Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost Human [Fox - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Great episode but the OOO airing is really fecking the whole thing up. I don't think we have come across this "other side of the wall" thing before. Could be a really good storyline but it is all quite head-scratching to me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,456 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great episode but the OOO airing is really fecking the whole thing up. I don't think we have come across this "other side of the wall" thing before. Could be a really good storyline but it is all quite head-scratching to me at the moment.

Agree it is very frustrating the whole on off on again nature. I think I might give up on it now till it's finished and give it ago when all episodes are out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Very annoying next week's story is episode 4; I can only imagine how jarring that's going to be to the character dynamics - this weeks episode had a fairly substantial breakthrough between the two detectives;
    Kennex seemed genuinely concerned about Dorian after they both got badly duffed up
    . Can't understand the thinking behind this sort of scheduling.

As for the episode itself, enjoyable enough even if it was shameless Terminator knock-off and all my previous complaints about the series still applied. The over-ominous talk of 'Beyond the Wall' was also pretty hilarious; could have done with a little bit of context about what it it's supposed to be mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

i gave up...this will be axed with lots of questions unanswered....whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

jenjenten wrote: »
    whats the point?

Entertainment I think would be the most common response.

• Advertisement

I think that if the network actually gave it a chance, with a proper order of episode screenings, then it would be a lot more enjoyable that it already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,456 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think it would have beeen better as a summer series where it would have had a chance of a straight run through without breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm not quire up to date just yet but the series is really starting to grow on me. I'm hoping it'll hang on and won't get cancelled but far worse dross has surviv3ede at the expense of decent shows like this.

Realy think that the show is in danger, the lack of a back 9 order is worrying and I dont want Fox to leave it at 13 episodes and then make us wait till September or just cancel it. The smart move would be to end series one this month and then order an additional 12 episodes and air them over the summer months, before which they air the episodes to date in the correct order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Liked the ep this week, some more depth to the story on the XRN's & more intriguing is the talk of 'Behind the wall' i just hope there's more to it & not leave you hanging on by watching ep out of turn or just stockpile the ep for proper order for later viewing?

When is the normal time for the pickup of more episodes?

Btw; always good to see Gina Carano in action :D

• Advertisement

Liked the ep this week, some more depth to the story on the XRN's & more intriguing is the talk of 'Behind the wall' i just hope there's more to it & not leave you hanging on by watching ep out of turn or just stockpile the ep for proper order for later viewing?

When is the normal time for the pickup of more episodes?

Btw; always good to see Gina Carano in action :D
    A back stretch should have been ordered by now at Fox. It's not looking good for the show, as Bones is moving back into Almost Human's spot on Monday. Unless they either replace Rake with AH, or are simply going to switch AH and Bones, I think it is unfortunately toast. Even a move to Friday wouldn't make sense - why move a show that isn't performing to a day where it is certain to not perform?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was that the first time the Wall was mentioned? Sounds like the Cursed Earth over there.

Great episode. Having Gina barely speak in it and just kick ass was probably the best idea.

^ based on all the positive reviews i watched 1x09....admittely it was the best episode i have seen, but i have missed 3 eps. Some excellent Terminator moments and i could easily see her playing a female Terminator...and Wonder Woman as it happens.

The Wall is interesting, very Fringey....perhaps another parallel Earth?....or just a lawless area put up after a war or something. I'd give it 4/5....but Fox have killed this show....OOO is a big no no these days.

I'd be pissed if i was the showrunners, but tbf i think Fox saw problems as i and others have, the show outside of Fox has serious failings. It needs alot more episodes like these, serialised, arcs, questions, big bads etc.

Fringe had all these and it was able to combine strange of the week with series log story arcs.

i cant see this show lasting, 13 and done imo....there is alot of blmae to go around.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was that the first time the Wall was mentioned? Sounds like the Cursed Earth over there.

Great episode. Having Gina barely speak in it and just kick ass was probably the best idea.

it was mentioned briefly in at least three episodes.

A back stretch should have been ordered by now at Fox. It's not looking good for the show, as Bones is moving back into Almost Human's spot on Monday. Unless they either replace Rake with AH, or are simply going to switch AH and Bones, I think it is unfortunately toast. Even a move to Friday wouldn't make sense - why move a show that isn't performing to a day where it is certain to not perform?

Friday has proven in recent years to be a good genre day. A 1.5 - 1.8 would get you renewed no problem. I think a move to Friday would be good for the show....the "death slot" is no more: Grimm/Blue Bloods/Hawaii 5-0, Fringe,Haven, Dracula etc.

Alot of Friday shows have flourished in the last 3 years....its no longer a graveyard for dead shows:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

as Bones is moving back into Almost Human's spot on Monday.

Very confusing sentence!

karl-urban-as-doctor-leonard-mccoy-bones-in-star-trek-into-darkness.png%3Fw%3D290%26h%3D290%26crop%3D1

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sounds like the Cursed Earth over there.

My thinking as well. There have been a number of nods to Judge Dredd that I put down to in jokes, but as they start to mount up I'm looking at the credits to see if John Wagner is mentioned.

Very confusing sentence!

Well they moved Bones to Friday and put AH in its spot on Monday, but they are moving Bones back into Monday once the 13 AH episodes have aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

bluesfan wrote: »
    My thinking as well. There have been a number of nods to Judge Dredd that I put down to in jokes, but as they start to mount up I'm looking at the credits to see if John Wagner is mentioned.

May have been here, but someone joked that this was a prequel to Dredd with Kennex donning the helmet later.

my face right now............ :eek:

• Advertisement

eh?....why are fox dhowing fresh episodes during the winter olympics?....is this like a burnoff and another sign for will cancel this?
    at least tonights episode looks good!

Good episode. I hate that they've introduced some mystery into Dorian's past with Aphid and th memories... I'm not that bothered about the main mystery, but this one looks interesting. If they cancel it I'll be annoyed now!

Good episode. I hate that they've introduced some mystery into Dorian's past with Aphid and th memories... I'm not that bothered about the main mystery, but this one looks interesting. If they cancel it I'll be annoyed now!

Only two episodes left, no back order....and its finished by the end of the month. I doubt we'll hear anything now until the upfronts in early May....Fox will very quietly not mention it between the new pickups and renewals.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought the show had a rocky start. It's getting into its stride now though and is becoming one of my favourites. Having said that, it's not hard when there's practically little else on right now besides the Olympics. It's really getting into it's stride though and becoming interesting. I'm not too pushed so far about the Dorian backstory arc angle but let's see. I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled. They do deserve another season IMHO. Same with Intelligence. It's not great but it's not awful either. They largely deserve a second bite of the cherry too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh look, Richard D's back... ;)

This week in Almost Human's Tech of the Week - it's holograms and hackers. Hackers from the late 90s to be specific; piercings, rope hair, fishnet sleeves n' all. Cos they're extreme and living on the edge! Oh American TV, why do you always drop the ball so hilariously when portraying computer hackers.

Pretty disposable main storyline otherwise - heartening to see Stahl taking a more active part in investigations mind you - with the real intrigue being the revelation about Dorian and his implanted memories. It's definitely beginning to find its shape, but I still think its largest fault is how scattered and generic the setting is: if the showmakers don't have confidence in their world, they can't expect the audience to invest either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Enjoyable enough at the moment, but do the execs at Fox feel the same i wonder with no pickup yet?
    btw what was Stahl recognised as in the last ep, when she interviewed the girl?

Enjoyable enough at the moment, but do the execs at Fox feel the same i wonder with no pickup yet?
    btw what was Stahl recognised as in the last ep, when she interviewed the girl?

A Chrome....she was genetically modified to be beautiful and had any dodgy DNA removed....she has a twin, whois the oppisite to her....mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Cracking show! Hope it doesn't get cancelled...

Karl Urban is quality... Perfect role for him really.

Series finale tonight....yeah, i said series.....its 100% axed IMO>

• Advertisement

jenjenten wrote: »
    Series finale tonight....yeah, i said series.....its 100% axed IMO>

Richard we all know that tonight is the series finale, it's not as if you're the first person to come to that conclusion. Just because most shows get a back 9 does not mean that this show was intended to be a 22 episode series. Personally I think that a more compact and focused 13 episode series would suit Almost Human far better than a dragged out 22 episode one. Sleepy Hollow is a perfect example of a show that over 22 episodes would most likely have shed its audience but thanks to the shorter episode order it excelled.

I wouldn't write Almost Human off just yet, the viewing figures are decent and it's got a pretty big DVR/ streaming audience so there's a good chance it'll return.

Advertisement