stronghold in the video form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Benny odds-on to have a cat called Felix come the JLT discussion! :D

• Advertisement

Jesus lads these fellas have must be the worst personalities I've come across. Ronan McNally wins by a head in the award for the worst, him and the fella from Toal's a mile clear

That ole Toal buck says "I'm almost certain that Corrin Wood goes in 4miler and Derek O'Connor rides him, that's a tip in itself".

Corrin Wood has been confirmed for RSA and Derek O'Connor has been confirmed for Shotgun Paddy in 4miler.

Some solid info, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The link for the star twitter one anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,318 ✭✭✭naughto

BumperD wrote: »
    jim posted it
    https://twitter.com/IrishStarSport

BumperD wrote: »

https://twitter.com/IrishStarSport

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

That was desperate. Anyone for Salthill Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Come along Bort...

Positive on Tilla!

That was desperate. Anyone for Salthill Monday?

Ya, I'm heading out anyway. Should be a bit of craic. They often start a bit quietly but hector will get the crowd going with free bets etc for those asking questions. Get one ready if your going!!

Turned it off. Not that id listen to much Tony said at a preview, but what was said about Tilly?

Good stuff Bumper, might grab a pint.

Turned it off. Not that id listen to much Tony said at a preview, but what was said about Tilly?

Sure, can grab a pint and talk horse crap before the event kicks off. Pm and we'll organise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I'm sure tomorrow is the day for Pure Science!!!

kiers47 wrote: »

Very short steal not sure what his trip is

Obviously you'd have to take whatever he says with a pinch of salt but he seemed honest enough about his prospects. Said he blew up on Sunday, wasn't touched after, came out of the race well, rode out this morning and was as fit on Sunday as he was on his (poor) Leopardstown gallop pre-festival last season. He said he was miles behind Blackmail that day but overturned that come Cheltenham and is confident he'll see similar improvement this time round for better ground. Won't go unless they believe he has a live ew chance.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Very short steal not sure what his trip is

Price is short now. Don't think he'll get any shorter. They will probably take him on tomorrow to. So there might be 7/4-2/1 going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Urban your biggest bet of the year on Saturday..?

ste2010 wrote: »
    Urban your biggest bet of the year on Saturday..?

URP9UP833 but those thirds are 20 length beatings. Will be a nice price :)

Jesus betting shops are full if some degenerates. Went in to back a thing in Paddy as couldn't get on online. Lads roaring at horses to fall and the like. Remembering quickly why I don't go into shops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,318 ✭✭✭naughto

Jesus betting shops are full if some degenerates. Went in to back a thing in Paddy as couldn't get on online. Lads roaring at horses to fall and the like. Remembering quickly why I don't go into shops
    i have a mate that works in paddys she has some stories to tell,about the no hopers that are in day after day.they all think the staff get tips as well of trainers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

naughto wrote: »
    i have a mate that works in paddys she has some stories to tell,about the no hopers that are in day after day.they all think the staff get tips as well of trainers

I was in the bookies before watching some lad bet on the favourite in every race in the space of an hour whereby he doubled his bet every time he lost.

Started out with a 20 quid bet and after 6 losing favourites (he ran out to the ATM in the middle of it) he had lost over a 4 figure sum.

kiers47 wrote: »

Haha
    No bet. Lovely.

In PP shop near Bus Aras the other day. Two junkies betting on a Wolves race. Horse wins at 6//1, having been 9/2 earlier. First junkie starts celebrating like a lunatic, telling us all about his 9/2 winner before the second one interrupts:

Ya bleeeeedin dope ya! Paddy Power will give ya best price! (looks at slip)You'll be getting 7euro back with that!!

Cue more celebrations! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I nearly got in a row with about 5 twats in the bookie a few years back. I was up to my bollox on Barizan at 33s in the triumph and he was swinging in about a furlong clear, those ****ers going what colours is Geraghty wearing, is that him in second and then for the last two hurdles Barizan was coming to they started roaring fall, fall, fall, you ****ing prick. I just roared shut up you stupid *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...oh Emanuel you sexy bastard..

• Advertisement

...oh Emanuel you sexy bastard..

They should be resting the bollix! He's some beast though! :D

Advertisement