Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost Human [Fox - US]

Options
  • 14-05-2013 11:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:D awesome!...my kind of show, great replacement for Fringe. Yes its 100% I, Robot right down to yer man having a robot leg, instead of an arm.

Very much reminds me of Minority Report in its look. But Karl Urban is great, only weak link is the horrid actress that is Minka Kelly....great eye candy but that's it!

Think this will be the only new Fox show i'll watch.

Comments

I lvoe the look of it but then again I'm sucker for all things sci-fi and the cast is great. Wonder the odds are on the big twist being that Urban is a robot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michael Ealy and Karl Urban in buddy robocop show, I'm sold :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Premiere pushed back two weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Premiere pushed back two weeks now

Is that a bad sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

bluesfan wrote: »
    Is that a bad sign?

I hope not, the latest trailer says it will begin with a double episode.

• Advertisement

bluesfan wrote: »
    Is that a bad sign?

Not necessarily, it may actually be a good sign, especially when it's getting a double episode premiere and it's possible that it may not take a mid season break which would be fantastic.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

With the way they had been pushing this during the panthers vs rams game (both during the game, and in every ad break) I'm taking the delay as a bad sign for the show.

With the way they had been pushing this during the panthers vs rams game (both during the game, and in every ad break) I'm taking the delay as a bad sign for the show.

Isn't there some huge game on Nov. 17 before Almost Human airs which could provide a huge lead in audience. I'm assuming that Fox looked at the possible audience and figured that rescheduling could boost the ratings substantially.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If only they had looked at their own schedule before plugging the hell out of it the day before its due premier, I'm sure confusion is great for ratings too though :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

We all know how Fox like to screw up good shows. If they're screwing this up this much before it has even started this could turn out to be the best show ever.

(before being cancelled after 2 episodes)

• Advertisement

The first episode is on Sunday November 17th, with the second episode on the following night, Monday, which shall be it's regular slot.

Just watched the pilot and I found it extremely enjoyable. Loved the futuristic touches that still kept within the realms of possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

About to watch this looks promising. I can't help thinking of Continuum meets irobot with robocop influences. Lets hope they can do something original with this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I enjoyed it.

It was cheezy as hell and brought nothing we haven't seen before: Prejudiced cop paired with unusual android/robot goes back to Asimov's Baley&Olivaw books: Caves of Steel, Naked sun and Dawn of Robots.

But the characters are likeable and it's a bit of fun. It's not rocket science but I'll give it a go.

Word of warning though!!!!!!!! It's on FOX so don't count on it lasting. And if they move it to Friday night then you know it's been cancelled.

Edit: Didn't see other posts regarding Fox. 2nd episode on same time as a match? hang om, is it always going to be on Monday? Dammit, it's screwed. Ah well

looks like utter tripe, but i'm going to watch it and hope I see something in it :D I'm nerd enough to know it has potential - the writing (based on promos and trailers) is what's scaring me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

looks like utter tripe, but i'm going to watch it and hope I see something in it :D I'm nerd enough to know it has potential - the writing (based on promos and trailers) is what's scaring me off.

Oh have no doubt: it IS tripe (well maybe tripe is too harsh) but it's not Shakespeare, put it that way. But it's FUN tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After reading the mediocre reviews yesterday, I was expecting the worst - but that was FUN!
    Nice Fringey feel to it, and a really unique (and cracking) soundtrack.

Urban is overdoing the Dredd grimace a bit, but I really liked this. :)

Great fun, Blade Runner style with Karl Urban, and the guy playing his partner has a good vibe about him. The bad guys need a star player though for this to last, imho.

ok, i'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love it

This could be a keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That wasn't bad at all. I'll let it run a few more episodes so.

Was it getting bad reviews? I wonder if critics don't get sci-fi shows?

All over the shop, boney.

Ranging from 88 down to 0.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/almost-human/critic-reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Washington post rubbish

If it was The Wire (with robots), they'd still hate it. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Watched the first episode last night. It's cheesy, cliche ridden, and brilliant. It could so easily have not worked, but it did.

I'm not sure if it can keep that quality up, in particular the plot seemed like it would be suited to a 2 hour movie but might struggle over a whole season.

I'll definitely be looking forward to more though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Loved it. It looked so much like the Fringe universe too, ie futuristic but not too much.

The 2nd episode had the humour ramped RIGHT up. Great show.

Balls. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Karl Urbans line delivery is woefully cringe. Fan of Ealy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Mr E wrote: »
    The 2nd episode had the humour ramped RIGHT up. Great show.

Balls. :)

A humourous robo buudy cop show, mmm… It's been done better.

Advertisement